Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The New 52 suit’s biggest problem was that it was just over the edge on being too busy without really looking super-different from what came before: it was mostly just the first Red Robin suit, but with more segmentation, more straps, a run-of-the-mill domino mask, and with his symbol annoyingly moved from the center of his chest straps (which were arguably designed by Alex Ross in the original suit to draw the eye towards the symbol) to his shoulder for some reason, all framed by the segmented feather cape, which was easy to mess up in presentation.

The cowl was controversial, but at least it added a dynamic enough change on its own to give the character an easily distinguishable silhouette from the other Robins, and Marcus To refined it to a more streamlined and even simpler design.

The Young Justice Outsiders suit seems to know how to best blend the ideas of both: it’s not as busy as the New 52 one, but uses the segmented color scheme pretty well, and uses the hood to create a different silhoutte without causing the grumbling of the cowl.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Yah, the New-52 look was hit or miss. Some good shots here and there, which of course varied between artists.
    Agreed. The suit either looked really good or really bad. I did like the idea of him having the wings but I'm also ok with them being gone.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The New 52 suit’s biggest problem was that it was just over the edge on being too busy without really looking super-different from what came before: it was mostly just the first Red Robin suit, but with more segmentation, more straps, a run-of-the-mill domino mask, and with his symbol annoyingly moved from the center of his chest straps (which were arguably designed by Alex Ross in the original suit to draw the eye towards the symbol) to his shoulder for some reason, all framed by the segmented feather cape, which was easy to mess up in presentation.

The cowl was controversial, but at least it added a dynamic enough change on its own to give the character an easily distinguishable silhouette from the other Robins, and Marcus To refined it to a more streamlined and even simpler design.

The Young Justice Outsiders suit seems to know how to best blend the ideas of both: it’s not as busy as the New 52 one, but uses the segmented color scheme pretty well, and uses the hood to create a different silhoutte without causing the grumbling of the cowl.
    I miss the cowl, it works for Tim.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The hood for the Outsiders costume just doesn't do it for me because I feel like it's such a Damian staple, but I love everything else about the suit.

Although given all the current Batfamily sidekicks have hoods, I'm guessing they were going for a "theme."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The hood for the Outsiders costume just doesn't do it for me because I feel like it's such a Damian staple, but I love everything else about the suit.

Although given all the current Batfamily sidekicks have hoods, I'm guessing they were going for a "theme."
    Didn't really think about it like that until you mentioned it.

Extraordinary Member

A theme so strong that even Jason is getting in on it, even when under amnesia!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The outfit is fine as a Robin costume but it doesn't feel very Tim-like to me.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Is it bad that I almost want to celebrate that we’re 2 months in his new Robin tenure and Tim is still stable/alive/not in sanctuary/doing well?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Is it bad that I almost want to celebrate that we’re 2 months in his new Robin tenure and Tim is still stable/alive/not in sanctuary/doing well?
    I’m toasting with you about not staying at the fucking sanctuary, but I’m far away from being happy for Tim.
    His Robin role is without a real reason at the moment, far from Bruce, Dick and Alfred.
    Young Justice is a good place at the moment but so many things have to be explained and builted up, and we still don’t know anything about this Tim Drake new version. Which is his origin, past, parents status etc.
    We are far away from golden times in 90’s but we are a little bit better than N52.
    Time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I’m toasting with you about not staying at the fucking sanctuary, but I’m far away from being happy for Tim.
    His Robin role is without a real reason at the moment, far from Bruce, Dick and Alfred.
    Young Justice is a good place at the moment but so many things have to be explained and builted up, and we still don’t know anything about this Tim Drake new version. Which is his origin, past, parents status etc.
    We are far away from golden times in 90’s but we are a little bit better than N52.
    Time will tell...
    Tim's original origin is restored, but the question of his parents still is out there. Bendis has said he'll be getting into how the characters got to where they are in YJ #1 eventually.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The outfit is fine as a Robin costume but it doesn't feel very Tim-like to me.
    I don't know, it's got the red and black from his original YJ costume (which was basically his late Post-Crisis Robin suit). I think it's just the hood that throws it off.

Incredible Member

I don't know, it's got the red and black from his original YJ costume (which was basically his late Post-Crisis Robin suit). I think it's just the hood that throws it off.
    Definitely. I'm used to Tim having the hood though since he had it in the Arkham games.

53211120_1904134613024289_7337536817274552320_o.jpg

Pretty cool Breyfogle work of Batman and Tim/Robin
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

The black R throws it off more than the hood to me.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The black R throws it off more than the hood to me.
    Never really noticed that until you mentioned it