Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default First New X-Men: New Mutants Appreciation 2019

The original New Mutants.

For New Mutants essential reads, you should read New Mutants Classic vol 1 - 4 and New Mutants Special Edition #1, Uncanny X-Men Annual #9 & #10

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/new-m...2/4000-153645/

Vol 1 tells the origin of Karma, Dani, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Sunspot

Vol 2 tells the origin of Magma, Magik, Cypher, first appearance of Warpath (in Hellions team). Magik #1-4 tells more about origin of Magik

Vol 3 is first appearance of Warlock.

Vol 4 tells the origin of Legion (who is Xavier's son) and it's Guido (aka Strong Guy) first appearance.

Annuals: New Mutants Special Edition #1 and Uncanny X-Men Annual vol #9
    tells how Dani became the Valkyrie and how Wolfsbane met her son's father.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/New_M...dition_Vol_1_1
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Uncan...ual_Vol_1_1985

Original outfits:

Link to the old thread

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-Appreciation
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-25-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Love this team.

I am currently reading from Demon Bear through to Fall of the Mutants, then will skip to Inferno.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

always loved Mirage, Magik, and later, Boom Boom.

Love this crew, especially my main man Sunspot

Wouldn’t the first “New X-Men” be the........All-New, All-Different X-Men? Anyways, 2018 has been rough for these guys. Whether it be Warlock accidentally killing a family or Karma, Mirage, Magik, and Wolfsbane getting infected by his T-O virus:

Or Cannonball, Warpath, Shattybuns, Domino, and Wifi facing off against a mutant genocide:

Or Boom-Boom not being punctual to her team meetings:

At least we have a promising 2019 for this group.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Oh my god. The name of this thread is so shady.

Also: all hail All-Goddess Boom Boom.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Oh, the New Mutants. The true generation that gets even a shorter end of the stick than the Academy X kids now (don't get me wrong, I love them both and want more exposure for both of the groups).

I may back read all of New Mutants this year! It was New Mutants and Exiles that were actually my comic introduction to the X-Men, so I have the nostalgia factor for it.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

At least Sunspot's had a good 2018. Shortly after being revealed to be the world's strongest mutant, he mysteriously left the scene as 'Citizen X'. Hopefully, the X-Office can do him the same wonders and character development he got under the Avengers office. I kind of doubt it, though.

BANNED

Now that we’re getting a follow-up, I’m better able to appreciate the Dead Souls ending and see how fitting and creepy that final page is.

They aren't getting much love in Age of X-Man besides a possible dose of double Dani. But on an X-Men -less world, it looks like they're running the show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

Or Cannonball, Warpath, Shattybuns, Domino, and Wifi facing off against a mutant genocide:

Or Boom-Boom not being punctual to her team meetings:

Technically, only the New Mutants created/introduced by Chris Claremont from ish #1-#54 should be considered first generation of New Mutants. Kitty should have been in this team too.

The rest should be considered second generation or just X-Force (Boom-Boom, Warpath, Shatterstar, Domino, Cable, Rictor, Feral, Siryn) so there should be a separate thread for them.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 01-01-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Technically, only the New Mutants created/introduced by Chris Claremont from ish #1-#54 should be considered New Mutants.

The rest should be considered X-Force (Boom-Boom, Warpath, Shatterstar, Domino, Cable, Rictor) so there should be a separate thread for them.
    They were members of the New Mutants. So they should be considered New Mutants. Simple as that. If Cannonball, Dani, Sunspot, and Wolfsbane can cross-pollinate with the X-Force, why not vice-versa with the X-Terminator kids??

Oh look more Claremont fanwanking.

I'll get it over with: I enjoyed the team under Simonson more than I did under Claremont, it was just... lighter. And more fun.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    They were members of the New Mutants. So they should be considered New Mutants. Simple as that. If Cannonball, Dani, Sunspot, and Wolfsbane can cross-pollinate with the X-Force, why not vice-versa with the X-Terminator kids??
    Really? Does anyone even acknowledge that Cable was a 'New Mutants' member?

X-Force team actually began in New Mutants #87 when Cable was introduced which culminated in X-Force #1.

So they should be remembered as X-Force and not New Mutants.

The storyline-theme, artists, team-lineup and creators were all completely different from the original New Mutants era.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 01-01-2019 at 09:48 PM.

The fact is that Claremont himself created Warpath and it took a ridiculous amount of time to add him to the team.

And if we want to get down to the nitty gritty, Boom Boom and Rictor were New Mutants for a long time before Cable hopped on the scene. There's no reason even with semantics that you can even argue they were X-Force first or never New Mutants at all.

Domino, Shatterstar, Feral, sure. But even they were New Mutants. The only original X-Force member who wasn't, before they changed writers, is Siryn.