Page 169 of 272 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WTF.. The solicitation revealed this?

Yeah.. Damian was trying to hide to Batman for his prison..

WOW.. This is the first time that I see this solicitation with LOBO IN THE COVER.. But seems that she is controlled for him.. Even if the previous solicitation talks about the traitor.. Is she really the real traitor?

SEEMS THAT FINALLY DAMIAN WILL APPEAR IN KING BATMAN IN THE PERFECT MOMENT TO KNOW HIS GRANDFATHER THOMAS WAYNE.
    I actually don't think Crush is the traitor. We know she has a heel turn in Year of the Villain but I don't think that that makes her the traitor. I still think it's Djinn.

You are right Damian finally gets to meet grandpa and it doesn't seem like it goes well since the solicits say that his life hangs in the balance. Joy. More loving family members

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Looks like even the makers of the statue did a better job explaining the Robins that HIC

I like what it says about the Robins and you are correct thsi is more respectful and in character than the HIC confessionals.

I also like that the relationships was taken into account when designing this statue and poses but still a big fail using Gleason's Damian for Tim. That's the most well known and loved version of Damian.

Gleason is the artist that most fans identify with Damian. The Damian with his missing tooth is also a well remembered image since it was so hilarious [plus Damian still has his baby teeth!]

But Thank you to Pat Gleason for sharing that tweet and making fans aware.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Gleason is the artist that most fans identify with Damian. The Damian with his missing tooth is also a well remembered image since it was so hilarious [plus Damian still has his baby teeth!]

But Thank you to Pat Gleason for sharing that tweet and making fans aware.
    WE LOST A LOT THE DAY THAT GLEASON JOINED MARVEL.. First Bendis and now this..

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

WTF.. The solicitation revealed this?

Yeah.. Damian was trying to hide to Batman for his prison..

WOW.. This is the first time that I see this solicitation with LOBO IN THE COVER.. But seems that she is controlled for him.. Even if the previous solicitation talks about the traitor.. Is she really the real traitor?

SEEMS THAT FINALLY DAMIAN WILL APPEAR IN KING BATMAN IN THE PERFECT MOMENT TO KNOW HIS GRANDFATHER THOMAS WAYNE.
    My impression was that Crush won't be the traitor. It would be a little awkward to reveal Crush as the traitor in TT #35 - and then she gets controlled by Lobo in #36. But I can understand that people think it's Crush because the cover of TT #35 shows the skulls of all the other TT members. On the other hand Crush doesn't strike me as a very scheming person ("The Teen Titans’ traitor is finally revealed as all their scheming finally comes to a head!"). My money is actually on Roundhouse. There are still some unknown factors about his past, especially his sister, that make his character look suspicious.

There was a time when I'd have liked to see some interactions between Thomas Wayne and Damian - but I don't like King's writing. So I'm not really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    My money is actually on Roundhouse. There are still some unknown factors about his past, especially his sister, that make his character look suspicious.

There was a time when I'd have liked to see some interactions between Thomas Wayne and Damian - but I don't like King's writing. So I'm not really looking forward to this.
    Same here.. Djinn as traitor can be too obvious... Anyway I think that THE OTHER is her brother..

I think that I can accept see him one last time in King Batman run. Only if he appears talking with THomas wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    My impression was that Crush won't be the traitor. It would be a little awkward to reveal Crush as the traitor in TT #35 - and then she gets controlled by Lobo in #36. But I can understand that people think it's Crush because the cover of TT #35 shows the skulls of all the other TT members. On the other hand Crush doesn't strike me as a very scheming person ("The Teen Titans’ traitor is finally revealed as all their scheming finally comes to a head!"). My money is actually on Roundhouse. There are still some unknown factors about his past, especially his sister, that make his character look suspicious.

Same. I haven't liked his shallow characterisations and it's clear he's only interested in using them as angst fodder. 1st they were taken down off panel and hanged. Then he literally had them frigded and we never did see that resolved. Then he took a dig at one on panel over some lame twitter rubbish. Had one shot which resulted in memory loss that he did nothing to follow up on. Had one punched and had another turn into Pyg.

Plus this Thomas isn't exactly the Thomas Wayne I thought he was.

You guys think it's RH? He doesn't seem the scheming type. I agree that we don't know much about him but I can't think of any scheming he might have done aside from the Crush Djinn situation. That could be interpreted as him scheme and manipulating Crush to reveal her feelings thereby driving a wedge between TM's

Same here.. Djinn as traitor can be too obvious... Anyway I think that THE OTHER is her brother..

I think that I can accept see him one last time in King Batman run. Only if he appears talking with THomas wayne.
    But this Thomas is aligned with bane and doesn't seem to make the best decisions.

I admit Djinn seems obvious but we have so little to go on. I feel like Glass has forgotten to write a chunk of this story. Their scheming comes to a head" What scheming though? He keeps telling us there is a traitor but he hasn't made that very clear in the story. There haven't been enough incidents that back this up. The lady Vic and released prisoners don't have enough weight [they weren't explored well]

Or am I forgetting something?

WE LOST A LOT THE DAY THAT GLEASON JOINED MARVEL.. First Bendis and now this..
    It's a shame Gleason moving to Marvel, bye bye chapters 2 and 3 of RSOB.
    This head swap isn't that big a deal except that it might cost the Artist in sales. I can't afford the statue but even if I could I wouldn't want it knowing that. I don't mind them borrowing Damian's for anyone but not Tim Drake. That pisses me off because I'm not a fan. Others might not care.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

But this Thomas is aligned with bane and doesn't seem to make the best decisions.

I admit Djinn seems obvious but we have so little to go on. I feel like Glass has forgotten to write a chunk of this story. Their scheming comes to a head" What scheming though? He keeps telling us there is a traitor but he hasn't made that very clear in the story. There haven't been enough incidents that back this up. The lady Vic and released prisoners don't have enough weight [they weren't explored well]

Or am I forgetting something?
    The explosion that set up the Damian and Hood fight will probably end up counting as well. Unless the Lady’s vic and that incident are one & the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The explosion that set up the Damian and Hood fight will probably end up counting as well. Unless the Lady’s vic and that incident are one & the same.
    One and the same.

Incredible Member

I actually don't think Crush is the traitor. We know she has a heel turn in Year of the Villain but I don't think that that makes her the traitor. I still think it's Djinn.

You are right Damian finally gets to meet grandpa and it doesn't seem like it goes well since the solicits say that his life hangs in the balance. Joy. More loving family members
    Don't forget that Thomas killed Talia in his timeline. I wouldn't be suprised if Thomas wasn't too thrilled that his only blood-related grandson was an Al-Ghul on his mother's side.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Don't forget that Thomas killed Talia in his timeline. I wouldn't be suprised if Thomas wasn't too thrilled that his only blood-related grandson was an Al-Ghul on his mother's side.
    That's more of Tom King and DC/WB deciding to sabotage ships in order to push BatCat as the OTP. If you remember from "Death and the Maidens" Martha Wayne was not only a BruTalia shipper, like the O-Sensei in Detective Comics Annual 1, she points out that only way Bruce could be happy, fulfilled, and balance all aspects of his life is to marry Talia.

Martha also crippled Selina in Flashpoint, who Thomas used as his version of Oracle so there's clearly some differences of opinions there. I think we're also supposed to catch the differences between Thomas and Bruce while at the same time the similarities between Bruce and Ra's: Thomas never attempted to bring his son back to life, Ra's gave up his life so that Talia would live, and has a history of making sacrifices of potential lifespan for his various children. Going back to the discussion of toxic masculinity, this is a good example of a contrast between tender and toxic: Ra's, ironically, with his focus on his children and friends, is tender masculinity whereas Thomas and Bruce by focusing strictly on their romantic/sexual relationships are toxic masculinity. By having Selina show up instead of Damian (who would have been the choice of many other writers, not just Tomasi), we continue to see the priority in promoting toxic masculinity that is the culture at DC.

In fact, any of Bruce's friends and allies besides Selina would have been a better choice and more grounded in the characters' history, but what can we say? We're living in a dystopian world now where Batman picks sex over family and Thomas Wayne has become an abusive monster.

Incredible Member

The Arkham games had Bruce and Talia as a OTP. Not even BatCat worked there

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    That's more of Tom King and DC/WB deciding to sabotage ships in order to push BatCat as the OTP. If you remember from "Death and the Maidens" Martha Wayne was not only a BruTalia shipper, like the O-Sensei in Detective Comics Annual 1, she points out that only way Bruce could be happy, fulfilled, and balance all aspects of his life is to marry Talia.

Martha also crippled Selina in Flashpoint, who Thomas used as his version of Oracle so there's clearly some differences of opinions there. I think we're also supposed to catch the differences between Thomas and Bruce while at the same time the similarities between Bruce and Ra's: Thomas never attempted to bring his son back to life, Ra's gave up his life so that Talia would live, and has a history of making sacrifices of potential lifespan for his various children. Going back to the discussion of toxic masculinity, this is a good example of a contrast between tender and toxic: Ra's, ironically, with his focus on his children and friends, is tender masculinity whereas Thomas and Bruce by focusing strictly on their romantic/sexual relationships are toxic masculinity. By having Selina show up instead of Damian (who would have been the choice of many other writers, not just Tomasi), we continue to see the priority in promoting toxic masculinity that is the culture at DC.

In fact, any of Bruce's friends and allies besides Selina would have been a better choice and more grounded in the characters' history, but what can we say? We're living in a dystopian world now where Batman picks sex over family and Thomas Wayne has become an abusive monster.
    I agree, the way King handles the batfamily and their importance to Bruce is just terrible in this run. I get that King wants to write this "epic love story" for Bruce and Selina, but stomping on every other relationship (romantic and not romantic) is the wrong way to go.

You don't have to claim that Bruce never truly loved anyone besides Selina to show us that she is (supposedly) the one for him and you don't have to diminish the role of his family in his life to make the reader feel like she is special to him.
    Writing like only the love interest matters and everyone else is just kinda there is actually a sign of a terribly written romance, at least in my opinion. Bruce out of all people putting his love life over his family is even worse and the way I see it pretty ooc.