Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    So wait, is he named after the dragon or the duck? lmao
    A duck since the drake that was ever brought up was the bird not the reptile.

Hopefully there's more to his decision

What the actual duck? This is like having your password be password.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I love this new name. It's brief, it's bird related, distinct from other codenames of current and former robins. I like this a lot

Maybe I'll warm up to it. After all, the Mighty Ducks proved that ducks can be cool.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 09-11-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What the actual duck? This is like having your password be password.
    *fist bump*

Astonishing Member

It's safe to assume both.

Incredible Member

Young Justice #8: "It's one of the most dangerous birds." Google search ....... Drake = term for male duck. Uh.... k.

Having said that, I do like the name. Red Robin was great, especially when he had his own series pre-flashpoint. He really made it his own. However, ever since they rebooted DC, he has been driftless. He had the moniker, but reverted back to his Robin costume. With Damian running around, there didn't really seem to be a point to his name or his costume. With the future Tim in Detective Comics and the Super-Sons crossover, essentially, he became just a Robin, a Batman, and whatever that dumb name 'Savior' was with a horrible costume to boot.

Drake is a step into his own identity (his true birthname, especially since DC is making Damian Wayne as Robin and future Batman a thing) and it fits with the whole bird motif (unlike The Signal) without just being a robin or color of bird (Eg. Bluebird).

In terms of the YJ issue itself, I thought it was an enjoyable read. But, it seemed Tim kept getting beat up though (first by his counter part, then by whoever the snapping gang was). He especially was going to die by gunshot if Impulse wasn't there, which seems like a huge decrease in Tim's abilities. Overall though, its fine - the entire team is off balance and likely tired from the multiverse hopping, and they are facing vicious, evil counterparts honed by fighting for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It's safe to assume both.
    One is a bird the other is a reptile. There were no mentions of reptiles in this.
    I think you really want it to be a dragon which is fair but doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Young Justice #8: "It's one of the most dangerous birds." Google search ....... Drake = term for male duck. Uh.... k.

Having said that, I do like the name. Red Robin was great, especially when he had his own series pre-flashpoint. He really made it his own. However, ever since they rebooted DC, he has been driftless. He had the moniker, but reverted back to his Robin costume. With Damian running around, there didn't really seem to be a point to his name or his costume. With the future Tim in Detective Comics and the Super-Sons crossover, essentially, he became just a Robin, a Batman, and whatever that dumb name 'Savior' was with a horrible costume to boot.

Drake is a step into his own identity (his true birthname, especially since DC is making Damian Wayne as Robin and future Batman a thing) and it fits with the whole bird motif (unlike The Signal) without just being a robin or color of bird (Eg. Bluebird).

In terms of the YJ issue itself, I thought it was an enjoyable read. But, it seemed Tim kept getting beat up though (first by his counter part, then by whoever the snapping gang was). He especially was going to die by gunshot if Impulse wasn't there, which seems like a huge decrease in Tim's abilities. Overall though, its fine - the entire team is off balance and likely tired from the multiverse hopping, and they are facing vicious, evil counterparts honed by fighting for survival.
    To be fair you don't know the level of ability the Earth 3 adversaries were at so you can't say Tim's ability was decreased.

"Drake"?

Ummm, don't hate it but also don't love it. Never EVER thought of a duck as a fierce bird. Ducks are Daffy or Donald, who aren't essential in a battle situation.

But if it keeps Tim from languishing in obscurity or getting the "Ric" treatment, I can live with it.

Behold, Duck Man! With the power to quack at his foes!

Incredible Member

Following that whole page with Robin vs Drake, it looks like Tim had the upper hand until the end.

Drake is fine. I think Bendis should've expected ppl to google what Drake meant though before saying its one of the most dangerous birds.

The rapper.

Mighty Member

From burger chain to rapper. DC really has no original ideas left.

Seriously, it's not terrible. Better than Red Robin. I do wish Bendis had gone dragon rather than duck for the rationale.

Though I now wish they'd gone a more Darkwing Duck direction with the new costume.