Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    Shazam #5 (HE'S READING WHIZ COMICS IN THE VARIANT COVER)

"In the lastest chapter of Shazam and The Seven Magic Lands". The kids visit Gameland, a colorful world where all that matters is your high scores! But as good as Eugene and Pedro are with their arcade cred, can they score high enough to survive it?"
    LOL that's great he's reading WHIZ#2.
    So his old adventures are comics in one of the realms?
    Getting Wachowski Speed Racer vibes from the main cover.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-21-2019 at 02:31 PM.

31F306D9-F3C8-42C1-A4B5-9FEB33706FFE.jpg

The cover to SHAZAM: The New Beginning #1.

Art by Tom Mandrake.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

LOL that's great he's reading WHIZ#2.
    So his old adventures are comics in one of the realms?
    Although should have used this cover...

Also coincidentally(or not) ..,
    Movie SHAZAM reading #1 SHAZAM trade, of the 52 relaunch.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-22-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

People seem to be ignoring The Seven Deadly sins will be a part of this.
    Sivana is just a vehicle through which the corrupted power (which is actually destroying him, to where he ends up the more Count Orlok looking mad scientist) is being channeled.
    The real big bad at the end will be the release of the Deadly Sins, hence Billy has to "share" the power with his family to defeat them.

Close up of the statues above, and a hint of what they will be fighting for real in the third-act big battle.
    And it looks like by their redesign, they are channeling some classic gothic type horror monsters.
    Not sure why nobody is discussing them, as they are a big part of the Johns relaunch which this is based on. And all the hints are there.
    Even CBR is ignoring this, when we get our first hint of what they look like, or people just don't know the source material?

This is going to be fantastic.
    I wonder if, like the comic, Sabbac will be showing up in the climax. I haven't been following this film too closely, so if that's been speculated before I missed it.
    I also wonder if/when we will be getting a new Sabbac in Johns' run, and if the host will be the classic version of the character.

Attachment 77302
    "In the lastest chapter of Shazam and The Seven Magic Lands". The kids visit Gameland, a colorful world where all that matters is your high scores! But as good as Eugene and Pedro are with their arcade cred, can they score high enough to survive it?"
    Considering the Crocodile Men are being introduced in the preceding issue, I wonder if another villain will be introduced here?
    Mr. Atom?

And here come the POP!s

I imagine Mary, Freddy & Pedro will be in wave 2.

The Reason for Shazam!'s Exclamation Point, Revealed - https://www.cbr.com/shazam-reveal-se...pion-king-kid/
    Although more than likely "King Kid" is not what he says he is.

The full Mr. Mind page...

So apparently he is no longer alien, but supernatural, from the "wildlands" and ate his way through several spell books, absorbing their knowledge and power? LOL!

He also currently resides in Sivana's head.

Issue #2 felt way to short.
    Also no back up this time, instead a sneak peak of the (already out) Wonder Twins book.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-23-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

The Reason for Shazam!'s Exclamation Point, Revealed - https://www.cbr.com/shazam-reveal-se...pion-king-kid/
    Although more than likely "King Kid" is not what he says he is.

The full Mr. Mind page...

So apparently he is no longer alien, but supernatural, from the "wildlands" and ate his way through several spell books, absorbing their knowledge and power? LOL!

He also currently resides in Sivana's head.

Issue #2 felt way to short.
    Also no back up this time, instead a sneak peak of the (already out) Wonder Twins book.
    This was great. Fun stuff. It did feel short but there was still plenty of stuff going on. Lore-building stuff, consequential fallout of Billy's dad showing up, hints at lots of things to come. I mean Monsterland has to factor into a Monster Society of Evil, yeah? And Wildland with all the classic Marvel Animals.

I figure Mister Mind being a bookworm from Wildland, if it precludes him being specifically "space alien" in nature, doesn't at least take away any connections he might have to outer space shenanigans in the past. It's big wild magic stuff with thousands of years of history so previous SHAZAM champions might have banished him to Venus at some point. (There's all that Golden Age Wonder Woman stuff too where like, different Greek Gods were always holed up on different planets. Hard to always reconcile a lot of that stuff in a shared universe with like ... "Was Mars on Mars when Martian Manhunter was on Mars?" and all that. Anyway it's a big solar system ... and a huge universe ... so who says Mind didn't ... you know ... colonize Venus with evil magical intent. I like it when stuff gets all incorporated like that.

Art continues to be fantastic.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

We've seen the Wildlands in the solicit for issue 4. It looks like a world of Victorian animal people. So, basically classic Mr. Tawky Tawny, all dressed up to the nines and just going about their business.

Not too crazy about Mr. Mind's new origin, but this is about building up the primary Earth's Captain Marvel. For that classic stuff, it's always on Earth-5, even if we do lose a bit of that interconnectivity like Abin Sur helping stop the Mr. Minds from invading in the '50s.

So my theory is that Billys father could reveal that Mary is his biological sister.There are some hints in the last issue and the few years ago new 52 run!

Loved the new origin for Mr. Mind. He’s kind of a ridiculous character on the surface but the new magical origin makes so much sense. Him starting off as a minor or meek character (a book worm) in one of the mystical lands and growing in power by eating magic spell books after feeling he’d been wronged works so well with the fantasy world Johns is creating.

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    There are some hints in the last issue
    I'm up on the few potential the hints throughout the 52relaunch- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3866393

What did you pick up on in this last issue?
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-01-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Loved the new origin for Mr. Mind. He’s kind of a ridiculous character on the surface but the new magical origin makes so much sense. Him starting off as a minor or meek character (a book worm) in one of the mystical lands and growing in power by eating magic spell books after feeling he’d been wronged works so well with the fantasy world Johns is creating.

Yes ^ this is freakin hysterical.
    I wish there was a way they could have held off revealing he was actually in Sivana's head for a while though, like just placed him in a dank nondescript tunnel, that you don't know where it is.
    And for a stretch of time, have Sivan just hearing the voice, not knowing from where it comes.
    Although not sure if that would have been possible to pull off? LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-23-2019 at 05:46 PM.

I up on the few potential the hints throughout the 52relaunch- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3866393

What did you pick up on in this last issue?
    There were panels where they argued like real twins and in general you get that feeling when they speak to each other!

RCO011.jpg RCO012_w.jpg

There were panels where they argued like real twins and in general you get that feeling when they speak to each other!

RCO011.jpg RCO012_w.jpg
    Definitely get that feeling too, I do hope that turns out to be the case.

Fantastic Member

So my theory is that Billys father could reveal that Mary is his biological sister.There are some hints in the last issue and the few years ago new 52 run!
    But, if they were actual siblings, wouldn't they remember each other? I guess they must have been very young when they were separated.