Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

SHAZAM!, is a call to action for Billy Batson to let loose...

Captain Marvel!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After seeing Captain Marvel, Shazam doesn't have to work to hard to beat that boring movie.
    Without comparing the two yet, of course; yes, CM was below average, imo. About the same level as the first Thor, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Without comparing the two yet, of course; yes, CM was below average, imo. About the same level as the first Thor, for example.
    Agreed. If done right, Shazam could be the sleeper hit of the year.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Agreed. If done right, Shazam could be the sleeper hit of the year.
    Honestly, I'm very confident. And so is WB. I don't remember the last time, specially concerning super hero movies, I've seen a studio lifting the embargo for reviews almost a month before the movie is released! That's confidence in their product.

The thing with the superhero movies is, Marvel's worst films are still usually decent. DC on the other hand have been very hit and miss. Wonder Woman was well liked, Justice League not so much. Green Lantern was so bad that his film, meant to start the current movie verse, ended up ignored, causing GL to be absent from the JL film. It looks like Shazam will be on the WW end of the scale, thank goodness.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The thing with the superhero movies is, Marvel's worst films are still usually decent. DC on the other hand have been very hit and miss. Wonder Woman was well liked, Justice League not so much. Green Lantern was so bad that his film, meant to start the current movie verse, ended up ignored, causing GL to be absent from the JL film. It looks like Shazam will be on the WW end of the scale, thank goodness.
    I believe we have to wait and see with Shazam, it is the audiences that have the final say, despite what reviews say.
    As a matter of fact Reviews for Aquaman weren't as good as for WW, it became the biggest DCEU movie ever.

BANNED

The Comics History Of Captain Marvel Part 3

Need a quick catch up on things. Is the captain marvel still powered by the six new gods? If so,have they gone into detail in terms of what he can do under their influence? That source wall manipulation by yuga khan sounded very open ended and potent.

No, as far as I can tell, he lost this connection at the end of Darkseid War and now has his normal powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    No, as far as I can tell, he lost this connection at the end of Darkseid War and now has his normal powers.
    I thought the darkseid war was the reason he lost the original connection? So he has the same old gods as before solomon,zeus,achillies,atlas,mercury,hercules?

Shame,the new gods sounded interesting.

I think it went this way : Darkseid dies at the hand of the Anti-Monitor and it rip the normal powers out of Shazam. He then become the God of Gods and has the new powers, which he uses to fight Mobius. Then Grail suck them out to recreate Darkseid, using Lex Luthor's son from Earth 3 (Mazahs II) to do so. Then, somehow, Billy got his original powers back.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    I thought the darkseid war was the reason he lost the original connection? So he has the same old gods as before solomon,zeus,achillies,atlas,mercury,hercules?

Shame,the new gods sounded interesting.
    Agreed, but I want confirmation within the Shazam series though, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think it went this way : Darkseid dies at the hand of the Anti-Monitor and it rip the normal powers out of Shazam. He then become the God of Gods and has the new powers, which he uses to fight Mobius. Then Grail suck them out to recreate Darkseid, using Lex Luthor's son from Earth 3 (Mazahs II) to do so. Then, somehow, Billy got his original powers back.
    The New gods do sound interesting.

Still, I’m fine with the originals back.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

I need a second opinion on the new SHazam book.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Abr...1-0)/JAN191421

A good get?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.