Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Wild that 20 years later their designs are modern yet strike back to this run

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Nice find. I always like to see these 4 together.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I just finished reading both New 52 Teen Titans series. Even though they did Tim bad with his origin, and removing his everyman appeal, I don't think he got shafted as bad as Bart, Kon, and Cassie did. Though, for being the star of the book, they really didn't get too deep on his character, that was done in B/R Eternal. But Lobdell did write his origin in the Secret Origins book Tim was handled much better at least in the second book when Lobdell wasn't handeling him. I was reminded of that as the last book I read was Annual #2 of the last series and it was written by Lobdell. Tim was, once again, handed terribly.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I just finished reading both New 52 Teen Titans series. Even though they did Tim bad with his origin, and removing his everyman appeal, I don't think he got shafted as bad as Bart, Kon, and Cassie did. Though, for being the star of the book, they really didn't get too deep on his character, that was done in B/R Eternal. But Lobdell did write his origin in the Secret Origins book Tim was handled much better at least in the second book when Lobdell wasn't handeling him. I was reminded of that as the last book I read was Annual #2 of the last series and it was written by Lobdell. Tim was, once again, handed terribly.
    Everything that has happened to Tim since the reboot has ruined him as a character for me. I barely have any love for him anymore, it sucks.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Everything that has happened to Tim since the reboot has ruined him as a character for me. I barely have any love for him anymore, it sucks.
    Better to think that isnt the character bro. And that Bendis is writing him for the first time since dixon left basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Better to think that isnt the character bro. And that Bendis is writing him for the first time since dixon left basically.
    I have to say, even though we've not gotten much yet, just the attitude shown by Tim under Bendis has made me happy.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.

Love this variant for 1000;
    Attached Images Attached Images

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Does anyone know if the collected volumes of Dixon's work with Tim have been cancelled? They haven't solicited anything in over a year so I'm assuming they're just letting them die due to sales or some such.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Does anyone know if the collected volumes of Dixon's work with Tim have been cancelled? They haven't solicited anything in over a year so I'm assuming they're just letting them die due to sales or some such.
    I’ve read nothing official about it, unfortunately it seems clear it is cancelled after vol. 5 war of the dragons.

Saw the "Red Wing Robin" Pop at Hot Topic the other day. I'll probably wait for a coupon to pick one up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Saw the "Red Wing Robin" Pop at Hot Topic the other day. I'll probably wait for a coupon to pick one up.
    Even DC has just been like....'yeah he was really Robin this whole time'.

BANNED

Yep, all DC needs to do now is say "eternals didnt happen, but will happen", and just retell the story, but actually good this time.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I’ve read nothing official about it, unfortunately it seems clear it is cancelled after vol. 5 war of the dragons.
    That's a shame, I really enjoyed that run back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's a shame, I really enjoyed that run back in the day.
    Most of the actual issues can be had pretty cheap. I have the whole run, but I had purchased them when they came out.