Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Roberto has been living in the US since he’s been 13. It makes perfect sense for him to now be a citizen. I don’t want to get into a political debate but I don’t get what’s wrong with that. I think in most cases it’s foolish for those who have the opportunity and means not to do so
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-17-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Roberto has been living in the US since he’s been 13. It makes perfect sense for him to now be a citizen. I don’t want to get into a political debate but I don’t get what’s wrong with that. I think in most cases it’s foolish for those who have the opportunity and means not to do so
    So, change the situation and character and imagine if Wolverine decides to abandon his Canadian nationality and become an American citizen. I'm sure no one there would have any problems with that.

Or, let's say Steve Rogers decides to become a citizen of...France. Yeah, no big deal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    So, change the situation and character and imagine if Wolverine decides to abandon his Canadian nationality and become an American citizen. I'm sure no one there would have any problems with that.

Or, let's say Steve Rogers decides to become a citizen of...France. Yeah, no big deal.
    I thought Sunspot's mom was always an American citizen?

I mean Wolverine has moved to Japan and tried to settle down there. A couple of times

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I mean Wolverine has moved to Japan and tried to settle down there. A couple of times
    Yeah, but it's another thing to naturalize and (as is required in Brazil) abandon your nationality entirely.

I don’t see the big deal with Logan becoming a citizen. He’s lived in the US for decades

Steve Rogers makes no sense as he doesn’t live in France nor has tried to settle there

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

She is which makes his argument even worse
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-17-2019 at 07:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Roberto will appear as Citizen X in Marvel Comics #1000
    https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1129148799149064192

Sorry, I am lost. What is Citizen X? and what is Marvel Comics #1000?

He isn’t Citizen X anymore. Did Al just forget that? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Roberto's codename

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    He isn’t Citizen X anymore. Did Al just forget that? Lol.
    since when? He hasnt appeared anywhere since he got that name. There's nothing for Al to forget

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Roberto used the codename Citizen V while he led the US Avengers, (which was his AIM Avengers but with government authority)

At the end of Avengers No Surrender he changed it to Citizen X, saying that he needed to help mutants more

Marvel Comics #1000 is a celebration of Marvel's 80th anniversary, mostly written and plotted by Al Ewing who wrote the aforementioned US Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Sunspot's mother is white Brazilian, and get US citizenship does not mean renouncing his Brazilian citizensphip. People can be more than one thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

And if we want to get down to the nitty gritty, Boom Boom and Rictor were New Mutants for a long time before Cable hopped on the scene. There's no reason even with semantics that you can even argue they were X-Force first or never New Mutants at all.
    OK. Agree on this point, Boom-Boom, Rictor should also be considered New Mutants.

All new members introduced after Liefield came aboard in #98-100 should be considered X-Force instead.

Everybody associate and remember Cable and Liefield as X-Force and not New Mutant.

Should Guido be considered as New Mutant because he appeared in New Mutants dead souls.

What happened to Skids?
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-18-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Sunspot's mother is white Brazilian, and get US citizenship does not mean renouncing his Brazilian citizensphip. People can be more than one thing.
    Actually, it does, under Brazilian law (and most countries). There's even been a recent case in Brazil's Supreme Court that a Brazil-born woman that got US citizenship was extradited to the US despite the Constitution forbidding extradition of Brazilian citizens because, since she voluntarily acquired her American citizenship. she lost her Brazilian one (there's a few exceptions to this rule, but none apply to the US).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I don’t see the big deal with Logan becoming a citizen. He’s lived in the US for decades
    Yeah, go tell Canadians that the most famous Canadian hero isn't Canadian anymore.

Yeah, go tell Canadians that the most famous Canadian hero isn't Canadian anymore.
    Logan was born in Canada to Canadian parents; he will always be Canadian regardless of where he holds citizenship. Citizenship does not equal nationality despite the terms being similar. I dont know much about the origin of Logan's parents but we do know they were Canadian and his ethnicity would not be erased by becoming an American citizen, just as Sunspot's wasnt

Actually, it does, under Brazilian law (and most countries). There's even been a recent case in Brazil's Supreme Court that a Brazil-born woman that got US citizenship was extradited to the US despite the Constitution forbidding extradition of Brazilian citizens because, since she voluntarily acquired her American citizenship. she lost her Brazilian one (there's a few exceptions to this rule, but none apply to the US).
    Really? My country allows dual citizenship. I thought that was the norm.