Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont think Shazam has to worry too much about Carol's film. I mean, Endgame hits a couple weeks after Shazam. Billy will have a little bit of time to nab headlines and then he'll be buried and forgotten under the weight of the biggest Avengers film yet.

But beyond that....man, I am all over that Reis variant cover! And I'm very much enjoying the new title. And the movie looks like it might be a lot of fun. So I feel like Billy is actually in a really good place, even if his film is going to be squished between a Marvel property that uses his old name and an Avengers film with more hype than god behind it.
    seeing it from your point of view, makes a lot of sense. I forgot the Avengers film.
    However I can never understand how DC have the best characters and they can't even get close to marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

!

I used to love getting up on Saturday mornings in the 70's and watching Shazam/Isis! DC absolutely should bring her back. I know there was an homage to her that was with Black Adam but I'd like to see the true ISIS return. I don't think she's a DC property though, so I'm not sure if that's possible.
    For those unaware, there was another ISIS from Bluewater Comics (which started with Image Comics):
    legendofisis.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I know there was an homage to her that was with Black Adam but I'd like to see the true ISIS return. I don't think she's a DC property though, so I'm not sure if that's possible.
    Filmation likely owns the specific Andrea Thomas TV incarnation (which was only ever licensed by DC for the above DC ISIS comics), yet as you indicate DC has since developed their own as Zari (Adrianna) Tomaz, which is a pretty close homage, and ties her directly to the SHAZAM universe.

Not sure (other than nobody owns the name ISIS) how the Bluewater Comics incarnation got away with such close looking version, likely neither DC or Filmation found it was worth pursuing in court. Probably cause DC wants to justify the use of their own tenuous version, and Filmation (Lou Scheimer / Norm Prescott, estates) likely don't have the resources to peruse either of them. (just a guess)

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I'd like to see the true ISIS return. I don't think she's a DC property though, so I'm not sure if that's possible.
    If DC could buy outright the Filmation version, that would be great, till then I'm fine with them using and further developing the Zari (Adrianna) Tomaz incarnation. Which specifically ties her to the SHAZAM universe.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-18-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The Shazam advanced reviews keep coming, and there isn't a single bad/mixed one! Can't wait!

37,905 sales in the direct market for issue 3. 38th place in the rankings!
    https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...9/2019-02.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The Shazam advanced reviews keep coming, and there isn't a single bad/mixed one! Can't wait!
    Good to hear .

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    seeing it from your point of view, makes a lot of sense. I forgot the Avengers film.
    However I can never understand how DC have the best characters and they can't even get close to marvel.
    It's not the quality of the characters, its the people behind the scenes. Marvel has better people, more consistency, more focus, and a unifying vision. WB has none of that. Batman and Flash and Superman are all great, but even they're not powerful enough to defeat bad management.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    37,905 sales in the direct market for issue 3. 38th place in the rankings!
    https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...9/2019-02.html
    Good to see the title placing so solidly in the rankings. I've been enjoying the hell out of the book. Though honestly I expected the sales to be over 40K. On the Superman forums people have been talking about how they expected Bendis to be selling more, but looking at this....maybe we're past the Age of Bendis and Johns, where their names alone were enough to put you in the Top 10.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm looking forward to when Sivana's kids (all four of them) get introduced and magic-i-fied and if there's ever a plot twist where Mr. and Mrs. Vasquez get Shazam-ed.

Such a good title so far... With the new mythology elements being introduced, I could definitely see this title translate to an animated series easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's not the quality of the characters, its the people behind the scenes. Marvel has better people, more consistency, more focus, and a unifying vision. WB has none of that. Batman and Flash and Superman are all great, but even they're not powerful enough to defeat bad management.
    Honestly, DC ditching the shared universe template as established by Marvel may be the best thing ever for their character. No need for extended previews of the next movie's after the upcoming one you need to see to understand the second by the left on the right side of the walkway, if you see what I mean.

And, honestly, I'll take the BoP movie being made any day of the week over another Superman/Batman movies for now. The Batman may be interesting if it ditches most of the shared universe trappings, because otherwise I don't think I'll be able to forget and forgive the replacement of Batfleck. And Superman movies, if they shared anything with the tone of Cavill's Superman in Justice League would actually repulse me. I hated the character in JL, he was probably the worst thing out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, DC ditching the shared universe template as established by Marvel may be the best thing ever for their character. No need for extended previews of the next movie's after the upcoming one you need to see to understand the second by the left on the right side of the walkway, if you see what I mean.

And, honestly, I'll take the BoP movie being made any day of the week over another Superman/Batman movies for now. The Batman may be interesting if it ditches most of the shared universe trappings, because otherwise I don't think I'll be able to forget and forgive the replacement of Batfleck. And Superman movies, if they shared anything with the tone of Cavill's Superman in Justice League would actually repulse me. I hated the character in JL, he was probably the worst thing out of it.
    why did you hate Superman in JL?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Everything I've seen about SHAZAM! so far looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    why did you hate Superman in JL?
    Because he was used in a way which undermined several character arcs.

The most obvious is Flash. Somehow, it was decided, either by Snyder or Whedon, I don't know, that he wouldn't be heroic yet. Therefore, his arc wasn't to fight the Parademons, but to save the family. It was supposed to be his first real act of heroism for us the viewers, something to hook us into the character's journey. And he does just that... to be confronted with Superman saving a whole ten stories building in seconds, as if it was nothing, making the whole arc of Flash and his whole character redundant.

He did just that with Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg when it came to battling Steppenwolf (Batman being only human couldn't do much in the final battle), with particularly egregious lines ("Is this guy still bothering you?"), which gave him a very arrogant and distasteful personality to me. He wasn't heroic at all, he was an arrogant idiot showcasing his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    i'm excited for it too... even though i haven't seen any advance review yet.

Side note: I really think DC Comics should/can reclaim and work with Isis as a character in the Shazam mythology. I get the current connotation, but in the context of Shazam, Black Adam, Osiris, and the DCU in general, no one is going to get confused that she's empowered by the goddess Isis, who's been around by one name or another for millennia.

Besides Isis, I'd like to see Kid Eternity show up as a supporting character and, even though I know she's getting her own title, I'd love to see Amethyst and her book crossover with the Shazam title occasionally. To much to fun to play with there given their empowerment as characters and physical superpowers and skills fueled by magical sources.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

'Shazam' Director And Producer Returning For Sequel

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/03/18/...g-safran-date/