Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

In all fairness, this thread has been reasonably active even in between issues.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Multiversity version of the Marvel Family really should have been integrated into the main DC universe.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Eh. Thunderworld should be kept distinct from the main DCU, if only to avoid being polluted by it. That said, I would buy a Thunderworld ongoing in a heartbeat.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Bottomline he does need the classic feel to return in some capacity.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the Dagman View Post
    Sadly, Geoff Johns writes the current version of the character without any hint that he's supposed to have the wisdom of Solomon.

Wisdom doesn't have to mean that as Cap.Marvel/Shazam he suddenly has access to all new knowledge or new information [it's not that he suddenly gains encyclopedic knowledge] that's got nothing to do with it. Just that he now knows how to apply what he might already know on his own.
    That's how you keep Billy as the prime agent of his destiny and actions, "knowledge" is things Billy knows either discovered through his own clever investigating (which we know he does), or even intuits by the nature of who he is, and through the Wisdom(of Solomon) is then how he channels to apply what he knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    maybe the wisdom of Salomon superpower is just outdated. Was it in the comic by Johns?
    Johns had yet to define or lock down exactly who any definitive deities were, in fact implication seemed they went even further back, and tangentially pulled from many sources across time and all cultures, depending who was channeling the power.
    So Darla for example could just as easily pull speed and power from Mercury or from Ṣàngó (etc. look it up!) , depending who she was channeling.
    As there was implied a passing down through more "champions" and Elders then we'd known. Billy was just the latest chosen.
    But there was more to his choosing; What Billy was, was the first to be able to share the power.
    Even that the latest Wizard could not foresee. That's why he was chosen
    And like any other power "Wisdom" manifest differently depending who wields it, in Eugene, as being able to control tech.
    So it depended who was channeling it.

Billy to outsiders, and those who only read the first few chapters, to them looked like a brat, he only thought of himself, and didn't care about others.
    To the contrary, he was pushing them away for fear of attaching himself to anyone he could potentially lose again, outwardly shunning those he cared about (family).
    His "wisdom" that which the Wizard and Teth Adam could never see coming, came in the form of finally admitting and embracing what he really wanted, a new family and doing so by sharing the power with them, creating a new one.
    It had nothing to do with who he was born into, but what he did with his choice.

This goes back to the root (heart and soul) of Billy, who was always able to do this.

Last edited by Güicho; 10-07-2019 at 03:22 PM.

I did not realize Joe Bennet was gonna be on this, if this is anything like his work on Immortal Hulk this is gonna be a very messed up issue of Shazam...I mean visually at least it’s already gonna be kind of messed up because of the whole Batman who laughs thing.

https://www.cbr.com/the-infected-kin...s-kirby-atlas/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Do I sense a timeskip there? In the first panel, you see a photo of Mary and Darla, looking how they do in the main Shazam comic. The rest of it shows Mary with a different hairstyle, and when Darla Shazam shows up, her costume has sleeves, which is either a mistake or a redesign.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I did not realize Joe Bennet was gonna be on this, if this is anything like his work on Immortal Hulk this is gonna be a very messed up issue of Shazam...I mean visually at least it’s already gonna be kind of messed up because of the whole Batman who laughs thing.

https://www.cbr.com/the-infected-kin...s-kirby-atlas/
    Is that Ibac?

Poor Billy is making a comeback and gets turned into a villain...
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Do I sense a timeskip there? In the first panel, you see a photo of Mary and Darla, looking how they do in the main Shazam comic. The rest of it shows Mary with a different hairstyle, and when Darla Shazam shows up, her costume has sleeves, which is either a mistake or a redesign.
    I'd chalk it up to artistic interpretation.

BANNED

Happy Halloween!!!

Captain Marvel vs. Dracula

A GREAT pic by Gene "The Dean" Colan pencils and Tom Palmer inks.
    A piece that oozes atmosphere!
    And Gene's Cap looks TERRIFIC! -- a wonderful interpretation of the character.

So... did Billy just infect Mary? Are we getting an evil Mary along with an evil Supergirl?

If so, that must be after the events of today's Justice League issue - Mary and Freddy spot the Legion of Doom symbol in the sky, and Mary says they need to find Billy. Obviously, she did find him in the King Shazam one-shot.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I have no idea wth happened. So did Billy get infected in the Geoff Johns book?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So... did Billy just infect Mary? Are we getting an evil Mary along with an evil Supergirl?
    ...Not this again .

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I have no idea wth happened. So did Billy get infected in the Geoff Johns book?
    No, that wasn't out this week and considering the heavy delays is definitely set before the Year of the Villain stuff. Billy had the King Shazam one-shot, which explains what happened to him, and Justice League shows that he's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Not this again .
    I know what you mean, Frontier.

Nowadays, it's become so painfully heartbreaking to read about SHAZAM!