Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

HUMANITY BEFORE THE ENLIGHTENMENT:

"yellow x-men costumes bad lol"

ROD REIS USHERING IN THE ENLIGHTENMENT:

"I will give the mutants more than a glow-up. I will give them... kneepads."

*The people cheer, knowing freedom is here*
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Saw this on twitter

This is some great art. They all look great..
    Roberto looks awesome! Rahne is a nice modern take on her throwback look. And Karma still has her leg. I hope they explain why if Krakoa is healing mutants in cocoons. Mondo and Chamber on cover this is a moment..

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    This is some great art. They all look great..
    Roberto looks awesome! Rahne is a nice modern take on her throwback look. And Karma still has her leg. I hope they explain why if Krakoa is healing mutants in cocoons. Mondo and Chamber on cover this is a moment..
    Because disability representation matters.

I wish they had at least given the NM different color schemes for their costumes

Sunspot white/black
    Dani - red/black
    Chamber - blue/black
    Karma - purple/black
    Rahne - orange/black
    Mondo - green/black

Im fine with Doug in yellow

Mighty Member

I wouldn't mind the Yellow if the outfits were more distinct.

Like Doug in Yellow works really well cause his outfit is so far apart from everyone else.

It's not the color scheme, it's the uniformity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Because disability representation matters.
    I just noted she kept her leg. I didn't say it was a bad thing. I know that disability matter along with other categories of representation. From a storyline perspective fans will question it. As many had already when folks were chatting about it. That's all.
    Last edited by Paleo_Rage; 08-14-2019 at 07:08 AM.

They don't even all have to include black. I'd actually put Dani in yellow and white, like in Academy X. Maybe Rahne should have a blue costume with a white X on it - it would resemble the Scottish flag! Sunspot still wore yellow and black with the Avengers, but it wasn't the training suit design. He's fine with that colour scheme, but yeah, needs a more unique design.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How do y’all feel about the theory in HOX that the Jean/Scott thing is a fakeout and that’s actually Krakoa regrowing Vulcan and Rahne?

I just noted she kept her leg. I didn't say it was a bad thing. I know that disability matter along with other categories of representation. From a storyline perspective fans will question it. As many had already when folks were chatting about it. That's all.
    No, I mean that’s literally the reasoning. I don’t think they’ll ever address that or Hellion’s hands can possibly be fixed.

Mighty Member

How do y’all feel about the theory in HOX that the Jean/Scott thing is a fakeout and that’s actually Krakoa regrowing Vulcan and Rahne?

No, I mean that’s literally the reasoning. I don’t think they’ll ever address that or Hellion’s hands can possibly be fixed.
    Hmm did not hear that about Vulcan and Rahne but it could work. But it would also make me wonder what about all of those necrosha bodies and other dead mutants. As far as Hellion and Karma, I figure da quick aside orher having a lil inner monologue to address it would be something they would do. I only think it could happen because hickman seems to be so meticulous. All I know is if we get 2 Cuckoos back can we get Wallflower too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    HUMANITY BEFORE THE ENLIGHTENMENT:

"yellow x-men costumes bad lol"

ROD REIS USHERING IN THE ENLIGHTENMENT:

"I will give the mutants more than a glow-up. I will give them... kneepads."

*The people cheer, knowing freedom is here*
    This actually really makes happy.

On the FANDOM wiki thingy, that individual is identified as Vulcan.

Krakoa grew Scott an eye and they just shoved it in the socket. At least that is my thinking on the matter. Shan didn’t want a plant leg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wish they had at least given the NM different color schemes for their costumes

Sunspot white/black
    Dani - red/black
    Chamber - blue/black
    Karma - purple/black
    Rahne - orange/black
    Mondo - green/black

Im fine with Doug in yellow
    The yellow and black/blue always looks great, but IMO the longer they keep them in iterations of that uniform as the NMs keep getting older (they do shut up) the more they run the risk of coming off like still the juniors/B-team and not senior X-Men. And they shouldn't be handled like that anymore, nor do I think Hickman intends to - he made Bobby and Sam Avengers, after all. Even Evan and Idie got their own suits in All-New X-Men. Same with Monet, Paige, etc. in their recent books (and now HoX).

Illyana + Doug's perfect lewk aside I'd be happy with an updated riff on the post-Fall of the Mutants costumes Bret Blevins gave them. I'd post an image but I literally have no clue how to post properly sized images or what the limit is lmao
    Last edited by powerpax; 08-14-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

Has Hickman ever said if Rahne will meet up with Moira when she returns? I think she'd be angry at her adopted mother for faking her death like she did.

Hmm did not hear that about Vulcan and Rahne but it could work. But it would also make me wonder what about all of those necrosha bodies and other dead mutants. As far as Hellion and Karma, I figure da quick aside orher having a lil inner monologue to address it would be something they would do. I only think it could happen because hickman seems to be so meticulous. All I know is if we get 2 Cuckoos back can we get Wallflower too.
    I think everyone who died a mutant will get a do over. I can’t see Krakoa stopping at just the Rosencanny deaths and Morrison deaths. And I know that everyone is allowed on Krakoa, but imagine Wither coming back and having to live on the same nation as Wolfsbane. That’d be more than awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    On the FANDOM wiki thingy, that individual is identified as Vulcan.

Krakoa grew Scott an eye and they just shoved it in the socket. At least that is my thinking on the matter. Shan didn’t want a plant leg.
    It would be cool if she didn’t have a new, human leg but a Krakoan leg. Like with a bunch of Krakoan flowers and branches and stuff. Well it would at least look visually interesting. Also, yeah I just checked that wikia page, weird that the contributor assumes that’s Vulcan but the other one is still Jean.

The wiki should really be listing both as "unknown mutant".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman