Page 223 of 272 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4078

I hope DC don't see Djinn, Crush and Roundhouse as a package deal.

I think Djinn and Crush could have a future if they aren't abandoned. But im not sure about Roundhouse.

Fantastic Member

It is kinda hard to explain why I like this run so much. I know some people don't care for it but I will try to explain. Teen Titans often goes in the direction of the DC Universe and the leader of the team. I know some people don't like the team having these shades of gray and making these at times morally questionable decisions but I do. Because after the events of No Justice that's the direction a lot of these characters went. Damian wants to stop something like crime completely without killing. Something that is a remarkably hard task and has no easy answers. It may not even be possible without doing some questionable things.

Also, because of his background Damian will always struggle with what line do you cross when being a hero? Combine that with the events of No Justice and characters who have similar wants for redemption and grey morality and you get this run. I never thought of this run as making Damian look bad I just viewed these things as what would naturally occur if any hero in the DC Universe attempted to stop crime completely without the use of killing. We have seen this same situation occur within the Justice League with the Omac Project and Identity Crisis. Also, the Justice League animated cartoon deals with similar issues. Damian and his team are just learning these lessons early and like the Justice league they will only become better by hurting and possibly losing one of their own.

I appreciate this run a lot more than when it started, and i definitely understand what Glass is going for here....but, much like Damian's prison, the execution hasn't been great st times. It's a very well written series, I'll give him that. And I don't...dislike it...anymore...but I'm mostly only reading out of obligation to my favorite team and my favorite Robin. The only Teen Titans run that ever got so bad that I dropped it was the New 52 one.

This run raises a lot of moral dilemmas that should come with being a hero and Damian is, admittedly, a good vehicle to push that message with...but, I dunno. What makes for an interesting story for me doesn't always make an enjoyable one as well. This just... isn't what I want from a Teen Titans book. I think the live action show has been the only time that the "darker and edgier" approach to the Teen Titans has really worked for me.

It also doesn't help that every single move Damian has made, even in his last team, has always been presented as the wrong one. Even in times where I agreed with what he was doing (firing Wallace and the prison) it still comes at the cost of either the team shitting on him or the writers setting his decisions up to bite him the ass. No matter how hard he's tried, something is always his fault. And I'm getting just as tired of it has he probably is. Though for me, it's more out of boredom than frustration. I miss the Damian we had immediately after he was brought back from the dead. Still him, but in a much better place, finally knowing right from wrong, and getting better at not cutting himself off from people.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-16-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I appreciate this run a lot more than when it started, and i definitely understand what Glass is going for here....but, much like Damian's prison, the execution hasn't been great st times. It's a very well written series, I'll give him that. And I don't...dislike it...anymore...but I'm mostly only reading out of obligation to my favorite team and my favorite Robin. The only Teen Titans run that ever got so bad that I dropped it was the New 52 one.

This run raises a lot of moral dilemmas that should come with being a hero and Damian is, admittedly, a good vehicle to push that message with...but, I dunno. What makes for an interesting story for me doesn't always make an enjoyable one as well. This just... isn't what I want from a Teen Titans book. I think the live action show has been the only time that the "darker and edgier" approach to the Teen Titans has really worked for me.

It also doesn't help that every single move Damian has made, even in his last team, has always been presented as the wrong one. Even in times where I agreed with what he was doing (firing Wallace and the prison) it still comes at the cost of either the team shitting on him or the writers setting his decisions up to bite him the ass. No matter how hard he's tried, something is always his fault. And I'm getting just as tired of it has he probably is. Though for me, it's more out of boredom than frustration. I miss the Damian we had immediately after he was brought back from the dead. Still him, but in a much better place, finally knowing right from wrong, and getting better at not cutting himself off from people.
    I think we could get that Damian back. I think the execution could be better but, I think Damian is moving back towards that direction. While, I know Damian's forgiveness of Roundhouse's actions came at a strange time in the storytelling. He realized he was wrong but, also did not hold a grudge at Roundhouse for his actions against him and saw that he had a point. That's something that rather surprised me when reading. Also, he did not attack Roundhouse for his actions to Djinn but immediately focus on finding a solution. Do, I like these moments yes, but I think one problem with Glass' run because he is trying to make every issue count is pacing. Sometimes it works well but, this time Damian being forgiving could have waited.

Incredible Member

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of Tim and Damian arguing in Batman issue 76 was?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the purpose of Tim and Damian arguing in Batman issue 76 was?
    I'm guessing cause their conversation was so close to Gotham it was too fool Gotham Girl? Like so they thought Damian was acting on his own accord.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'm guessing cause their conversation was so close to Gotham it was too fool Gotham Girl? Like so they thought Damian was acting on his own accord.
    That was my only guess as well, but what would that accomplish? Damian is already known to be reckless and well...he's thirteen, I don't think Gotham Girl needed an explanation for Damian coming to Gotham. He could have just run in screamig he would save Alfred on his own and most people would have bought it.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I'm still hoping the thrashing Crush gave him will kill him. Unlikely but let a man have hope xD

He might as well die. If he's off this team I doubt we'll be seeing him in any other books.
    Kid flash will blame Damian team
    Over

Extraordinary Member

Ugggh. So today's Teen Titans marks the absolute dumbest thing Damian has ever done...

spoilers:
    and it MIGHT have cost us Djinn.

So everyone guessing Damian was responsible for the death of Billy's sister was right. Literally blew up a building just to catch Scarecrow. Billy and Claire got caught in the crossfire.

Billy made some pretty valid points about everything Damian's been doing up until now having been the exact opposite of heroic. It pained me to agree with him but when you're right, you're right.

The other Titans start to calm him down and that's when Damian, after everything Billy just got done saying, had the audacity to open his mouth and say "I can forgive you". Like....REALLY? You're all in this situation because you miscalculated and killed the boy's sister....and he's the one who should be asking for forgiveness!?

So, rightfully, Billy freaks out...but then, in a fit of rage, he orders Djinn to go inside of her ring and never come out. Crush breaks out of her chains and almost kills Billy. Then she runs off and gets caught by her Dad.

*Sigh* This whole run is just....wow. Is every post-New 52 story outside of Super Sons just a contest to see how bad a writer can make Damian look?
    end of spoilers

so I have thought about this some more, and I don't blame damian
    this is somthing, every superhero goes through, it was an accident and he should only learn from it, it wasn't reckless, he did check the perimeter.
    as for billy roundhouse, if the end all goal of this plan was to just expose damian he could have done so at any point, he didn't need to do all this. Did he want a tearful sorry out of him, they would have been fear toxin gassed if Damian, had not blown up the building, so the only difference is billy lived.

I know he aint gonna die but having seen this storyline from a major marvel movie 3 years ago, truly weakens any impact it could have. In fact wasnt it in the reign of superman too.

I mean I'm sorry people but if you play this superhero game long enough, your gonna get into a situation where you can't save everyone and you don't save everyone you do what you can
    I know we predicted most of this but jeez its painful to read, i just cant wait to get past this obligatory drama bs so we can go back to solving mysteries beating bad guys and having fun, like the tt are suppose to

I hope they don't kick RoundHouse out. I'm doubt that he'll want to carry on working with them especially Damian but I'd rather they don't push him out.

He handled this the wrong way but they've messed up and people have to be given a chance to change/do better.

I mean case in point Damian. If he people around him gave up on him every time he messed up where would he be? Same with Batman and pretty much most heroes.

Roundhouse pissed me off this issue but I also get where his coming from. Sometimes you need someone to blame.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    this is somthing, every superhero goes through, it was an accident and he should only learn from it, it wasn't reckless, he did check the perimeter.
    as for billy roundhouse, if the end all goal of this plan was to just expose damian he could have done so at any point, he didn't need to do all this. Did he want a tearful sorry out of him, they would have been fear toxin gassed if Damian, had not blown up the building, so the only difference is billy lived.

I know he aint gonna die but having seen this storyline from a major marvel movie 3 years ago, truly weakens any impact it could have. In fact wasnt it in the reign of superman too.

I mean I'm sorry people but if you play this superhero game long enough, your gonna get into a situation where you can't save everyone and you don't save everyone you do what you can
    I know we predicted most of this but jeez its painful to read, i just cant wait to get past this obligatory drama bs so we can go back to solving mysteries beating bad guys and having fun, like the tt are suppose to

They will get better. That's the thing Teen Titans they have hit rock bottom in runs before they get themselves together. As my sister put it if they knew what they were doing the vast majority of the time they would be the Justice League. The majority of Teen Titans runs start with them making stupid mistakes. Dick and Tim's generation went through similar growing pains to become the team's they are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    It is kinda hard to explain why I like this run so much. I know some people don't care for it but I will try to explain. Teen Titans often goes in the direction of the DC Universe and the leader of the team. I know some people don't like the team having these shades of gray and making these at times morally questionable decisions but I do. Because after the events of No Justice that's the direction a lot of these characters went. Damian wants to stop something like crime completely without killing. Something that is a remarkably hard task and has no easy answers. It may not even be possible without doing some questionable things.

Also, because of his background Damian will always struggle with what line do you cross when being a hero? Combine that with the events of No Justice and characters who have similar wants for redemption and grey morality and you get this run. I never thought of this run as making Damian look bad I just viewed these things as what would naturally occur if any hero in the DC Universe attempted to stop crime completely without the use of killing. We have seen this same situation occur within the Justice League with the Omac Project and Identity Crisis. Also, the Justice League animated cartoon deals with similar issues. Damian and his team are just learning these lessons early and like the Justice league they will only become better by hurting and possibly losing one of their own.

Agree with all you guys. Pretty much covers how I feel about this run and this issue.

I never had a problem with the Prison [the brainwashing I had issues with] but I understood that Damian was at his limit after watching that Planet die so he went for extreme measures.

His choices were wrong but I was fine with him taking that path as long it's interesting and he learns and grows at the end of it.

Glass though has big problems with his story telling. A lot of thing's just happen without explanation. I would expect that since this is about Damian making these huge ethical decisions and such huge change in MO we would get more insight into what's going on in his head. Some scenes that show the turmoil or his thoughts on the actions he's taking and how it's affecting the team. How/why did he decide on a prison? Did he consider other options? How is his mental state?

We could have had some pages of Damian and Emiko talking just to let us into how he's feeling and how we got here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I hope DC don't see Djinn, Crush and Roundhouse as a package deal.

I think Djinn and Crush could have a future if they aren't abandoned. But im not sure about Roundhouse.
    I don't think most writers do. Crush as already appeared in comics outside of Teen Titans. It was the Love in Space collection of short stories for Valentine's Day if I remember correctly. Djinn and Crush because of their designs and backstories they have a lot you can do with them. Roundhouse not so much at the moment. Any character can have staying power with a good pitch.

Batman 81 I wish I hadn't paid for since the best panels were already covered in the preview. Damian's response to Thomas and Bruce's communication with fists training that he drills into his kids.

Bruce is an abuser and I'm sick and tried of fans on social media squawking about how he would never hit his kids when he punched Tim. He does and now it's canon.

I've never liked Bruce laying hands on his kids and worse how no one ever addresses it. This issue, King didn't address it but he at least had Bruce out himself with his damning words

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    They will get better. That's the thing Teen Titans they have hit rock bottom in runs before they get themselves together. As my sister put it if they knew what they were doing the vast majority of the time they would be the Justice League. The majority of Teen Titans runs start with them making stupid mistakes. Dick and Tim's generation went through similar growing pains to become the team's they are today.
    The justice league doesnt know what their doing, they do the same thing, mind wiping villiain and resetting them to be good people

Thats Donna troy right now, that her backstory, and in her case it works so why not do it