Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 269
  1. #226
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    But also...imagine if Sunspot/Citizen X went through six years of strong character development as a leader and hyped up benefactor for mutantkind just to die as a supporting character in an event tie-in mini. Worms in the brain, literal worms in the brain.
    I've ENJOYED the WotR UXM tie in thus far. A bunch. I'm going to be devastated if Berto kicks it.

    I mean, yes a lot of the folks Karma is talking about are dead -- but maybe the "loss" of Berto (if its true) is just that he.....left.

    I'm on pins and needles.

  2. #227
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    But also...imagine if Sunspot/Citizen X went through six years of strong character development as a leader and hyped up benefactor for mutantkind just to die as a supporting character in an event tie-in mini. Worms in the brain, literal worms in the brain.
    that Citizen X persona can die a thousand deaths for all I care #jussayin
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've ENJOYED the WotR UXM tie in thus far. A bunch. I'm going to be devastated if Berto kicks it.

    I mean, yes a lot of the folks Karma is talking about are dead -- but maybe the "loss" of Berto (if its true) is just that he.....left.

    I'm on pins and needles.
    I wonder who's o the team that's not her friend anymore? Mutants especially the X-Men are becoming extinct and there's people on the team being petty to a point of self destruction.... the X-Men are so gay lol smMFh #mutantshade

  3. #228
    Spectacular Member PetPigeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I wonder who's o the team that's not her friend anymore?
    Wasn't this Rahne?

  4. #229
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    that Citizen X persona can die a thousand deaths for all I care #jussayin


    I wonder who's o the team that's not her friend anymore? Mutants especially the X-Men are becoming extinct and there's people on the team being petty to a point of self destruction.... the X-Men are so gay lol smMFh #mutantshade
    I dunno if this puts me in the minority but I genuinely LIKE it when there are X-folks that don't like each other. I mean, not even in the rivalry way like say with Kitty and Emma but just.....not friends. It feels real. Like, I don't wanna hang out with or be friends everyone on my team at work, but then there are definitely SOME I would and some I do and some I really wouldn't want to. I like that Karma is kind of like "Yeah, I'm just not friends with people anymore. We drifted apart and lost that loving feeling"
    I mean, I am also sad for her because I enjoy her character but it still feels realistic

  5. #230
    Fantastic Member pandafarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    307

    Default

    100% agree. It not only creates interesting decisions in plot points eventually, but it's more reflecting of real life this way.

    I don't know anyone who 100% loves every coworker in their office. Like or tolerate, sure... but those who have extraordinarily chummy situations either work in small groups or got extremely lucky. I also like that in New Mutants books we've seen relationships between heroes and villains. Sometimes you just get along with someone who's supposed to be your competition.

  6. #231
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    100% agree. It not only creates interesting decisions in plot points eventually, but it's more reflecting of real life this way.

    I don't know anyone who 100% loves every coworker in their office. Like or tolerate, sure... but those who have extraordinarily chummy situations either work in small groups or got extremely lucky. I also like that in New Mutants books we've seen relationships between heroes and villains. Sometimes you just get along with someone who's supposed to be your competition.
    Dazzler. Dr. Reyes. Some folks are around because of circumstance, rather than found family. And some just don't like each other. Betsy and Paige during Necrosha. Monet and....almost everyone, most of the time. Same goes for Yana. Even Gambit gives me "Yeah, I'm just here because Stormy & Rogue, okay?" vibes now and then. ha ha.

  7. #232
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,678

    Default

    The problem is that what Karma is talking about should’ve been Generation X and their relationship to the X-Men. Karma was never super close like Dani or Rahne, but she could still rely on the X-Men to be her support group and friend group. The fact that she lost so much because of a situation she would never put her friends through makes me want to BEG for Marjorie Liu to come back to write her since she’s the only one who can. I mean, I already want her back but if Rosenberg is gonna treat Karma like a shifty/shady XTAS!Jean then I don’t want it.

    I hope this doesn’t mean that she can’t show up in Hickman’s run because the Tran stuff was some major BS.

  8. #233
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The problem is that what Karma is talking about should’ve been Generation X and their relationship to the X-Men. Karma was never super close like Dani or Rahne, but she could still rely on the X-Men to be her support group and friend group. The fact that she lost so much because of a situation she would never put her friends through makes me want to BEG for Marjorie Liu to come back to write her since she’s the only one who can. I mean, I already want her back but if Rosenberg is gonna treat Karma like a shifty/shady XTAS!Jean then I don’t want it.

    I hope this doesn’t mean that she can’t show up in Hickman’s run because the Tran stuff was some major BS.
    I have always found this character interesting and I hope she gets some development.. She was always the New Mutant who seemed a bit removed.. I wonder if it was because of her back story or her half telepathy.. But she needs some TLC... I wonder why Greg Pak hasnt utilized her in some of his projects.

  9. #234
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I dunno if this puts me in the minority but I genuinely LIKE it when there are X-folks that don't like each other.
    Girl me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Dazzler. Dr. Reyes. Some folks are around because of circumstance, rather than found family. And some just don't like each other. Betsy and Paige during Necrosha. Monet and....almost everyone, most of the time. Same goes for Yana. Even Gambit gives me "Yeah, I'm just here because Stormy & Rogue, okay?" vibes now and then. ha ha.
    Dazzler and Dr Reyes? interesting... I bet it's cause Allison wore her cornrows 2 to many times.
    I guess I missed the coldness between Betsy and Husk.... issue numbers??? lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The problem is that what Karma is talking about should’ve been Generation X and their relationship to the X-Men.
    Hmmm are you saying that the GenX kids should feel more ostracized than the NM's? cause I 100% agree GenX gets treated like the middle kids outta all the New generations of X-Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    she could still rely on the X-Men to be her support group and friend group.
    ugh that's I'm screaming.. who DaFuq else is Karma gonna chill with/find support and safety with?
    Maybe shell be comforted by Leong and Nga for the 6 or 7 hours they'rll be around before getting kidnapped
    As much as I like seeing the different X-Men bristle around each other I think it's cuuuuuute when cross generational(?) members are friend's (EXCEPT Wolverine+done minority teenage girl) we get it....he's creepy



    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I hope this doesn’t mean that she can’t show up in Hickman’s run because the Tran stuff was some major BS.
    Damn you just put this in my head and I feel it's exactly what's gonna happen

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I wonder if it was because of her back story or her half telepathy...
    Interesting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    But she needs some TLC... I wonder why Greg Pak hasnt utilized her in some of his projects.
    ugh not if he's writing sh!t like his Weapon +H stuff....no thanks!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The fact that she lost so much because of a situation she would never put her friends through makes me want to BEG for Marjorie Liu to come back to write her since she’s the only one who can.
    the fact you both named writers with Asian ancestry who could boost Karma's profile is a strong example of why diversity among the X-writers is important and could lead to an expansion the mutant narrative as a whole by Beefing up the oft overlooked minority mutants!!

    I'm tooooootally not saying that best/only writers of these characters has to have the same color/sex/sexuality etc but it's FRUSTRATING when it's kinda obvious that'll be the only time said character could get some good development :/

  10. #235
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Girl me too!
    Dazzler and Dr Reyes? interesting... I bet it's cause Allison wore her cornrows 2 to many times.
    I guess I missed the coldness between Betsy and Husk.... issue numbers??? lol

    Hmmm are you saying that the GenX kids should feel more ostracized than the NM's? cause I 100% agree GenX gets treated like the middle kids outta all the New generations of X-Men

    ugh that's I'm screaming.. who DaFuq else is Karma gonna chill with/find support and safety with?
    Maybe shell be comforted by Leong and Nga for the 6 or 7 hours they'rll be around before getting kidnapped
    As much as I like seeing the different X-Men bristle around each other I think it's cuuuuuute when cross generational(?) members are friend's (EXCEPT Wolverine+done minority teenage girl) we get it....he's creepy



    Damn you just put this in my head and I feel it's exactly what's gonna happen

    Interesting....


    ugh not if he's writing sh!t like his Weapon +H stuff....no thanks!!


    the fact you both named writers with Asian ancestry who could boost Karma's profile is a strong example of why diversity among the X-writers is important and could lead to an expansion the mutant narrative as a whole by Beefing up the oft overlooked minority mutants!!

    I'm tooooootally not saying that best/only writers of these characters has to have the same color/sex/sexuality etc but it's FRUSTRATING when it's kinda obvious that'll be the only time said character could get some good development :/
    Oh trust me I get it.. I think anyone should be able to write anyone.. But history has shown repeatedly that many of the white male writers either do not use or do not write compelling characters of color. I will leave it at that before I get on my soap box. I mention Pak because of the stuff is he is doing in the wider marvel verse.. His new upcoming book New Agents of Atlas seems to have an all Asian super hero cast.. Just no mutants or at least no x men affiliated mutants.. While I hated his Weapon H stuff as it regarded Monet and certain characters characterization.. I think he did ok with his 11 issue solo Storm run.. I would loved to see him include Karma and Sunfire to this cast.

    https://i2.wp.com/gregpak.com/wp/wp-...ize=666%2C1024

  11. #236
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmmm are you saying that the GenX kids should feel more ostracized than the NM's? cause I 100% agree GenX gets treated like the middle kids outta all the New generations of X-Men
    oh definitelyyy!!!!! Generation X is the red-headed, black sheep on the X-Family out of all the young gens that really mattered (so basically New Mutants, Gen X, Academy X, JGS). I think it has half to do with how bizarre not only the book was but their powers and half to do with their distance from the X-Men overall. At least the New Mutants were trained directly by Xavier, the New X-Men were the "last generation of X-Men", and Aaron's crew was created at a time where the X-Men were trying so hard to get back to their school roots. Generation X did so much not only for its characters but for Emma and Banshee, but that period always seems to be overlooked by writers.

    ugh that's I'm screaming.. who DaFuq else is Karma gonna chill with/find support and safety with?
    Maybe shell be comforted by Leong and Nga for the 6 or 7 hours they'rll be around before getting kidnapped
    As much as I like seeing the different X-Men bristle around each other I think it's cuuuuuute when cross generational(?) members are friend's (EXCEPT Wolverine+done minority teenage girl) we get it....he's creepy
    New Mutants are like the oldest out of the three generations (Gen X, Academy X) and I love the dynamic that they generally act like the older siblings to them. But yeah, Shan should've talked with Illyana or something instead of just leaving without saying a word.

    Damn you just put this in my head and I feel it's exactly what's gonna happen
    We see that this new era is full of Gen X love (what happened to their appreciation thread?) but it's been crickets for the New Mutants so far except Magik.

    the fact you both named writers with Asian ancestry who could boost Karma's profile is a strong example of why diversity among the X-writers is important and could lead to an expansion the mutant narrative as a whole by Beefing up the oft overlooked minority mutants!!

    I'm tooooootally not saying that best/only writers of these characters has to have the same color/sex/sexuality etc but it's FRUSTRATING when it's kinda obvious that'll be the only time said character could get some good development :/
    Yeah, take Jim Zub for example. he was able to do some good work on Snowguard through extensive research and care put into learning not only her background but how her culture isn't just a backdrop. Not that Asian lesbian creators should only be written by creators like them, but unless those white creators are willing to do research instead of just botching their origin for a cool villain and Magik propping then I still want Liu over Rosenberg any day. But from the solicit of his last issue, I'm hoping she'll be back before everything is over.

  12. #237
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Interdimensional
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    New Mutants #15 May 1984
    "Scaredy Cat!"
    Magik sends her astral form to the Massachusetts Academy

    and learns that the White Queen has captured Kitty and brainwashed Doug;
    The New Mutants learn that Magik is a sorceress;

    They head off to the rescue, but are met by the White Queen.

    Script by Chris Claremont, pencils by Sal Buscema, inks by Tom Mandrake
    This is one of my favorite X-arcs ever --Dani & Illyana against the world! But what I like the most is the fact that the X-Babies went to rescue Kitty by bus. Glorious. I need more of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I dunno if this puts me in the minority but I genuinely LIKE it when there are X-folks that don't like each other. I mean, not even in the rivalry way like say with Kitty and Emma but just.....not friends. It feels real. Like, I don't wanna hang out with or be friends everyone on my team at work, but then there are definitely SOME I would and some I do and some I really wouldn't want to. I like that Karma is kind of like "Yeah, I'm just not friends with people anymore. We drifted apart and lost that loving feeling"
    I mean, I am also sad for her because I enjoy her character but it still feels realistic
    Absolutely agree. Also, I personally think Shan is one of the most realistic X-characters in general. Maybe because of her seriousness, or because she had to care for her siblings, or because she was the only New Mutant who earned a living.

    Tycon, thank you very much for your recap about New Mutants current situation.

  13. #238
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Girl me too!
    Dazzler and Dr Reyes? interesting... I bet it's cause Allison wore her cornrows 2 to many times.
    I guess I missed the coldness between Betsy and Husk.... issue numbers??? lol
    Sorry girl -- I worded that poorly. I meant to say that Ali and CeCe are two examples of women/mutants who didn't WANT the X-Life. They just wanted to pursue their respective passions so their being WITH the X-Men is more by necessity/circumstance rather than "I wanna champion for Xavier!" etc etc.

    As for Bets and Paige -- it was the Necrosha arc.
    I interpreted the scene as picking up on the potential tension between these two women who both dated Warren. Felt like subtle jabs.


  14. #239
    Mighty Member norj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,008

    Default



    Who agrees with Dani?

  15. #240
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post


    Who agrees with Dani?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •