Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I've always found Amara boring as hell tbh. I'm fine with Chamber and Mondo. I can't remember the last time Mondo was regularly used - didn't he even get shortchanged in the original Gen X run?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They were the same age

lol Damn Why Dani just ASSUME the Asian girl knows about the super high tech gadget she just received....#smdh

And damn that Juliana was a smart cookie wasn't she?
    "'Berto you're bleeding"
    Uh yeah thanks
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I've always found Amara boring as hell tbh. I'm fine with Chamber and Mondo. I can't remember the last time Mondo was regularly used - didn't he even get shortchanged in the original Gen X run?
    He was never regularly used. He had a brief cameo late in the run before Revolution and I dont think he's been seen since. Maybe another cameo or 2 here and there'

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol Damn Why Dani just ASSUME the Asian girl knows about the super high tech gadget she just received....#smdh

And damn that Juliana was a smart cookie wasn't she?
    "'Berto you're bleeding"
    Uh yeah thanks
    lol
    To be fair, Cerebro is a device used to amplify psychic powers. Its not a stretch for Dani to assume Karma would know about it, considering what her powers are. Karma was also older and knew Xavier longer. Its not an Asian thing
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-27-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rod Reis' art is...PERFECT!!! can'twaitcan'twaitCAN'TWAIT!!!!!

BANNED

New Mutants #18 Aug 1984
    First appearance of Warlock in "Death-Hunt"
    Rachel Summers walks up to the gates of Xavier's and has a flashback to her future when the government came to capture the X-Men.

Inside the New Mutants heavy hitters are working out in the danger room.
    Rachel rings the doorbell and Illyana answers - Professor X is not at home, and upon learning who Illyana is

Rachel runs off. We have a quick interlude to introduce Warlock and Magus.
    Then Dani takes a turn in the danger room against a bear. Dani reflects a bit, girds herself for battle,
    and then goes outside armed with a bow and summons the Demon Bear! She and the Demon Bear fight,

and she thinks she's won, but it was playing possum and swipes her good.
    She screams and the New Mutants run out to find her bleeding in the snow.

Script by Chris Claremont, art by Bill Sienkiewicz (begins as regular artist)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

For an arc that was so horrific and creepy...Demon Bear Saga is pure Orgasmic Joy!!!

What if Rachel had joined the New Mutants. I wonder how differently things would have turned. I can imagine Karma probably wouldnt have been brought back at least not permanently

Yeah, Rachel being on a team usually means no other telepaths are on it. It's no coincidence that when Claremont resurrected Rachel at the end of X-Treme X-Men, Grant Morrison had just offed Jean in New X-Men. And when Claremont brought back Psylocke shortly after in Uncanny X-Men, she'd lost her telepathy and just had telekinesis. Even when Jean came back many years later, she and Rachel weren't on the same team (Rachel being on Gold while Jean started a new Red team). And in Dawn of X, Jean, Rachel and Betsy are all on different teams.

Karma would've been obsoleted by Rachel, so yeah, it would've seriously hurt her survival chances.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Karma would've been obsoleted by Rachel, so yeah, it would've seriously hurt her survival chances.
    and the survival of the series lol
    Wouldn't Rachel also make Dani redundant... Also no need for translator if she could just read a person's thoughts..so goodbye Cypher
    Can Rachel Grey teleport?? Not looking too good for Majik either :/
    GrindrStone(D)

Wouldn't Rachel also make Dani redundant... Also no need for translator if she could just read a person's thoughts..so goodbye Cypher
    Rachel never uses her Chronokinesis powers so Magik should be safe.

But she can fly while surrounding herself with a telekinetic force field.
    And she can fake super strenght with telekinesis.
    I'm pretty sure she can't turn into a wolf, but she can make you think she turned into a wolf.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Me thinking Karma wouldnt have been brought back wasnt bc their powers were similar (which they were). At the point that Rachel appeared, all those NMs were already a part of the team and Karma was dead. 9 members was huge as is and I cant see them adding a 10th. Considering he didnt do anything Karma after she joined, Claremont didnt seem interested in her and he'd have even less space to do stuff with her if Rachel was around. Rachel has a more interesting backstory and she'd have shaken things up more than Karma. Even if he still did the Shadow King plotline, Im sure he would have reworked it to have Rachel be the psi thats targeted OR still leave it as Karma but never have her lose weight and rejoin the team

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    But she can fly while surrounding herself with a telekinetic force field.
    And she can fake super strenght with telekinesis.
    I'm pretty sure she can't turn into a wolf, but she can make you think she turned into a wolf.
    So it'll just be the dynamic duo of Rachel Grey and Warlock!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Me thinking Karma wouldnt have been brought back wasnt bc their powers were similar (which they were). At the point that Rachel appeared, all those NMs were already a part of the team and Karma was dead. 9 members was huge as is and I cant see them adding a 10th. Considering he didnt do anything Karma after she joined, Claremont didnt seem interested in her and he'd have even less space to do stuff with her if Rachel was around. Rachel has a more interesting backstory and she'd have shaken things up more than Karma. Even if he still did the Shadow King plotline, Im sure he would have reworked it to have Rachel be the psi thats targeted OR still leave it as Karma but never have her lose weight and rejoin the team
    Oooh ok ok. Its a shame Claremont just kinda abandoned Karma, I think her backstory is infinitely more interesting than Rachel Grey's (she doesn't even have a codename) tho..who in my opinion stopped being interesting when she stuck around in the 616. I see her as a Jean Grey retread without a story narrative that moves the character forward. but writers can't kill her off due to her parentage
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

So it'll just be the dynamic duo of Rachel Grey and Warlock!!

Oooh ok ok. Its a shame Claremont just kinda abandoned Karma, I think her backstory is infinitely more interesting than Rachel Grey's (she doesn't even have a codename) tho..who in my opinion stopped being interesting when she stuck around in the 616. I see her as a Jean Grey retread without a story narrative that moves the character forward. but writers can't kill her off due to her parentage
    Yep, Karma had a tragic back story. She had an evil uncle and sibling to contend with(who should have made a return long ago). Again her powers limited her.., CC should have also let her control matter.. iF karma could have also "controlled "inorganic matter . That could have gave her a nice offensive and later defensive application for her powers. Her power wouldnt be telekinetic but a very specific variation.

Brisson/Hickman talk New Mutants. Various teams and more members!