Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Tim is probably the weakest fighter of the family. He gets good with the Bo staff so he's no slouch in a fight but he's no Cass or Dick. Tim's more of a detective type.
    See YJ#1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    See YJ#1 lol
    I'm saying the weakest in the family, not in the DCU.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Tim is probably the weakest fighter of the family. He gets good with the Bo staff so he's no slouch in a fight but he's no Cass or Dick. Tim's more of a detective type.
    Near the bottom? Sure. But dead last? Nah. Tim should at the very least be better than Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Near the bottom? Sure. But dead last? Nah. Tim should at the very least be better than Duke.
    I don't consider Duke or Harper or Jean Paul to be part of the family. They've been around for like 5 seconds. Jean Paul should be considered the Terra of the Bat-family, he shouldn't be associated with them after he betrayed them during Knightfall.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don't consider Duke or Harper or Jean Paul to be part of the family. They've been around for like 5 seconds. Jean Paul should be considered the Terra of the Bat-family, he shouldn't be associated with them after he betrayed them during Knightfall.
    That’s fair.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Nothing like randomly being demoted back to Robin, right?
    Hey better to be "demoted" than having amnesia, being formally dead and then brought back, or being thought to be Slade Wilson's son.

Were lucky so far with the Robins in that they aren't treated like poor Wally or Roy.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Love it! The old times!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Hey better to be "demoted" than having amnesia, being formally dead and then brought back, or being thought to be Slade Wilson's son.

Were lucky so far with the Robins in that they aren't treated like poor Wally or Roy.
    Every single one of those is better than being demoted.
    Also nice dig at the other Robins. Won't expect anything less in a this thread. Page 4 and already taking shots at the others.
    Stay Classy Timmers and remember this is an Appreciation thread.

Tim just got yet another chance. It's a good thing. Appreciate don't make sly digs

Incredible Member

YJ#1 definitely did a lot of service to Tim that I was expecting since Rebirth. His personality is a little bit too close to Dick for me tbh. But otherwise, best version of Tim we've seen this decade so far and its only issue 1

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Also nice dig at the other Robins. Won't expect anything less in a this thread. Page 4 and already taking shots at the others.

Tim just got yet another chance. It's a good thing. Appreciate don't make sly digs
    I'm not taking digs at the other Robin's, but I'd rather have Tim be put back as Robin than be like "Ric" right now, or have been like Jason, have people call in to vote if you live or die, or be used like Damian and be regressing rather than moving forward. At least Tim is alive. They have treated them horribly, and I, for one, am glad he at least is away right now from.all the weirdness that King is up to.

I just dislike that people are saying it's a demotion, when he really hasn't changed.

Glad to hear that. I'm going to pick it up today and read it myself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    By the way, what are Tim's fighting accomplishment in general? He's known to be the most intelligent but where is he in the physical ranking?
    In general you could say he is very accurate and thinks on his feet. These are great attributes in any fighter and can allow him to take on threats that he shouldnt be able to take on.

He isnt the fastest, or the strongest and definitely hasnt got the best technique, but he is remarkably good against metas, and all he needs to win any fight is an opening.

Shiva, Cass, King Snake and Bruce seem to think very highly of his potential.
    Last edited by Mataza; 01-09-2019 at 04:25 PM.

havent read the issue yet but the Tim here isnt retcon in any way correct? Its the same Tim from the Detective Comics run correct?
    Because he appears young in the preview maybe its just the art style I'm assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Good old Fergus, never missing a chance to condemn Tim or his fans.

Yet failing to notice that it was Jackalope89 a big Damian fan, who started this by making a passive aggressive jab.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    havent read the issue yet but the Tim here isnt retcon in any way correct? Its the same Tim from the Detective Comics run correct?
    Because he appears young in the preview maybe its just the art style I'm assuming.
    Bendis basically reset the entire cast of YJ to before Johns,Lobdell and other writers added baggage to their characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Nominally, yes. Though there is absolutely no continuity of any kind in the issue itself (What I mean there is that these could all effectively be the pre-Flashpoint versions of the characters, or the dragged through the New 52 and left to die versions interchangeably, for the most part. The issue isn't at all concerned with that stuff, just with introducing the cast and having a fun time. Continuity comes later).

The only exception is that Tim knows Conner, which he didn't during Tec. But that an explanation for that could be coming later. (It isn't needed. Bendis could just ignore everything since Flashpoint and I'd be perfectly happy. The one time I'm actually happy that Brian, I ignore continuity because I can, Bendis is on a book.)