Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default What are your fave movies of 2018?

1. Mandy.
    2. Searching.
    3. Mission Impossible Fallout.
    4. Spider-Man into the Spiderverse.
    5. Deadpool 2.
    6. Game Night.
    7. The Incredibles 2.
    8. Wreck it Ralph 2.
    9. Sicario 2.
    10. A Quiet Place.

HMs: Overlord, Ant-Man and Wasp, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, Avengers 3, Suspiria, Isle of Dogs, Bad Times at the El Royale, Revenge and Batman Gotham by Gaslight and Hotel Artemis.

My Worst:
    The Predator.
    Escape Plan 2.
    Tales from the Hood 2.
    Hellraiser Judgement.
    Creed II.
    Venom.
    Solo.
    The First Purge.
    The Nun.
    Skyscrapper.
    Ready Player One.
    Halloween.

I need to see a couple more movies before I settle on my Top 10. Definitely making sure I get Mandy in there. It was not on my radar initially, but it's been making some lists that I've seen and it looking insane.

You're worst list is kinda odd to me it's your opinion but there's far worse 2018 movies just off the top of my head I feel pretty.

1. Infinity War
    Everything else in no particular order

Black Panther
    Quiet Place
    Instant family
    Into the Spider verse
    Creed 2
    Game night
    Crazy rich Asians
    Sorry to Bother you

Honarable mention to Aquaman,Blackkklansman and Deadpool 2

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You're worst list is kinda odd to me it's your opinion but there's far worse 2018 movies just off the top of my head I feel pretty.
    What do you mean odd?

Into the Spiderverse
    Venom
    Infinity War
    Black Panther
    Ready Player One
    Solo
    Quiet Place
    Mamma Mia Here We Go Again
    Crimes of Grindelwald

Didn't see a whole lot of movies in 2018, but most of the ones I saw I liked.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    What do you mean odd?
    I wouldn't call your picks the worst movies of 2018 iv seen a lot of them and they range from good/ok to popcorn level in my opinion there's far worse 2018 movies.

Want to get more specific? Creates more/better discussion if you give yours as well.

I wouldn't call your picks the worst movies of 2018 iv seen a lot of them and they range from good/ok to popcorn level in my opinion there's far worse 2018 movies.
    Typically people list out more than one movie if they're going to say that.

But that's also the point of the thread, too. If you say there are worse ones, no one's saying there aren't. They just want to hear what's your list, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Typically people list out more than one movie if they're going to say that.

But that's also the point of the thread, too. If you say there are worse ones, no one's saying there aren't. They just want to hear what's your list, then.
    Naw I'm good I'm just saying I find the list odd is all I mean no offense it's he's opinion after all.

Naw I'm good I'm just saying I find the list odd is all I mean no offense it's he's opinion after all.
    At the heart of it isn't about opinion, it's about interest in what each other has to say. You say those aren't the movies you would've chosen; no one's disagreeing with you or saying you need to defend yourself. It's perfectly fine to think that your choices would be different. On the contrary, they're asking you for your thoughts and contributions. You've piqued the interest in a discussion, not an argument. Like, why do you find it odd? You may have a point or you could get others thinking, but none of us will ever know because you won't share with them when others have shared with you, and shared enough that you felt to contribute.

It's a message board. A message board is pointless if posters just leave glib comments with no context whatsoever. If you make a point, explain the point. If you state a point without really saying anything else about it, then it's not a point and there's no reason for the post to even exist to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    At the heart of it isn't about opinion, it's about interest in what each other has to say. You say those aren't the movies you would've chosen; no one's disagreeing with you or saying you need to defend yourself. It's perfectly fine to think that your choices would be different. On the contrary, they're asking you for your thoughts and contributions. You've piqued the interest in a discussion, not an argument. Like, why do you find it odd? You may have a point or you could get others thinking, but none of us will ever know because you won't share with them when others have shared with you, and shared enough that you felt to contribute.

It's a message board. A message board is pointless if posters just leave glib comments with no context whatsoever. If you make a point, explain the point. If you state a point without really saying anything else about it, then it's not a point and there's no reason for the post to even exist to begin with.
    I really can't come up with a list right now maybe later.

Top 5

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse- Hands down and by far my favorite film of 2018.
    Avengers: Infinity War- a beautiful ten year pay off and very much looking forward to the ending this year.
    Incredibles 2: It was worth the wait.
    Ant-Man & The Wasp: one of my favorite series of the MCU. Wasp was badass!
    A Quiet Place.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Retired

I'll probably get around to seeing more 2018 movies in 2019, but of the ones I've seen my top five would be:

PADDINGTON 2, directed by Paul Kiing.
    AQUAMAN, directed by James Wan.
    THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WIND, directed by Orson Welles.
    GREEN BOOK, directed by Peter Farrelly.
    A QUIET PLACE, directed by John Krasinski.

SEARCHING and UPGRADE were clever, but ultimately all that genius is being used for rather pedestrian plots. I didn't see why INCREDIBLES 2 was supposed to be better than the first one--it seemed to just repeat the same tropes and I couldn't see that much improvement in the animation. GAME NIGHT was a fun movie but not exceptional enough to be one of the top movies. I thought THE FIRST PURGE was just fine and much improved over the previous film in the franchise. I liked some things about THE NUN--other bits made no sense--but, as a travelogue, I appreciated it being filmed in Romania. A SIMPLE FAVOUR could have been a great little movie but the director kept undermining his own work. HEREDITARY implodes on itself with its logic, while the miniatures never paid off and became an annoying aspect of the movie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Want to get more specific? Creates more/better discussion if you give yours as well.
    The 15:17 to Paris
    I feel pretty
    Acrimony
    God's not Dead 3
    Overboard
    Life of the Party
    A Wrinkle in Time
    Show dogs
    Book club
    Uncle Drew
    The Spy Who Dumped Me
    Death of a Nation
    the trump prophecy
    god bless the broken road
    Forever My Girl
    Last edited by choptop; 02-15-2019 at 11:16 PM.