Page 108 of 272 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    My kids would love it too. My daughter already watches the DCSHG and the Supersons are bedtime reading in our house so a big yes from me.
    Honestly, its a mystery why a Super Sons cartoon hasn't been greenlit yet. Either on Cartoon Network or on DCU, it would be a good series for kids to go along with some of the other, older, cartoons on there. What's more, there's even basis for supporting cast in Maya, Kathy, and others. And on occasion, bring in the Bizarro Boys as, not villain exactly, but as annoying helpers. The glum Bizzaro Boy and charming Rob-zaro. So much potential there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, its a mystery why a Super Sons cartoon hasn't been greenlit yet. Either on Cartoon Network or on DCU, it would be a good series for kids to go along with some of the other, older, cartoons on there. What's more, there's even basis for supporting cast in Maya, Kathy, and others. And on occasion, bring in the Bizarro Boys as, not villain exactly, but as annoying helpers. The glum Bizzaro Boy and charming Rob-zaro. So much potential there!
    Lets face it's not the 1st good idea DC has napped on.

I keep wondering why They didn't have Tomasi write the Supersons Zoom title? I know he has other projects and a book he's currently promoting but he would have been my 1st choice. Though I guess Pearson is a well known and popular writer for that market where comic writers are not known. That is the only reason I can come up with for such a decision.

I also wonder why after the success of Death of Superman they didn't have him write Reign? The drop in quality shows.

I hope they get something in development for the Supersons in outside media. A series preferably.

Extraordinary Member

I keep wondering why They didn't have Tomasi write the Supersons Zoom title?
    I guess Ridley Pearson might be better know by the general audience, he seems to be a somewhat successful writer of children books.

I have to admit that I don't know any of the INC and ZOOM writers (including Pearson), but a lot of the ZOOM writers seem to be YA-Novel writers, so maybe DC is trying to hire writers that are already know by the intended target demographic, instead of relatively unknown comic book writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I guess Ridley Pearson might be better know by the general audience, he seems to be a somewhat successful writer of children books.

I have to admit that I don't know any of the INC and ZOOM writers (including Pearson), but a lot of the ZOOM writers seem to be YA-Novel writers, so maybe DC is trying to hire writers that are already know by the intended target demographic, instead of relatively unknown comic book writers.
    Pretty much my thoughts too. As a parent kids and parents do develop a fondness for particular YA creators and anticipate their next work so there might be some merit to it but it's a case of sacrificing the quality for profit.

As a family we enjoyed the original Supersons. Bought the books including the Omnibus. Have the official merchandise. My daughter has a ton of unofficial merchandise including Jon Kent's jacket [I notice DC doesn't have a lot of licensed clothing available in the UK not sure about the US]

My kids don't love the Zoom version enough to warrant buying their merch/action figures if they ever make any so it might be a case of short term profits , long term stupidity on DC's part.

Grant Morrison had an aMA on Reddit yesterday [along with the star of Happy and on the subject of Happy and Magic]

Of course Damian came up. Morrison said he expected Damian to be popular but also intended for him to die since he didn't want to mess up future writers plans. Readers liked him so he's still around.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian and Bruce

Damian and selina lobby for a new Cat

http://paunchsalazar.tumblr.com

Grant Morrison had an aMA on Reddit yesterday [along with the star of Happy and on the subject of Happy and Magic]

Of course Damian came up. Morrison said he expected Damian to be popular but also intended for him to die since he didn't want to mess up future writers plans. Readers liked him so he's still around.
    Good man putting his toy's back and the box. I wish more writers would be more considerate when changing things.

I guess Damian being the baby, in the role for a long time and in certain types of books would explain why he has a large female and kid following. Tomasi also said that kids come up to him and say "that's how I am with my dad".

And some fans like us to believe Damian is not relatable.

Putting the toy's back. but we always knew he intended to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I guess Damian being the baby, in the role for a long time and in certain types of books would explain why he has a large female and kid following. Tomasi also said that kids come up to him and say "that's how I am with my dad".

And some fans like us to believe Damian is not relatable.
    That's just dense fans who think that to relate to someone you have to be exactly like them.

Like for a person to relate to Damian they have to be incredibly wealthy, a murderer trained since he was born, with a grandfather that wants to take his body, and a mother that is playing games at global scale.

That's not how it works.

I look at Batman and Robin, Superson and I can relate at times to the father/son relationship but you don't need to relate to a character to love them.

My son is a Jason fan simply because he loves his aesthetic the best. I love Grayson the best because I grew up with him and his simply my favourite comic character, My wife likes Grayson the best because ...... I'm not sure she just does.
    My daughter loves Damian best because she likes his personality the best and thinks he is cute.

Not all popular characters are relatable. Relatable or not the point is that he is loved
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-18-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Came across this interview by Tomasi and Kubert about Damian and Surprised to find that majority of Damian fans they meet at Cons are Kids and Women. That surprises me. I would have thought the bulk of Damian fans would be male. Not sure why though.
    It's a pretty interesting interview from around the the Robin Rises times but it's the 1st I've seen it

https://www.newsarama.com/23085-robi...-s-return.html
    WOW.. So more women buying comics means more Damian fans.. Hahahahaha.

GLEASON IS DAMIAN BILL FINGER(who improved him)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can kind of see the kids thing because he's probably the youngest Robin we've had.
    Wait a moment... Dick was not Robin with 9 years? 1 year younger than Damian initially.. Or I am wrong and maybe I am remembering Young justice?

What a shame that he was not part from Gotham Academy main characters.... But I was grateful to see him here. However, I watched the comic for the main characters not for him.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-18-2019 at 03:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Wait a moment... Dick was not Robin with 9 years? 1 year younger than Damian initially.. Or I am wrong and maybe I am remembering Young justice?
    9 years old is from Young Justice.
    There are some comics where it is stated that he started as Robin at age 8, but in most comics that are set at the beginning of his Carrer as Robin, that give some indication about his age he is around 12 when he starts as Robin.

Age aside Damian looks tiny. He freaking looks about 5 in some books. he has the most childish expressions of all the Robin's despite acting like a grown man. Not to mention the number of panels that have him freaking standing on chairs to reach panels or group shots where we only see the top of his head.

The biggest thing is that kids aren't reading old Batman comics I doubt many children are familiar with the very old comics where Robin had the scaly leotards or even with Batman comics.

YJ Robin might be younger but he doesn't look it. Damian is drawn young and kiddish most times. In titles that young kids would read like GA, Lil' Gotham, Robin Son Of Batman. He is drawn kiddy.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WOW.. So more women buying comics means more Damian fans.. Hahahahaha.

GLEASON IS DAMIAN BILL FINGER(who improved him)

What a shame that he was not part from Gotham Academy main characters.... But I was grateful to see him here. However, I watched the comic for the main characters not for him.
    Gleason is his Bill Finger. I like that though Nguyen and Burnham are also there as top Damian artists. Burnham's Lil Damian in Batman Inc is the most adorably fierce character ever put on paper.

It captures everything about Damian.