Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Bendis basically reset the entire cast of YJ to before Johns,Lobdell and other writers added baggage to their characters.
    yeah i just read it it feels like a retcon when it comes to Tim at least

Incredible Member

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

Bendis thanks readers with a speak peek for issue 2. Potential spoiler

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

Bendis thanks readers with a speak peek for issue 2. Potential spoiler
    I know that's Tim but Gleason gave him the same kind of smile Damian has when riding Goliath I had to think for a second

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I know that's Tim but Gleason gave him the same kind of smile Damian has when riding Goliath I had to think for a second
    Great, this should have been a great moment, till you put that thought in my mind, I can't unsee it now. lol

Incredible Member

oh god i can't unsee that either.

It's a branding promotion as he's known as Robin in Young Justice comic and animation unless a Damian has appeared in the show

By the way, what are Tim's fighting accomplishment in general? He's known to be the most intelligent but where is he in the physical ranking?
    Tim is known for cheating. In the old continuity he did stuff like he'll poison you to weaken you before he has to fight you or play dead so you leave him alone. stuff like which is smart. The only writer who ever ranked them is King and he had Tim last under Duke which is fair since this Tim is 16 and has undisclosed training Duke has trained with batman and is bigger than current Tim so I can buy it.. Plus Duke has powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Good old Fergus, never missing a chance to condemn Tim or his fans.

Yet failing to notice that it was Jackalope89 a big Damian fan, who started this by making a passive aggressive jab.
    Jackalopes has a lot of love for all Robins mate.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I'm still on the fence but at least we have Tim present in a book again.
    So many things have been hinted, so many questions are waiting for an answer.
    My judgment on Bendis remains on hold.
    I strongly miss a solo book, where finally try to fix Tim. This regression to the role of Robin leaves me perplexed and divided.
    Much will depend on the direction that will be undertaken not only in Bendis world but especially in the DC Universe.

Fantastic Member

Tim needs a solo to trul be fixed

Team books can be great but they lack the ability to truly hone in on character development

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tim is known for cheating.
    So is Bruce, among other things.

The only writer who ever ranked them is King
    I wouldnt bring up king when it comes to discussing power levels. According to King and catwoman can easily beat flash, and Tim has easily beaten catwoman, so do the math.
    Last edited by Mataza; 01-10-2019 at 12:10 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Nothing like randomly being demoted back to Robin, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well Red Robin has been sucking since the reboot so is it really a demotion?
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Is it really that big of a difference between Robin and Red Robin anyways? same difference.
    Robin is the iconic DC superhero and father of all sidekicks. "Red Robin" is a restaurant chain first and foremost. I don't see this as a demotion at all: I see this as Tim rightfully reclaiming a role that was his and unceremoniously taken away from him to make room for Damian. In the 80s, fans complained that Jason had usurped the role of Robin from Dick, but Jason didn't begin operating as Robin until after Dick had voluntarily ceded the title to become Nightwing. Tim's loss of the Robin identity to Damian was more along the lines of a usurpation.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Robin is the iconic DC superhero and father of all sidekicks. "Red Robin" is a restaurant chain first and foremost. I don't see this as a demotion at all: I see this as Tim rightfully reclaiming a role that was his and unceremoniously taken away from him to make room for Damian. In the 80s, fans complained that Jason had usurped the role of Robin from Dick, but Jason didn't begin operating as Robin until after Dick had voluntarily ceded the title to become Nightwing. Tim's loss of the Robin identity to Damian was more along the lines of a usurpation.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yep. It was suposed to be temporary, so they wanted as much drama as possible. But the character stuck around and they never did anything worth reading with the drama, so meh. As far as im concerned BestRobin is back.

The new 52 never treated Red Robin as an improvement or the new Nightwing, so have no idea why people are complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Yep. It was suposed to be temporary, so they wanted as much drama as possible. But the character stuck around and they never did anything worth reading with the drama, so meh. As far as im concerned BestRobin is back.

The new 52 never treated Red Robin as an improvement or the new Nightwing, so have no idea why people are complaining.
    Tim is my favorite Robin (depending on the day) so I'm glad to have him back. I just loved his Red Robin solo series and hate how he was later butchered in the reboot.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    So is Bruce, among other things.

I wouldnt bring up king when it comes to discussing power levels. According to King and catwoman can easily beat flash, and Tim has easily beaten catwoman, so do the math.
    None of that makes any of what I posted incorrect and on Tim beating Selina. Tim also was once an orphan adopted by Bruce going by Wayne . King was ranking in Rebirth don't matter about his power levels the point is he put Rebirth tim last. Take it how you will but its facts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    None of that makes any of what I posted incorrect and on Tim beating Selina. Tim also was once an orphan adopted by Bruce going by Wayne . King was ranking in Rebirth don't matter about his power levels the point is he put Rebirth tim last. Take it how you will but its facts.
    And im telling you King has less understanding of these characters and how they work, than literally any poster in this site. He has been wildly incoherent in his run and if thats the best we got, we are better off just ignoring him and going by gut feeling.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

When did Tim beat Selina?