Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

SHAZAM! is a call to action for Billy Batson to let loose.. CAPTAIN MARVEL!!!

Captain Marvel meets Billy Batson!

I was actually liking the new 52 version, hooded cape and also the progression to the new gods since it showed him capable of so much more. Oh well,maybe it will be revisited at another time.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Captain Marvel meets Billy Batson!
    Time travel shenanigans?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SHAZAM! #7
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    variant cover by IVAN REIS
    and OCLAIR ALBERT
    “Shazam and the Seven Magiclands” continues as the shocking new member
    of the Shazam family is revealed! This mystery person will send shock waves through the entire cast!
    ON SALE 06.19.19
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Time travel shenanigans?
    Could be, but back then I think Captain Marvel was actually a distinct personality from Billy, so there are probably a bunch of different ways they could have pulled a story like this off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

SHAZAM! #7
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    variant cover by IVAN REIS
    and OCLAIR ALBERT
    “Shazam and the Seven Magiclands” continues as the shocking new member
    of the Shazam family is revealed! This mystery person will send shock waves through the entire cast!
    ON SALE 06.19.19
    Tawny? Uncle Dudley? Someone from Adam's "Family?" (Isis? Amon?).

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    The New gods do sound interesting.

Still, I’m fine with the originals back.
    Yeah, I hated the New Gods concept.

First of all... I hate the new gods property. Darksied as the biggest baddest villain is the only thing from that franchise I like. Everything else I couldn't care less about. So tying Shazam to New Gods is lame to me.

Secondly, those new gods didn't really mean anything to me and don't mean things to the casual reader. When you say 'Strength of Hercules' and 'Speed of Mercury' or 'Stamina of Atlas'... those are INSTANT benchmarks to anyone with even a passing familiarity of greek/roman myths... or television... It lists his powers right there in familiar terms and I like that a lot. Granted Power of Zeus was always a little iffy since he was never a lightning thrower... pre-kingdom come, but It's still very visual descriptions.

If they wanted to go obscure powers/gods for other Marvels I would be fine with it. Mary Marvel and Black Adam both had different gods in the past... but for the frontliner of the franchise... let's keep things new reader friendly.

Spectacular Member

I hope the new family member is Kid eternity

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Apologies but i was talking about the recently release CM by Chipp Kidd.
    Well in that case, it most certainly is a good get. You can never go wrong with Chip Kidd. He always puts out the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Well in that case, it most certainly is a good get. You can never go wrong with Chip Kidd. He always puts out the goods.
    Sweet. Bought and afterwards will jump into Johns run.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sweet. Bought and afterwards will jump into Johns run.
    Have a wonderful time, my friend. Hope to read your thoughts soon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, I hated the New Gods concept.

First of all... I hate the new gods property. Darksied as the biggest baddest villain is the only thing from that franchise I like. Everything else I couldn't care less about. So tying Shazam to New Gods is lame to me.

Secondly, those new gods didn't really mean anything to me and don't mean things to the casual reader. When you say 'Strength of Hercules' and 'Speed of Mercury' or 'Stamina of Atlas'... those are INSTANT benchmarks to anyone with even a passing familiarity of greek/roman myths... or television... It lists his powers right there in familiar terms and I like that a lot. Granted Power of Zeus was always a little iffy since he was never a lightning thrower... pre-kingdom come, but It's still very visual descriptions.

If they wanted to go obscure powers/gods for other Marvels I would be fine with it. Mary Marvel and Black Adam both had different gods in the past... but for the frontliner of the franchise... let's keep things new reader friendly.
    Problem is that you have an obvious conflict with whatever is going on with the Wonder Woman book.

I'd rather have a clean break, by trying something new, than be be at the whim of another book, hence why I support the new pantheon (and btw, only two characters of the new sextet are related to the New Gods). Besides, Earth-5 will always have the classic Marvel Family and power-set, so...yeah.

a 40 million opening is projected for Shazam

I need a second opinion on the new SHazam book.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Abr...1-0)/JAN191421

A good get?
    Apologies but i was talking about the recently release CM by Chipp Kidd.
    Oh LOL, you said The "new Shazam book" , thought you were talking about the new ongoing, and didn't check the link. My bad!

Haven't looked at it yet.
    This was announced pretty much at the same time as the solicitation (and just as quick cancellation) of the the classic reprints of the Captain Marvel: Monster Society of Evil, arc. If something to replace that is what you were looking for this is definitely not it.

Great review although in Spanish, he cycles pretty much through the whole book.

Some elements he narrates:
    - This (if you are familiar other Chip Kidd books) isn't Golden Age stories reprints books, or a straight history of Captain marvel, it's emphasis is more the merchandise, ephemera, and somewhat pop culture presence of the Golden Age Captain Marvel, which is another place where he was outperforming DC's Superman.
    - Mostly (high quality) photos and facsimiles / reproductions of some of those items.
    - Fan club ephemera, and fan letters
    - LOL not sure if it's Chip Kidd's opinion, or the reviewers, still one of the most charming things I ever heard; he rationalizes part of the popular appeal is that a whole family could celebrate the character, if as a kid you had a sister they could be Mary Marvel, and a little brother, they could be Cap Jr, and a family pet there was Hoppy.
    - Some of the photographed collection comes from merch that came from Cuba.
    - An Inter company marketing pitch or manual for one of the product gimmicks.
    - Impact even on Captain America
    - the presence of Spy Smasher, described at the time to Captain Marvel as Batman was to Superman's world's Finest, yet today is mostly forgotten.
    - Book ends with a bit of a sad note, as the last chapter discuses and contains some actual transcripts of the trial.

I'll echo that people should take a second look at Spy Smasher as Fawcett's Batman, was to Superman pairing in world's Finest, and particularly the Spy Smasher Movie serial, which is one of the best of the time.
    Sadly DC like with much of the rest of the rich Fawcett universe, have neglected this character.

Spy Smasher Chapter 01 -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpDl...LZ_-ISD9q7Onu7
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-16-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tawny? Uncle Dudley? Someone from Adam's "Family?" (Isis? Amon?).
    Honestly, I think it's the family pet rabbit. Look at the backups in issue 1.