Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Looks like Alpha Centurion (Marcus Aelius) .
    Him at the helm and all the gold seem to indicate his ship.

Not sure his connection if any to the SHAZAMILY?
    thanks. so that was his space ship then. funny that he owns a space ship (unless he does a lot of space travel).

Yeah, that was part of his schtick. He was a Roman centurion abducted by aliens and now he travels space or something along those lines.

Just read SHAZAM! #3 fun issue, still liking all the fantastic world building and the setup of the realms of the Magiclands, which all officially have names.

And the curiosity of the seven thrones, there will be a struggle for power and ultimate rule over the lands.
    Billy's supposed "dad" will definitely have a role to play there. And we've learned why the Monster lands are sealed off, hints to a certain Society, means they won't stay sealed for long.

Edit love the roll call.

Continue to love the new SHAZAMILY kids, and how they play off each-other.
    Worst part though Billy and Marry are officially established as not the same age (can't be twins), while before it could have been written off, as she just acts more mature, which seemed reasonable. Now they've gone out of the way to emphasis she is 17 going on 18, he is 15/16? Now I'm even doubting they'll even discover they are legit siblings.

Honestly while I love most everything else, Johns has completley lost me here. The long lost twins is such a wonderful part of their story. Not sure why he would rob them of this great discovery, and classic element of their character arc.
    They had it before Leto & Ghanima, before Luke & Leia and before Adam & Adora LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-07-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Just read SHAZAM! #3 fun issue, still liking all the fantastic world building and the setup of the realms of the Magiclands, which all officially have names.

And the curiosity of the seven thrones, there will be a struggle for power and ultimate rule over the lands.
    Billy's supposed "dad" will definitely have a role to play there. And we've learned why the Monster lands are sealed off, hints to a certain Society, means they won't stay sealed for long.

Edit love the roll call.

Worst part though Billy and Marry are officially established as not the same age (can't be twins), while before it could have been written off, as she just acts more mature, which seemed reasonable. Now they've gone out of the way to emphasis she is 17 going on 18, he is 15/16? Now I'm even doubting they'll even discover they are legit siblings.

Honestly while I love most everything else, Johns has completley lost me here. The long lost twins is such a wonderful part of their story. Not sure why he would rob them of this great discovery, and classic element of their character arc.
    They had it before Leto & Ghanima, before Luke & Leia and before Adam & Adora LOL!
    Yeah, that's kind of disappointing to me too.

Maybe they're doing it to tie-in to the movie, where there's an age difference?

This book doesn't do movie synergy. From what I've heard about it, the movie is a perfect adaptation of the New 52 story. If Mary's older than Billy, that was Johns' intention all along.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doomsday Clock #9
    Looks like Darla isn’t changed into an adult. I kinda like the idea of her remaining a child when she uses her Shazam powers. Makes her unique.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    A little too much, if you ask me. Too much like Marvel for my tastes.
    Yeah, I have a hard time thinking that I'll feel any dramatic weight in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The Official Captain Sparkle Fingers! Trailer 2

LOL really looks fun!
    A little too much, if you ask me.
    Too much like Marvel for my tastes.
    What does that even mean? To much fun?
    Marvel didn't invent that. Do people have such a tiny frame of reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah, I have a hard time thinking that I'll feel any dramatic weight in this one.
    Yeah this is mostly the fun/magic of kids discovering powers. Not sure they need to get in any grim or heavy drama.
    At most it's in the orphan getting a family (finally feeling he belongs), and changing the nature of the power to reflect that (sharing). etc.
    While Sivana who also wants power to bring his family back, is unable to do that, and unleashes something darker, - Deadly Sins. Over all though this is clearly pretty light fair.

---------------
    https://www.cbr.com/shazam-family-re...-dr-manhattan/

LOL Freddy!

Last edited by Güicho; 03-08-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Looks like Darla isn’t changed into an adult. I kinda like the idea of her remaining a child when she uses her Shazam powers. Makes her unique.
    She does change. However, as she's the youngest of the kids, even her Shazam form looks like a teenager.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Edit love the roll call.

You know even if they are revealed as biological siblings it would be better that being foster siblings because of the connection!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The reactions to Shazam! screening were overwhelmingly positive! Most are raving about the movie, not only fans, but critics too. I'm so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The reactions to Shazam! screening were overwhelmingly positive! Most are raving about the movie, not only fans, but critics too. I'm so happy!
    After seeing Captain Marvel, Shazam doesn't have to work to hard to beat that boring movie.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Finally got around to picking up my comics. Shazam #3 was at the top of my reading list and boy it did not disappoint! It's so refreshing to have a book that is light hearted and fun and Johns is doing a great job with this title. I originally didn't know if I would like the Shazam family but I LOVE them! Can't wait for issue 4!

Also, with each new trailer I am grow more excited about this film!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After seeing Captain Marvel, Shazam doesn't have to work to hard to beat that boring movie.
    doesn't seem from the box office numbers that it will be that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    doesn't seem from the box office numbers that it will be that easy.
    I'm sure the numbers will be high opening weekend but it's not a movie I expect most would want to see twice.

At most it's a average movie.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.