Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Brown doesn't stand out compared to red, green, yellow and black but at least it's different. None of the Batfam wear brown. ...Wait. One does. Talon Calvin Rose.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

It looks horrible

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So yeah. Tumblr's having a meltdown over the costume... and at least one person pointed out that it reminds them of Talon Calvin Rose

Incredible Member

Calvin is pretty much buried and never to be seen again honestly.

The Brown Yellow and Black combo is unique and I'm willing to give it a shot once I see the whole suit design and his new code name.

Also, TD shows up in Titans Burning Rage as Robin. Fun 2 issues.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    It looks horrible
    Yeah it looks pretty bad. Brown and yellow is an ugly combination and makes no.sense for Tim.

Also.way too many lines. Looks overly complicated. Well his nice Rebirth suit was nice while it lasted.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yeah it looks pretty bad. Brown and yellow is an ugly combination and makes no.sense for Tim.

Also.way too many lines. Looks overly complicated. Well his nice Rebirth suit was nice while it lasted.
    If you add a bit of purple, it could look pretty nice. It's a hard combo of colours, but it's not unworkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    If you add a bit of purple, it could look pretty nice. It's a hard combo of colours, but it's not unworkable.
    Ugh. Sorry man but I think purple would make it even worse. Just a bunch of mismatched colors.

There's not much that can go well with brown except for black or white and silver or gold.

I don't know what the issue was with this though.

RCO001.jpg

Maybe Tim's new code name and identity will make this a bit better and make more sense.

But I doubt it.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Ugh. Sorry man but I think purple would make it even worse. Just a bunch of mismatched colors.

There's not much that can go well with brown except for black or white and silver or gold.

I don't know what the issue was with this though.

RCO001.jpg

Maybe Tim's new code name and identity will make this a bit better and make more sense.

But I doubt it.
    "Hi, I'm Tim, forever unable to move beyond my Robin phase. I'm totally not Robin here, I swear!"

Honestly, if this costume wasn't the proof that Tim is a poorly crafted character who can't stand on its own without the support of an established legacy (Robin) or the pilfering of the Batman mythos (is Red Robin solo series before the New 52) I don't know what is.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t like it so far but I’m willing to give it a chance to grow on me.

Personally I’ll wait for the full body shot reveal, so far I feel we’ve only seen upper body cut off by other characters. I’m interested to see what the name could be though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    "Hi, I'm Tim, forever unable to move beyond my Robin phase. I'm totally not Robin here, I swear!"

Honestly, if this costume wasn't the proof that Tim is a poorly crafted character who can't stand on its own without the support of an established legacy (Robin) or the pilfering of the Batman mythos (is Red Robin solo series before the New 52) I don't know what is.
    You need to read my post again. I have no problem with Tim moving on from Robin, even.though he was the best one, but as my comment says my probelm is with the new costume. Hence the pic I posted showing the great Rebirth SUIT. in fact if you read the last part of my post I say I hope his new identity is good so that the ugly new look will be better. I don't have a problem with Tim taking on a new identity. Just the new look.

As for Tim being a poorly crafted character who can't stand on his own I'm assuming you have never read Tim's 183 issue solo series as well as his three or four mini series.

I don't think a poorly crafted character or one who can't stand on his own would be able to hold a great series like that for that long.

Incredible Member

I don't think I've ever seen passionate hate for a character than I have with the Robins. Fortunately, Tim is DC's safe and reliable Robin after Dick and they seem to be moving Dick to be constantly Nightwing.

I really wanna know the name of his new ID. That's gonna make or break the new suit for me,.

I don't see a problem with this colour scheme. Balance and shade is key to a lot of the work.
    https://imgur.com/T3wGCzB

EDIT: oh, it looks awful when the image is uploaded. Damn compression, it messes all the colours.

EDIT: ok, Imgur looks slightly better.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-14-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Bendis said it's a "very Young Justice identity." The colors shown are a mix of Empress and The Secret's colors. I wonder if they are going with Secret.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

You need to read my post again. I have no problem with Tim moving on from Robin, even.though he was the best one, but as my comment says my probelm is with the new costume. Hence the pic I posted showing the great Rebirth SUIT. in fact if you read the last part of my post I say I hope his new identity is good so that the ugly new look will be better. I don't have a problem with Tim taking on a new identity. Just the new look.

As for Tim being a poorly crafted character who can't stand on his own I'm assuming you have never read Tim's 183 issue solo series as well as his three or four mini series.

I don't think a poorly crafted character or one who can't stand on his own would be able to hold a great series like that for that long.
    They can when they have were they have zero competition. What happened when once DC offered options? Exactly