Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    There's def a new character or member in that white spot. Tim and Amethyst are staring down there.

YOUNG JUSTICE #7
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    Young Justice—lost in the Multiverse! After the explosive conclusion to their Gemworld adventure, the team is having a tough time finding their way back to their Earth. No, we can’t tell you where they end up, but rest assured, you will be surprised! But as exciting as all that is, we have bigger problems to deal with as Tim Drake is about to do something he has only done...lots of times before. He is about to announce his new alias...a new superhero name. A Young Justice name. And this time, it’s permanent. Like, forever.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

After just 6 issues of him as Robin again? That's a shame. I was happy he finally had a good costume again - the only one I've really liked since his 1990-2006 suit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    After just 6 issues of him as Robin again? That's a shame. I was happy he finally had a good costume again - the only one I've really liked since his 1990-2006 suit.
    Maybe Tim mantain the current costume. I mean he just need a new identity that start with R.

Maybe Redwing or Redbird.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-12-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Maybe Tim mantain the current costume. I mean he just need a new identity that start with R.

If you showed someone a picture of him and asked "What super-hero is this?", they would say "Robin".

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    If you showed someone a picture of him and asked "What super-hero is this?", they would say "Robin".
    Yep, which is why a suit change is necessary

Extraordinary Member

...Has Tim actually used more aliases than Robin and Red Robin in any serious capacity? I mean, the only ones occurring to me are Mr. Sarcastic and Alvin Draper, and the latter is just a civilian alias.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    ...Has Tim actually used more aliases than Robin and Red Robin in any serious capacity? I mean, the only ones occurring to me are Mr. Sarcastic and Alvin Draper, and the latter is just a civilian alias.
    I think Tim used Batman in Battle for the Cowl, right?

Incredible Member

Hope y'all happy. Y'all wanted a new name. Honestly I wish he was Robin forever, but thats a lost cause since it would make him irrelevant long term. Son of Batman is a better headline for a Robin than Teen Wonder.
    I'm glad its Bendis changing his name because that way I know its not going to be a weird name and DC Editorial will wholeheartedly accept it this time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tim Drake is about to do something he has only done...lots of times before. He is about to announce his new alias...a new superhero name. A Young Justice name. And this time, it’s permanent. Like, forever.
    Its gonna be Secret, and its a really good idea.

Whatever this new name is, I just hope it's something unique that he can really call his own. Something far removed from Robin. Dick, Jason, and Steph got to move on. Tim has been long overdue to put his big boy pants on and join them.

Maybe not Redbird cuz Damian had that first and there's just something....really disrespectful about making your character take their little brother's hand-me-downs XD

But Redwing....I actually like that.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-12-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Tim should take Flamebird as his codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Whatever this new name is, I just hope it's something unique that he can really call his own. Something far removed from Robin. Dick, Jason, and Steph got to move on. Tim has been long overdue to put his big boy pants on and join them.

Maybe not Redbird cuz Damian had that first and there's just something....really disrespectful about making your character take their little brother's hand-me-downs XD

But Redwing....I actually like that.
    RedWing isn't something far removed from Robin, Dick or Jason. It's literally meshing the 1st and last part of their independent hero names together. Though I must admit i like that name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Hope y'all happy. Y'all wanted a new name. Honestly I wish he was Robin forever, but thats a lost cause since it would make him irrelevant long term. Son of Batman is a better headline for a Robin than Teen Wonder.
    The general public knows Robin as Batman's young sidekick, a less tortured, more lighthearted character than his mentor.

The idea of Robin being Batman's literal son, and a character who's moody, tortured, egotistical and has a history of killing, is a foreign concept to the general public's understanding of who Robin is.

I really don't understand why DC has stuck with this premise for so long. Damian Wayne clearly has enough going on, enough hooks, to be established as a unique character. Tim Drake kind of doesn't, because he was built specifically to be the new Robin, after learning from the mistakes they made with the previous version (Jason). His entire time as Red Robin it was like, he's Robin... but not? He's Robin... but he doesn't get to interact with Batman very much? It's weird, keeping the character around after removing the reason for the character's existence, but failing to replace it with anything truly unique and compelling in its own right.