Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I think New Mutants are terrible after Claremont.
    The franchise was mishandled completely, it should have remained a top selling book, and characters like Dani should have become A list characters.

I don't think Simonson's run is that bad, but it was mostly a transition to the X-force era.
    Some of the best characters from Claremont's run were discarded in favor of what would become the X-force line-up and I do have to wonder what could have been if they had kept the focus on Dani, Magik etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think Simonson's run is that bad, but it was mostly a transition to the X-force era.
    Some of the best characters from Claremont's run were discarded in favor of what would become the X-force line-up and I do have to wonder what could have been if they had kept the focus on Dani, Magik etc.
    I meeeean i loved pretty much the whole narrative of the team... from their 1st appearance all the way up to whenever X-Statix, the inferno storyline had me crying lol and still Simonson's run leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I too wonder if I woulda liked her run a 100xx more if Simonson had Kept Taki aka Wiz Kid aka The Mitsubishi Mustang aka TK2000 Matsuya . Now im thinking how eFFin cool if in addition to Rahne, Sam, and Bobby Cable had taken Taki under his wing as well. Now you got me thinking if the 4 BadAss New Mutant ladies (Dani, Karma, Magik, Amara) joining and BOOOM!!! *mind blown* Empath could follow Amara and join
    making the boy/girl ratio lil more balanced. Dang that woulda been a hella diverse line up:A Native Cheyenne, French Vietnamese, Black Brazilian,Russian, Japanese. woulda probably been the most diverse X-Team ever
    Instead we get...
    WhiteonWhiteonGinger
    BirdBrain!!!and eFFin GOSSAMER (The Whitest Chick in the Cosmos so of course Bobby falls in love)

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Saw this on twitter

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Saw this on twitter

I’m excited for this New Mutants run. The art looks really good.

BANNED

This just looks like good fun

Reminds me of the OG generation X run which was fun, whacky and awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I meeeean i loved pretty much the whole narrative of the team... from their 1st appearance all the way up to whenever X-Statix, the inferno storyline had me crying lol and still Simonson's run leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I too wonder if I woulda liked her run a 100xx more if Simonson had Kept Taki aka Wiz Kid aka The Mitsubishi Mustang aka TK2000 Matsuya . Now im thinking how eFFin cool if in addition to Rahne, Sam, and Bobby Cable had taken Taki under his wing as well. Now you got me thinking if the 4 BadAss New Mutant ladies (Dani, Karma, Magik, Amara) joining and BOOOM!!! *mind blown* Empath could follow Amara and join
    making the boy/girl ratio lil more balanced. Dang that woulda been a hella diverse line up:A Native Cheyenne, French Vietnamese, Black Brazilian,Russian, Japanese. woulda probably been the most diverse X-Team ever
    Instead we get...
    WhiteonWhiteonGinger
    BirdBrain!!!and eFFin GOSSAMER (The Whitest Chick in the Cosmos so of course Bobby falls in love)
    I think you meant Gosamyr... "Gossamer", is an animated cartoon character in the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series of cartoons. The character is a hairy, red monster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Saw this on twitter

Is that Rahne Sinclair hanging from the rafters? Wasn't she beaten to death?

Yes. Literally everybody got resurrected prior to House of X #1. We see all five Cuckoos in that issue when only three were previously alive, and we also see some people climbing out of cocoons. The implication is that all dead mutants are back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That cover basically confirms there is a connection between Mondo and Krakoa.
    The art looks great and I like the costumes too. They feel very New Mutants but are nice updates. My only notpick is that I wish there was a little less yello there.
    Dani definitely got the worst look by far, thought. Cypher's new look is my favorite.

While the art is gorgeous, they look too much like children, here.
    If it wasn't for the updated costumes and Karma's leg, it would look like an untold story of 80s New Mutants.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mighty Member

To be fair, New Mutants have basically been late teens, early 20s for... ever I wanna say. Like realisically speaking they should be like mid to late 20s, but due to not wanting to age the OGs up, it's more like they're the same age range as the Young Avengers.

Now you may think to your self "That don't make no god damn sense."

And you'd be right.

Marvel: But shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    While the art is gorgeous, they look too much like children, here.
    If it wasn't for the updated costumes and Karma's leg, it would look like an untold story of 80s New Mutants.
    Have to agree. They're gorgeous -- all of them -- but they do look exceptionally young. But I'll take gorgeous any day of the week, so I guess this beggar can't be a chooser. Wump Wump.
    LOL @ Yana being all "Uniformity? PASS"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Have to agree. They're gorgeous -- all of them -- but they do look exceptionally young. But I'll take gorgeous any day of the week, so I guess this beggar can't be a chooser. Wump Wump.
    LOL @ Yana being all "Uniformity? PASS"
    Illyana: My hair can make up the difference.