Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Attachment 87687

I like it, though I'd get rid of the red on the belt
    I don't like it. Boring colors and boring design .

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    You know, if Drake really is the new name, I wonder if that whole, 'It's one of the most dangerous birds' line, was just meant to be some kind of attempt at light-hearted YJ humor/ribbing, or if Bendis is actually going to show that Ducks on Earth-3 are some kind of vicious and powerful creatures.
    I don't know about ducks but I know from personal experience that geese can be terrifying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't like it. Boring colors and boring design .
    agreed.

what's done is done.

I guess we'll make the best of it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In the blurry DC new timeline, I managed to find "Tim Drake debuts as Robin" in Generation 3 Year 4

Generation 2 Year 1 - Batman debuts
    Generation 2 Year 2 - Dick Grayson debuts as Robin
    Generation 2 Year 15 - Dick Grayson debuts as Nightwing - Jason as Robin
    Generation 3 Year 2 - Jason Todd murdered
    Generation 3 Year 4 - Death of Superman - Tim Drake debuts as Robin
    Generation 3 Year 9 - Stephanie Brown debuts as Robin
    Generation 4 Year 1 - Damian debuts as Robin

Generation 2 is 15 years
    Generation 3 is 15 years ending at Flashpoint
    Generation 4 is 5 years ending at Year of The Villains

Generation 3 is 15 years, and Tim debuts in year 4 of that? So by the time Damian becomes Robin, Tim has been in the role for eleven years. If he started as a 13-year-old, then he should be 24 when Damian takes over.

Yeah; no.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Generation 3 is 15 years, and Tim debuts in year 4 of that? So by the time Damian becomes Robin, Tim has been in the role for eleven years. If he started as a 13-year-old, then he should be 24 when Damian takes over.

Yeah; no.
    Either the timelines are more compressed then these years make them sound or we're getting some massive age-ups .

Where do I find this new timeline, anyway?
    Rogue wears rouge.

Where do I find this new timeline, anyway?
    We're discussing it in the DC forum.

New stuff! Didio posted a clear version of Gen 4 in his Instagram, and in Year 2, that is, the New 52 era, "Tim returns to lead the Teen Titans"

New 52 is supposedly 5 years? No. One year, two at most.

What's Generation 3 supposed to be? Tim's generation? If so, it shouldn't be more than five years, and Tim becoming Robin should be Year 1. Conversely, the revised Superman Reborn timeline would put the Death of Superman in Generation 2 (Dick's generation) or even Generation 1 (Bruce's generation): it's the only way for there to be enough time after the Death of Superman for Lois and Clark to get married, have a baby, and raise him to 9 years old by the start of Generation 4.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Obviously Tim was just 16 for 10 years. C'mon people!

Yeah this new timeline is ridiculously decompressed
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

New 52 is supposedly 5 years? No. One year, two at most.

What's Generation 3 supposed to be? Tim's generation? If so, it shouldn't be more than five years, and Tim becoming Robin should be Year 1. Conversely, the revised Superman Reborn timeline would put the Death of Superman in Generation 2 (Dick's generation) or even Generation 1 (Bruce's generation): it's the only way for there to be enough time after the Death of Superman for Lois and Clark to get married, have a baby, and raise him to 9 years old by the start of Generation 4.
    New 52 in the new timeline is compressed in 1 year

Gen 3 is the Post Crisis. The Batman timeline started at Jason's Robin era and ends with the Final Crisis, Blackest Night, Flashpoint.

Gen 2 is Silver Age to Bronze to Crisis on Infinite Earths. Bruce, Dick, Babs have been moved there.

Oh yeah, I forgot.
    Gen 4 Year 3 (Rebirth) Batman and Red Robin formed their Detective Comics team.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-04-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Again, Jon Kent throws a monkey wrench into that, by requiring that there be at least ten years between Death of Superman and Rebirth (marriage, pregnancy, and nine years of age). That either requires Generation 3 to be over a decade long (which plays havoc with everyone's ages) or it requires that Death of Superman be relocated into Generation 2, preferably fairly early on (I'd place it after the founding of the Justice League, but before the founding of the Teen Titans).

Now, the whole problem could be avoided if something to the effect of Convergence was reinserted into the timeline: some time after Lois and Clark get married, something happens that throws them back in time over a decade; Jon is born and raised in secret, then after they catch up to the point where they got thrown back in time, they step into their old roles and introduce Jon as their adopted son. That removes the need to insert a full decade into the timeline that was never there before, and has the virtue of being much closer to what originally happened.

But as much as that would clean up so many problems, I don't see DC doing that.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Again, Jon Kent throws a monkey wrench into that, by requiring that there be at least ten years between Death of Superman and Rebirth (marriage, pregnancy, and nine years of age). That either requires Generation 3 to be over a decade long (which plays havoc with everyone's ages) or it requires that Death of Superman be relocated into Generation 2, preferably fairly early on (I'd place it after the founding of the Justice League, but before the founding of the Teen Titans).

Now, the whole problem could be avoided if something to the effect of Convergence was reinserted into the timeline: some time after Lois and Clark get married, something happens that throws them back in time over a decade; Jon is born and raised in secret, then after they catch up to the point where they got thrown back in time, they step into their old roles and introduce Jon as their adopted son. That removes the need to insert a full decade into the timeline that was never there before, and has the virtue of being much closer to what originally happened.

But as much as that would clean up so many problems, I don't see DC doing that.
    Oh, there are already 10 years in Gen 3. Gen 3 is 15 years total. And yes, it plays havoc with everyone's age. Dick would be over 40 by the time we hit Year of The Villains, and Bruce is a child during the JSA era as the death of the Waynes happened before JSA even disbanded.

Yes, people have suggested some age reset may happen every time there's a changing timeline-like the Crisis, Zero Hour and Flashpoint.

Update timeline! Zaresh found this one.
    G3 Year 14 Final Crisis - Tim debuts as Red Robin
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-04-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In the blurry DC new timeline, I managed to find "Tim Drake debuts as Robin" in Generation 3 Year 4

Generation 2 Year 1 - Batman debuts
    Generation 2 Year 2 - Dick Grayson debuts as Robin
    Generation 2 Year 15 - Dick Grayson debuts as Nightwing - Jason as Robin
    Generation 3 Year 2 - Jason Todd murdered
    Generation 3 Year 4 - Death of Superman - Tim Drake debuts as Robin
    Generation 3 Year 9 - Stephanie Brown debuts as Robin
    Generation 4 Year 1 - Damian debuts as Robin

Generation 2 is 15 years
    Generation 3 is 15 years ending at Flashpoint
    Generation 4 is 5 years ending at Year of The Villains
    The new YJ isn't mentioned.

I welcome an age up to go with Tim's new name and mantle.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Attachment 87687

I like it, though I'd get rid of the red on the belt
    It's a little boring, oddly. The red is so little it seems out of place, there needs to be more color and less neutral brown.