Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 545
  1. #451
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,903

    Default

    If he did have it primarily based around the Hellions, whom should he choose? I'd do

    Empath
    Vicente
    Catseye
    Tarot
    Jetstream
    Monet

  2. #452
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If he did have it primarily based around the Hellions, whom should he choose? I'd do

    Empath
    Vicente
    Catseye
    Tarot
    Jetstream
    Monet
    Probably the same, but with Firestar instead of Empath.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  3. #453
    Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    82

    Default

    A mix of Hellions + GEN X would be perfect:
    Warpath
    Catseye
    Tarot
    Synch
    Skin
    Firestar or Penance

  4. #454
    Mighty Member gambitxremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    In the preview pages for new mutants it looks like sunspots the leader

  5. #455
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    In the preview pages for new mutants it looks like sunspots the leader
    Honestly given his evolution in Avengers minus Rosenbergs take on him which was awful. I think strategically and organizationally he is on another level. He is more of a behind the scenes mastermind type of leader. In the field I think Sam and Dani are better.

  6. #456
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    126

    Default

    [QUOTE=sallyblevins;4539438]
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Well, I'll rather go with the X-kids.
    Quire and X-23 shouldn't be their only representatives in the official teams.
    Glob grew on me, and I'd be fine with him, alongside Pixie, Armor, Anole and Rockslide.

    But I'm also kinda hoping for the original Hellions. Maybe including Firestar.[/QUOTE

    Im hoping the same. That the original hellions are The secondary team. If Hickman loves the new mutants, he has to love the hellions too right? Fingers crossed
    The original Hellions had such interesting characters and talk about little page time in the X-books....jeez! OG New Mutants with Chamber and Mondo coupled with OG Hellions would rule. Is Hickman going to oversee Brisson on this book after the first arc to avoid this turning into a quirky mess?

  7. #457
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Killing the Hellions was one of the worst things in xmen history. They killed great characters for the sake of terrible forgettable failed characters like Shinobi Shaw, Sienna Blaze and Trevor Fitzroy.
    The girls were great, Tarot, Roulette, Catseye. The boys werent so good. I like Empath a lot, but the only one of the others who had some personality was Jetstream.

    Empath is very underused, he has been in limbo since Bastion attacked Utopia (he isnt dead). Hasnt been used in a decade.

  8. #458
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,903

    Default



    Speaking of which, something that bothered me was that Tarot was killed in UXM 281, yet she's very much alive in 282, only to be killed again.



    And there's like 15 Hellions in this scene. WTF did they all come from? TPTB killed them off, brought them back the next issue, only to create more for the sole purpose of killing them. It was egregious before New X-men was a thing

  9. #459
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Tarot just has a weird tendency to come back to life. Maybe something to do with the Death card?

    Here she is in Spider-Man/Deadpool not too long ago

  10. #460
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Well, I'll rather go with the X-kids.
    Quire and X-23 shouldn't be their only representatives in the official teams.
    Glob grew on me, and I'd be fine with him, alongside Pixie, Armor, Anole and Rockslide.
    I'm hoping that the X-Kids will have their own title in Wave 2 of Dawn of X. But if not, it would be nice to have them represented in an ongoing title, particularly since any role in the X-Men ongoing will be fleeting as Hickman is doing a one-and-done approach to the flagship, and rotating characters in-and-out. If the X-Kids are the second team, then it should surprise nobody if he grabs his AoXM NextGen crew.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If he did have it primarily based around the Hellions, whom should he choose? I'd do

    Empath
    Vicente
    Catseye
    Tarot
    Jetstream
    Monet
    It would make a lot of sense to have some of the OG Hellions given their history with the New Mutants. I do feel like a lot of them are kinda redundant now, but I'm not necessarily opposed to them coming back.

    I'd go Monet, Synch, Husk, Empath, Catseye, Maggott & Risque as the New Mutants Beta.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Tarot just has a weird tendency to come back to life. Maybe something to do with the Death card?

    Here she is in Spider-Man/Deadpool not too long ago
    I feel like that was just another convenient editorial slip-up in forgetting she's dead. It happened outside of the X-Office too, so it's even more likely they were just ill-informed. That said, there was an indication way back post-Necrosha that not all of the resurrected mutants had returned to the grave, and some had avoided their grim fate, so it's possible she was one of them.

  11. #461
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm hoping that the X-Kids will have their own title in Wave 2 of Dawn of X. But if not, it would be nice to have them represented in an ongoing title, particularly since any role in the X-Men ongoing will be fleeting as Hickman is doing a one-and-done approach to the flagship, and rotating characters in-and-out. If the X-Kids are the second team, then it should surprise nobody if he grabs his AoXM NextGen crew.



    It would make a lot of sense to have some of the OG Hellions given their history with the New Mutants. I do feel like a lot of them are kinda redundant now, but I'm not necessarily opposed to them coming back.

    I'd go Monet, Synch, Husk, Empath, Catseye, Maggott & Risque as the New Mutants Beta.



    I feel like that was just another convenient editorial slip-up in forgetting she's dead. It happened outside of the X-Office too, so it's even more likely they were just ill-informed. That said, there was an indication way back post-Necrosha that not all of the resurrected mutants had returned to the grave, and some had avoided their grim fate, so it's possible she was one of them.
    that isnt the only time she resurrected.
    she resurrected in the late 90s xforce, the run that had the Bedlam brothers. How she resurrected was a mystery, she said something like she was forced to obey the evil Bedlam brother.

    later both the evil Bedlam brother and Tarot were depowered in M Day, and later she appeared dead in Necrosha (if she was resurrected there she had to be dead)
    Most likely they forgot she had been resurrected in Necrosha, and they forgot she was dead in Spiderman Deadpool.

    By now she should have some resurrection power based on editorial mistakes.

  12. #462
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Tarot having a weird relationship with death would give her even more parallels to Dani

  13. #463
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Here she is in Spider-Man/Deadpool not too long ago
    Tarot channelling her inner Batroc.
    Damnit, I have to get that comics now.
    "L'araignée"? Did Tarot grew up in the 70/80s? I mean, originally, she did...
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  14. #464
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chamblee, GA
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Killing the Hellions was one of the worst things in xmen history. They killed great characters for the sake of terrible forgettable failed characters like Shinobi Shaw, Sienna Blaze and Trevor Fitzroy.
    The girls were great, Tarot, Roulette, Catseye. The boys werent so good. I like Empath a lot, but the only one of the others who had some personality was Jetstream.

    Empath is very underused, he has been in limbo since Bastion attacked Utopia (he isnt dead). Hasnt been used in a decade.
    I agree about the Hellions. I especially liked Catseye and would have preferred her on the New Mutants instead of Wolfsbane

  15. #465
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Honestly given his evolution in Avengers minus Rosenbergs take on him which was awful. I think strategically and organizationally he is on another level. He is more of a behind the scenes mastermind type of leader. In the field I think Sam and Dani are better.
    Berto is a BOSS. He’s ascended so remarkably and proven that all the bluster and bravado he exhibited in his youth about being “just as good” etc etc as the senior team really lit a fire in him to prove himself and eventually come to this point of success and achievement in his life. Man oh man if Little Berto could see him now. Haha
    And I believe that Dani would absolutely acknowledge those achievements and welcome him in a leadership role. We already know Sam is comfortable being directed by his bestie.
    I really hope all the Polish and Sparkle Ewing was able to imbue into his development doesn’t fade because he’s incredible and I’d also love to have a sexy, biracial BOSS swaggering about in a leadership role in the X-Men.


    Also: let’s get some sparks between he and Monet already haha. It’s Destinied.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •