Page 184 of 272 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Haven't seen the spoilers in their entirety, so I don't know the context, but I like it when my favorite heroes **** up big from time to time.
    Agree with the above which is why I welcomed the prison and shooting Black mask. Development isn't just one way and growth comes from failure and **** ups. It just feels like Damian has been doing nothing but Fucking up.

The Jail
    accusing jason with no proof
    Strapping a bomb to himself and threatening to blow himself up WTF
    accusing jason with no proof again
    no caring about Alfred's being in danger in the last Batman issue

4 out of those 5 **** ups are also extremely out of character

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Agree with the above which is why I welcomed the prison and shooting Black mask. Development isn't just one way and growth comes from failure and **** ups. It just feels like Damian has been doing nothing but Fucking up.

The Jail
    accusing jason with no proof
    Strapping a bomb to himself and threatening to blow himself up WTF
    accusing jason with no proof again
    no caring about Alfred's being in danger in the last Batman issue

4 out of those 5 **** ups are also extremely out of character
    Isn't he also the reason Wally had a pacemaker for a while xD

This isn’t ultimately Damian’s fault. It’s a Sofie’s choice.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-20-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Except it hasn't really been from time to time in Damian's case. Since Rebirth started, the only title he hasn't royally fucked up in is Super Sons xD
    That and the Arkham Knight arc in Tomasi's Tec had him as a competent hero and partner to Bruce.

The secret prison in Teen Titans was an idea that had to go wrong.
    He accused Jason of betraying him with not enough evidence for his
    claims and got beaten up by him pretty badly in the same book.

Bendis made Damian accuse Jason as the person behind Leviathan (without Bendis coming up with any good explanation how Damian came to that conclusion, but Bruce goes along with that theory anyway. Why?) and he is most certainly wrong.

And now whatever that is going to be.

There is making a character lose from time to time so we know they can still fail and then there is throwing a character under the bus over and over again.

Just watched Lego Batman Family Matters. Enjoyed it a bunch. Damian was a cross between RobinDick and Damian which wasn't a problem everyone was a tad perky so didn't mind Damian being extra perky. It is a kids movie after all

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Just watched Lego Batman Family Matters. Enjoyed it a bunch. Damian was a cross between RobinDick and Damian which wasn't a problem everyone was a tad perky so didn't mind Damian being extra perky. It is a kids movie after all
    I enjoyed it a lot too. Damian in it reminded me of Damian in Tec

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This isn’t ultimately Damian’s fault. It’s a Sofie’s choice.
    At the end of the day it's the fault of Bane and Thomas for being villains.
    It just irks me that a) King sees the rest of the batfamily only as angst-fodder and nothing else for his mediocre run and b) Dick got shot in the head. Definitely not his fault, he did nothing wrong. Tim got punched in the face, because he tried to be nice. Not his fault. Damian? Yeah, let's just make this child think he's responsible for Alfred, basically his grandfather, getting his neck snapped. He hasn't enough on his conscience already apparently.

Jesus Christ. I seriously hope this run ends soon. I seriously, seriously want it to end. King only writes "well-written" characters when everything is up in the air and everything's ambigous. Characters with strong personalities? Don't think so. Damian killing Nobody? Sick, I admit, but ultimately in character. Turning supposedly evil in Beyond? Again, a possible route for his character and one that is backed up by a coherent backstory in universe. This? This sick, twisted writing? Nope. The latter part of King's run will probably do a Zero Hour and be forgotten, hopefully. Can't wait til I forget about it entirely either way

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    SOOOO Damian saves a citizen and his pet from getting killed by scarecrow and zsasz. Find Thomas Wayne Batman. Thomas initially tries to reason with him. Damian(I'm trying to be unbias here but...) acts all arrogant and throws the usual verbal insults. Thomas tells Damian that Alfred suggested the bat fam not come for fear of his life so that Damian wouldn't try to invade and get himself killed. Thomas outclasses him and it sounds like he really didn't wanna fight Damian. Damian still with the verbal banter, Thomas puts him down hard with 2 kicks. Damian knocked out is tied up in a chair. Alfred is talking in the background, pleading that Bane doesn't kill him in front of the boy. Thomas is also regretful of this outcome, but it is not his city, it is the city of Bane and Bane snaps Alfred's neck. Damian is crying and Thomas tries to sympathize with him, but tells him now that Damian is the hostage replacing Alfred. And Thomas ends it off hoping that the Bat fam wont be as childish as Damian was and makes the same mistake.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    spoilers:
    SOOOO Damian saves a citizen and his pet from getting killed by scarecrow and zsasz. Find Thomas Wayne Batman. Thomas initially tries to reason with him. Damian(I'm trying to be unbias here but...) acts all arrogant and throws the usual verbal insults. Thomas tells Damian that Alfred suggested the bat fam not come for fear of his life so that Damian wouldn't try to invade and get himself killed. Thomas outclasses him and it sounds like he really didn't wanna fight Damian. Damian still with the verbal banter, Thomas puts him down hard with 2 kicks. Damian knocked out is tied up in a chair. Alfred is talking in the background, pleading that Bane doesn't kill him in front of the boy. Thomas is also regretful of this outcome, but it is not his city, it is the city of Bane and Bane snaps Alfred's neck. Damian is crying and Thomas tries to sympathize with him, but tells him now that Damian is the hostage replacing Alfred. And Thomas ends it off hoping that the Bat fam wont be as childish as Damian was and makes the same mistake.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the breakdown i dropped Batman a while back and wasn't planning on picking this up but was curious anyway.

Thomas isn't the best judge or the best at making decisions so I'm guessing the wise move is not to listen to him anyway.

Incredible Member

I'm tired of dc trying to sell their books with controversy and shock value. I have no plans to pick up any of King's issues.
    Last edited by Ansa; 08-21-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Incredible Member

The new TT wasn't better either.

spoilers:
    The whole team minus Emiko now decides that with D'Jinn's power, they will "fix"(mind mess up) super villains and give them new civilian identities and monitor them. Example: Brother Blood is a gardener now
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 08-20-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Incredible Member

Screw DC, I'm not buying anything anymore, except for maybe detective comics. Sorry if I sound salty, but DC isn't for me anymore. Not if they pull crap like this every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    The new TT wasn't better either.

spoilers:
    The whole team minus Emiko now decides that with D'Jinn's power, they will "fix"(mind mess up) super villains and give them new civilian identities and monitor them. Example: Brother Blood is a gardener now
    end of spoilers
    WHAT! I said Djinn was evil no way is Damian that persuasive.

The plan will fail since we know Black mask is fine
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-21-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Screw DC, I'm not buying anything anymore, except for maybe detective comics. Sorry if I sound salty, but DC isn't for me anymore. Not if they pull crap like this every few weeks.
    Don't blame you after Ric my enthusiasm is out the window. so much so that i forgot TT was also out today