Page 113 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That's the full Title of that movie?
    I'm afraid so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Well we hope. Cass isn't the star of the BOP movie. WW had a record breaking solo movie didn't stop Tom King using her as a lamp in his BatCat shipping. Literally bring her in to be rejected.

DC has done nothing to promote her other than what they've always done. One could argue that they are doing less since WW used to have 2 titles but now she just has one.

This Batman 80 would have been excellent PR and promotion for Cass,a character that's about to hit the big screen. Hopefully Cass is a breakout character bringing in so much merchandise money DC has no choice but to promote her.
    Nothing gonna stop BatCat so it not really comparable, my point is that the world will know her name. Was WW a strong seller before the movie? Wasnt she in danger to losing her crown to Harley not to long ago. Why would you promote Cass in Batman 80?

Astonishing Member

How do you mean?

I think it's was necessary for some family members to take on reduced roles.
    Found out Grant Morrison wanted to do an Outsiders Book with Tim back when the new 52 started but wasn't allowed. I wish they had let him.
    My comment was partially a joke. However, it wouldn't be impossible that another reboot happen and Tim's story is totally erased like it happened with Cassandra and Stephanie in New52.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nothing gonna stop BatCat so it not really comparable, my point is that the world will know her name. Was WW a strong seller before the movie? Wasnt she in danger to losing her crown to Harley not to long ago. Why would you promote Cass in Batman 80?
    Wonder Woman isn't really a stronger seller after the movie.

It is just that Harley Quinn sales have fallen over time, while Wonder Woman sales have remained more stable. However, this is likely because Wonder Woman is an iconic character, not the movie.

In general, success in an outside media doesn't translate in success for comics (the problem that new readers can't enter in comics).

I guess it's good that people will know Cassandra, although I really doubt the film will give her a connection with the Batfamily. So, she will likely be a secondary character in Brids of Prey. I don't know if the character will be benefited.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-20-2019 at 06:58 AM.

It's not about stopping Batcat it's about her movie being then the only saving grace of the DCEU elevating her status which is what you are implying and we are hoping BOP is going to do for Cass. You don't use characters with elevated status to prop ones without which was what happened in King's Batman.
    WW success didn't stop DC treating WW badly. She is a pillar along with Harley. DC can reasonably use her to prop Harley because Harley is a superstar and likely brings in as much money as WW if not more. Cat doesn't though which is brings me back to her movie success not leading to better treatment.

Don't know but pretty certain she isn't a worse seller after her movie yet before her movie she had 2 titles and after her movie she has 1.

Well Cass is a member of the Batfamily. Her up coming title is called Batman and the Outsiders. She wears a bat on her chest and she used to be Batgirl so I thought it'd be a cool idea to feature her.

Agreed that the world will known her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    My comment was partially a joke. However, it wouldn't be impossible that another reboot happen an Tim's story is totally erased like it happened with Cassandra and Stephanie in New52.

I wish I could disagree with this comment with conviction but sadly I feel the same.
    That's one way to make batman's unverse make more sense.

I've always felt that Tim, Steph and Damian are the two Robin that are easiest/ most likely to be erased as the years go on.

Dick and Jason are locked in in a way that Tim and Damian are not.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn’t get your hopes up just yet until we get a better idea of what they’re gonna do with Cass and what her roles gonna be in the Harley Quinn & BOP movie.

Extraordinary Member

It's not about stopping Batcat it's about her movie being then the only saving grace of the DCEU elevating her status which is what you are implying and we are hoping BOP is going to do for Cass. You don't use characters with elevated status to prop ones without which was what happened in King's Batman.
    WW success didn't stop DC treating WW badly. She is a pillar along with Harley. DC can reasonably use her to prop Harley because Harley is a superstar and likely brings in as much money as WW if not more. Cat doesn't though which is brings me back to her movie success not leading to better treatment.

Don't know but pretty certain she isn't a worse seller after her movie yet before her movie she had 2 titles and after her movie she has 1.

Well Cass is a member of the Batfamily. Her up coming title is called Batman and the Outsiders. She wears a bat on her chest and she used to be Batgirl so I thought it'd be a cool idea to feature her.

Agreed that the world will known her name.
    Critical acclaim means nothing if you cant back it up with cash. Remember that little jab Diana made at bruce in the last superman movie "Wonder Woman merchandise
    did very well this year. I can step up when the Wayne Foundation falls short." It got a chuckle out of me but lets not get crazy. WonderWoman hit the big screen at the most opportune moment. So it was well received, but I dont think she been making the same kind of bank Harley was doin with a quarter of the effort and 1/5th of the lifespan. Its not the movie its how much will people spend on her aftwerwards, are those same girls buying the dolls backpacks and comics, is she a force in the cosplay industry? I dont think so.

Cat doesnt need a movie, like Ivy said, special treatment due to her Billion dollar boy-toy wherever he goes she get be next on deck before any other batfamily member excluding Alfred.

My point is the world has now idea who cass is and being featured in what is a Harley movie can only do good things to her she not 75 year old vetran of the comic industry like WW is.
    but were gettng too off track so here

Critical acclaim means nothing if you cant back it up with cash. Remember that little jab Diana made at bruce in the last superman movie "Wonder Woman merchandise
    did very well this year. I can step up when the Wayne Foundation falls short." It got a chuckle out of me but lets not get crazy. WonderWoman hit the big screen at the most opportune moment. So it was well received, but I dont think she been making the same kind of bank Harley was doin with a quarter of the effort and 1/5th of the lifespan. Its not the movie its how much will people spend on her aftwerwards, are those same girls buying the dolls backpacks and comics, is she a force in the cosplay industry? I dont think so.

Cat doesnt need a movie, like Ivy said, special treatment due to her Billion dollar boy-toy wherever he goes she get be next on deck before any other batfamily member excluding Alfred.

My point is the world has now idea who cass is and being featured in what is a Harley movie can only do good things to her she not 75 year old vetran of the comic industry like WW is.
    but were gettng too off track so here

This guy was in Harley's last movie. I'm sure Fans who are buying Harley merch but that doesn't mean that they are rushing out to get Slipknot merch

As was Katana and she was also on the super popular DCSHG and A Batman animated series but that didn't help her when it came to promotion

Basically what I mean is that Harley might be making more bank than WW that doesn't mean everyone who appears next to her or in her movie is suddenly going to get a boost.

And the world knowing you doesn't always = more promotion or a great boost in visibility as we see with Katana.

Regardless of how much Harley makes Cass isn't Harley. Cass can hope to be made a part of the Harley family that way she can get the Cat treatment you mentioned above [being on the bat gravy train]. But right now she hasn't locked it down.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-20-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Shame DC doesn't have a Harley franchise but I suspect that she likely makes more money for WB than WW does right now. Not to mention appears to connect more with young girls than Diana.

Sweet. I love Chris Burnham

I was very happy to see them show up in Young Justice.

Cass at least has the Outsiders and the movie ( I still can't believe the full title of that movie is Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Steph on the other hand just has a YJ guest so far announced in the comics.
    That's a mouthful of a name.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-20-2019 at 06:08 AM.

I think djinnxDamian would save her from vanishing if the book got cancelled but I dont want crush to be sad so it hard

lol at his bed wear
    He's a basketball fan. This shows how far he's come from his days of sleeping like some sort of Spartan Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He's a basketball fan. This shows how far he's come from his days of sleeping like some sort of Spartan Warrior.

He is learning to be a real boy