Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

The new issue of Teen Titans 100 Page Giant at Walmart (#7) features and all new story starring Tim's Titans coming off the heels of the 6 part story in issues #1-6 by the same team of Jurgens and Eaton. It will continue in the rebranded Titans 100 Page Giant #1 next month.

Not sure where this fits in continuity wise, Tim is Robin, but the team has been Tim, Gar, Raven, and Kory.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    The new issue of Teen Titans 100 Page Giant at Walmart (#7) features and all new story starring Tim's Titans coming off the heels of the 6 part story in issues #1-6 by the same team of Jurgens and Eaton. It will continue in the rebranded Titans 100 Page Giant #1 next month.

Not sure where this fits in continuity wise, Tim is Robin, but the team has been Tim, Gar, Raven, and Kory.
    What is the new story even about?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    What is the new story even about?
    The first story they take on the Disrupter and the H.I.V.E. So far in the second arc, it involves Steve Dayton and some people mad at his theme park.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    My bad. that should have been YJ. lol He's had one episode he plays a key role in. In a team with Spoiler, Arrowette, and Orphan.
    I actually kind of like making him a member of “The Dark” (the reversal of The Light) alongside Bruce and Dick, with Tim being the “team leader” for the “Batman Incorporated Jr.” team and, at least now, totally on board with the whole Machiavellian scheming thing.

It’s a great little play on Tim as the brainiac who’s maaaaayyyybbbbeeee got a bit of a control freak issue.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I actually kind of like making him a member of “The Dark” (the reversal of The Light) alongside Bruce and Dick, with Tim being the “team leader” for the “Batman Incorporated Jr.” team and, at least now, totally on board with the whole Machiavellian scheming thing.

It’s a great little play on Tim as the brainiac who’s maaaaayyyybbbbeeee got a bit of a control freak issue.
    Well, I think he's on-board with it because Batman is, but I'm curious how much of an option Batman gave Tim when it came time for the sidekicks to leave the Team to join their mentors in Batman Incorporated.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think he's on-board with it because Batman is, but I'm curious how much of an option Batman gave Tim when it came time for the sidekicks to leave the Team to join their mentors in Batman Incorporated.
    Considering Tim is apparently in on the whole plan, I imagine it's safe to say that he isn't feeling coerced or forced into things. He knows that the walkout is actually part of a strategy to hide just how united they are from their enemies. Hell, I half expect the whole plan to turn out to be Tim's idea. I'm actually much more curious if he let Cassie in on the secret, and they're faking their relationship troubles, or if he's been hiding it from her as much as everybody else.

Given the Batman connection, the hiding seems much more likely, doesn't it? Sucks to be Tim. Finally get the girl, and stopping the villains means throwing your relationship under the bus to get ahead of the Light.

I haven't kept up with the comics since rebirth started but watching Young Justice and seeing Tim and Stephanie on the same squad got me wondering. Are Tim and Stephanie a couple in the current comics?

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I haven't kept up with the comics since rebirth started but watching Young Justice and seeing Tim and Stephanie on the same squad got me wondering. Are Tim and Stephanie a couple in the current comics?
    Last we saw them, they were. Not sure if that's still true at the start of Young Justice though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Considering Tim is apparently in on the whole plan, I imagine it's safe to say that he isn't feeling coerced or forced into things. He knows that the walkout is actually part of a strategy to hide just how united they are from their enemies. Hell, I half expect the whole plan to turn out to be Tim's idea. I'm actually much more curious if he let Cassie in on the secret, and they're faking their relationship troubles, or if he's been hiding it from her as much as everybody else.
    I doubt he feels coerced into it, but, assuming he wasn't part of the planning, was Robin really going to not follow Batman on something?

I don't know if he told Cassie because I doubt she can keep a secret as well as the group involved can, especially when Wonder Woman isn't even comfortable with it. She did seem genuinely ticked at him for leaving.
    Given the Batman connection, the hiding seems much more likely, doesn't it? Sucks to be Tim. Finally get the girl, and stopping the villains means throwing your relationship under the bus to get ahead of the Light.
    That's what Steph is there for .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's what Steph is there for .
    I would love to see them have some flirty banter, but the relationship doesn't progress beyond that until Tim and Cassie have a bit of a reckoning. Something where Cassie feels betrayed because he didn't trust her, or feeling slighted because Tim put his loyalty to his adoptive father before her and has largely shut her out. After the break up I could see Steph making a serious move on him since she typically pursues him in the comics.

Or Diana may have clued Cassie into what the Bat family is doing(some time after they all walked out). And Cassie is being mature about it, letting Tim do his thing with Batman until the current threat is resolved. While Tim and Steph never move beyond flirty banter.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I would love to see them have some flirty banter, but the relationship doesn't progress beyond that until Tim and Cassie have a bit of a reckoning. Something where Cassie feels betrayed because he didn't trust her, or feeling slighted because Tim put his loyalty to his adoptive father before her and has largely shut her out. After the break up I could see Steph making a serious move on him since she typically pursues him in the comics.

Or Diana may have clued Cassie into what the Bat family is doing(some time after they all walked out). And Cassie is being mature about it, letting Tim do his thing with Batman until the current threat is resolved. While Tim and Steph never move beyond flirty banter.
    And assuming the younger generation gets enough screentime for actual relationship developments .

Fantastic Member

Tim and Cass getting together was a bad case of show's telling, not showing. It violated the agency of Tim and Cass's characters to further the Superboy/Ms. Martian romance. Basically jobbing characters, but for romance purposes.

BANNED

Tim and Cass getting together was a bad case of show's telling, not showing. It violated the agency of Tim and Cass's characters to further the Superboy/Ms. Martian romance. Basically jobbing characters, but for romance purposes.
    Who cares? Its just a thing that happened in a story. And it didnt make the characters look any better or worse. About the only thing that could pass for character development after Tims first mission leading anyway.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Who cares? Its just a thing that happened in a story. And it didnt make the characters look any better or worse. About the only thing that could pass for character development after Tims first mission leading anyway.

People who wish that the second generation was getting more character development rather than just props for first generation?

People who wish that the second generation was getting more character development rather than just props for first generation?
    Well the first gen is technically the JSA...
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics