Page 185 of 272 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4078

Ouch, that Teen Titans issue... Right in the feels ! I can't help but feel so sad for Damian. At least it's better than the Batman issue, where he was really depicted as an unsufferable jerk.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    The new TT wasn't better either.

spoilers:
    The whole team minus Emiko now decides that with D'Jinn's power, they will "fix"(mind mess up) super villains and give them new civilian identities and monitor them. Example: Brother Blood is a gardener now
    end of spoilers
    Heh. ^^ Teen Tidentity Crisis

spoilers:
    SOOOO Damian saves a citizen and his pet from getting killed by scarecrow and zsasz. Find Thomas Wayne Batman. Thomas initially tries to reason with him. Damian(I'm trying to be unbias here but...) acts all arrogant and throws the usual verbal insults. Thomas tells Damian that Alfred suggested the bat fam not come for fear of his life so that Damian wouldn't try to invade and get himself killed. Thomas outclasses him and it sounds like he really didn't wanna fight Damian. Damian still with the verbal banter, Thomas puts him down hard with 2 kicks. Damian knocked out is tied up in a chair. Alfred is talking in the background, pleading that Bane doesn't kill him in front of the boy. Thomas is also regretful of this outcome, but it is not his city, it is the city of Bane and Bane snaps Alfred's neck. Damian is crying and Thomas tries to sympathize with him, but tells him now that Damian is the hostage replacing Alfred. And Thomas ends it off hoping that the Bat fam wont be as childish as Damian was and makes the same mistake.
    end of spoilers
    Yikes....well....on the upside, whoever said he was only fronting about his feelings toward Alfred was right....if we can consider that an upside....

Astonishing Member

The new TT wasn't better either.

spoilers:
    The whole team minus Emiko now decides that with D'Jinn's power, they will "fix"(mind mess up) super villains and give them new civilian identities and monitor them. Example: Brother Blood is a gardener now
    end of spoilers
    Are we sure that everyone knows? It seemed like only three characters know.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yikes....well....on the upside, whoever said he was only fronting about his feelings toward Alfred was right....if we can consider that an upside....
    Is this the part where batman stops playing and calls in his super powered friends to help

I can't stress well enough how much I wish for both Batman and Catwoman to die. They can't beat Bane. It's simply not possible. They can't beat Thomas. Why don't they die so that we can save ourselves from this mediocre intertwining of Damian being beat and traumatized and Bruce and Selina eating croissants? Why can't King spare us from this? Were those panels with Batman and Catwoman in them that necessary? Is this really King? Did he really go from writing Vision to this? This is literally the worst Batman run in a full decade, why does he go for shock factor and fanfiction-y drama hostage situations and romance? And for ****'s sake, will he ever stop writing Bruce like a fucking teenager? Why does the dialogue get retard every time Selina and Bruce share a panel together? I'm simply out of words. I know I've come back to my account after my first post in this forum (in this thread actually) one year after doing that just to rant about the last few issues, but God this is simply annoying now.

Edit: On a lighter note, I actually enjoyed today's TT. Sure there'll be a lot of consequences for the events unfolding, but it's interesting and attention-grabbing without pandering to shippers or appealing by shock factor induction. I also loved Damian's and Emiko's interaction. The theories for who the traitor could be were fun and the dialogue was entertaining too. The fact that Damian is so small has been lost lately so it was nice to see that Emiko actually towers over him lol.
    Last edited by Sir Arthur IV; 08-21-2019 at 01:03 PM.

It is unsettling to see Bruce needing to pretty much have selina hold his hand through this. One can write a strong female without depowering the man. They could just be equals. What happened to that?

i honestly didn't have much of a problem with Damian in this. he came off much better than his dad.

Yet to read TT

Incredible Member

After thinking about this some more and reading other peoples reactions I'm starting to see this in a more positive light.

Didn't care about the batcat scenes, they just felt weird between the interesting parts of the issue. This is the first time they met face to face after the wedding right? Bruce and Selina really bored me in this one.

I'm still pretty tired of dc though. There's not that much that makes me feel excited.

The Batcat scenes made absolutely no sense. Looks to me like King is actually trying to troll us making the cafe scene right between the fight scenes. Otherwise, the art here was actually pretty weak. Is Janin not giving it his all?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It is unsettling to see Bruce needing to pretty much have selina hold his hand through this. One can write a strong female without depowering the man. They could just be equals. What happened to that?

i honestly didn't have much of a problem with Damian in this. he came off much better than his dad.

Yet to read TT
    You remember that JL animated series episode where, aside from Luthor, the villains are lobotimized on another Earth? Basically that.

I think King was trolling us with the choice of song he had Selina sing to wake Bruce. Really Carmen? I will say it again I'm not convinced king is a fan of the batcat pairing

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think King was trolling us with the choice of song he had Selina sing to wake Bruce. Really Carmen? I will say it again I'm not convinced king is a fan of the batcat pairing
    Carmen sings a lot about love, but she can't fall in love, not truly. After some time she's bored and moves on to the next guy. At the end she gets killed by her former lover. Not exactly the greates love story ever told.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Carmen sings a lot about love, but she can't fall in love, not truly. After some time she's bored and moves on to the next guy. At the end she gets killed by her former lover. Not exactly the greates love story ever told.
    That was my problem with it and that Jose clearly was just infatuated with her. of all the operas.

Although carmen does have some similarities with king's batman. Jose a solider does deserts his duties [Bruce has been incompetent or you could also apply this to bruce giving up batman] abandons his fight love [in Bruce's case family, justice] loses his **** when Carmen rejects him and throws his ring at him [the wedding]

honestly stuff like that is what i loved/love about king's writing. However you are correct Carmen isn't the best due to it being a doomed romance I know King is planning on twisting it but the couple have never had that Carmen / Jose dynamic ever. King is writing a twisted version of both characters.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-22-2019 at 12:44 AM.

I was cautious about this issue and i know others here were as well but thankfully fans are been logical and not using it as fodder to hate [well some are but that's always the case] in fact I see a lot of fans demonising DC and King for trying to be edgy and beating up kids which isn't the case here. Damian went to throw hands and Damian like all Robins are not like normal kids.They are skilled fighters whose job it is to fight villains regardless of age.

The more I re read the story the less i dislike it. Sure the motive was to offer an already divisive character as a scapegoat to irate fans and while I'm still mixed on King this was a good showing for Damian especially skills wise. I can't believe the same guy whose been writing Batman wrote this Robin.

Damian in this was written better and more favourably than bruce has been majority of this run. not only that according to what i'm reading on comicvine he's also faster than batman in this run which is ..... sad for Batman.

I' m more a robin fan than a batman but I've n ever been a fan of Robin 's being better than Batman especially not in his own title.

This post is all over the place but that's how I felt reading this. happy and relieved for Damian sad for Batman.

Now I'm off to read TT
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-22-2019 at 01:31 AM.

Nice Robin War call back and i love the short man trying to project power by puffing his chest out

hey grand dad you owe me a **** load in past birthdays and Christmas gifts

he didn't quite manage it but Brass balls no less.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-22-2019 at 01:56 AM.