Page 216 of 272 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm of two minds on the whole thing. I do kinda wanna see them together. But I also don't see it being a relationship that lasts. Like... I don't necessarily ship it...But I wanna see where it goes. It'd definitely be a "first love won't be your last love" situation.

And honestly, I hope Crush gets over whatever feelings she has. I like Crush but damn does she get annoying when it comes to Djinn.
    Agreed. I was a huge fan of Crush and Djinn but now it's just off putting. I don't like how Glass makes her violent and ott when it comes to Djinn . It's like calm down girl.

I've cooled on Damian and Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'm guessing he was just so taken aback he crumbled. Wasn't really too much he could do anyway since Djinn is seriously powerful especially when someone commands her with her ring.

I'm kinda curious for what the Djinn/Damian Endgame is going to be and the whole love triangle with Crush thing.

Yeah I have no idea why Roundhouse would hate Robin so much - maybe Robin failed to save his sister somehow?
    I hope Damian didn't have anything to do with his sister death. I'm getting tried of Damian being the fall guy or Glass ass pulling Damian doing stupid things.

Between Bendis and Glass Damian's character is getting dumber by the minute and their OCC characterisation is becoming the norm for him.

This isn't Damian's 1st Kiss. In Supersons, the issue with Hex he shared kisses with a Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I hate Bendis but I can’t not miss the opportunity to get Damian and Jon together even if it’s just a guest pass
    I will pick it up with flash forwards
    I'd rather not have any supersons than Supersons by Bendis. His version of them is as bad as Ric. Superman 16 just pissed me off

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Between Bendis and Glass Damian's character is getting dumber by the minute and their OCC characterisation is becoming the norm for him.
    I've been saying that for a while now when it comes to Glass. Unlike Bendis, he's got the voice down. He can write a really good Damian when he wants to...but Damian's whole Titans career (with both teams) still feels like an endless loop of "Damian was wrong" and "This was Damian's fault". I bet when this whole Roundhouse thing is over, the team (if they're still a thing) are gonna be pissed at him all over again.

Incredible Member

Hey, at least Bendis allowed Damian to come to the (probably correct) conclusion who is behind Leviathan at the end of issue 5. That makes him more useful than 95% of the cast

Incredible Member

I've been saying that for a while now when it comes to Glass. Unlike Bendis, he's got the voice down. He can write a really good Damian when he wants to...but Damian's whole Titans career (with both teams) still feels like an endless loop of "Damian was wrong" and "This was Damian's fault". I bet when this whole Roundhouse thing is over, the team (if they're still a thing) are gonna be pissed at him all over again.
    That's what made me stop reading this book. There's nothing wrong with Damian messing up, but if he's always wrong and the entire team is dysfunctional all the time it's exhausting. His father screws up big time pretty often, but at the end writers always give him his time to shine or find an excuse why his actions actually weren't inhumane or plain wrong. It's annoying that Batman gets that treatment while most others don't.

Incredible Member

Just yesterday someone tried to convince me that Bruce leaving Damian at Thomas' mercy was a genius move because Bruce knows that Thomas wouldn't kill Damian.
    I argued that Bruce couldn't have known what exactly Thomas or Bane would do to Damian once they captured him and that there are several very likely ways this plan could go south pretty fast.

I wouldn't be suprised if King comes up with some explanations why this plan isn't one of the worst plans ever created and how Bruce isn't a terrible father next issue, but if the only explanation for his actions end up being "He's Batman and a genius, it works, shut up" I wouldn't be suprised either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Just yesterday someone tried to convince me that Bruce leaving Damian at Thomas' mercy was a genius move because Bruce knows that Thomas wouldn't kill Damian.
    I argued that Bruce couldn't have known what exactly Thomas or Bane would do to Damian once they captured him and that there are several very likely ways this plan could go south pretty fast.

I wouldn't be suprised if King comes up with some explanations why this plan isn't one of the worst plans ever created and how Bruce isn't a terrible father next issue, but if the only explanation for his actions end up being "He's Batman and a genius, it works, shut up" I wouldn't be suprised either.
    I can see why some might say that since Thomas wants Bruce to just be a dad having lost his own son at a young age but everything about Thomas points to him being mentally compromised or a villian. No dad or hero/anti-hero would wager a city's safety just to teach their kid a lesson.

I hoped that Damian might be the game changer that leads to Thomas changing but that'll be too anti climactic. Thomas and Bruce have to have a stand off.

King's issue is that his priorities and thoughts are all tied up with BatCat. That's the story he's invested in. The story he wants to tell. So everything else is just half-arsed.

I gave Glass the benefit of the doubt that we'll get more on the Jason arc and my desire to see Jason and Damian working together made me ignore the fact that Damian would accept Jason as a mentor.

Bendis I don't even get why he's using Damian in Leviathan. Legion I get. The Supersons sell and Robin sells that doesn't explain why Damian is such a central character in Leviathan.

Also why is Damian so taken with future tech and Leviathan tech? The whole thing is odd. I really hope Leviathan doesn't turn out to be some version of Damian

Incredible Member

I can see why some might say that since Thomas wants Bruce to just be a dad having lost his own son at a young age but everything about Thomas points to him being mentally compromised or a villian. No dad or hero/anti-hero would wager a city's safety just to teach their kid a lesson.

I hoped that Damian might be the game changer that leads to Thomas changing but that'll be too anti climactic. Thomas and Bruce have to have a stand off.

King's issue is that his priorities and thoughts are all tied up with BatCat. That's the story he's invested in. The story he wants to tell. So everything else is just half-arsed.
    My thoughts exactly. There are reasons why Thomas should be 100% against killing Damian, but there are also reasons why he would do it.

Damian is the son/grandson of some of his greatest enemys: Talia/Ra's. He said that he fought Ra's and even killed Talia in his own timeline. Thomas is not mentally healthy and I could see him convincing himself that killing Ra's heir is a good deed. Especially after Damian hurt Claire, someone Thomas actually knows and cares about.

Thomas goes to great lenghts to teach Bruce a lesson. Assisting Bane with breaking Bruce, dragging him through a desert and fighting him, taking his city hostage...he's not acting rational. When they captured Damian he said to him that he doesn't want to kill Alfred in front of him to teach him a lesson, but he lets it happen anyway. He even taunts Damian that there is no hope because Damian will be his new hostage now. Whatever affection he has for Bruce and Damian isn't enough to keep him from hurting them.

Lastly, doesn't Bane have multiple villains on his side that can manipulate people? Maybe regular Thomas wouldn't do it but manipulated Thomas? Why not? How is Bruce so sure Thomas is free in his ability to make a decision?

My point is: Batman is supposed to be a hero that thinks about the possible outcomes and consequences of his plans. That requires writers to come up with clever solutions to Batman's problems, but there are enough of them that seem to think: "It works because Batman planned it, no explanation needed" and I think that's pretty lazy and a terrible way to write Batman.

From what I saw from covers and solicitations Thomas shapes up to be the big bad. Being partly responsible for Alfred's death should be enough to keep the tension between Bruce and Thomas even if he lets Damian escape, but that's not the best argument for why he wouldn't hurt Damian now that he crossed that line anyway.

Incredible Member

Also why is Damian so taken with future tech and Leviathan tech? The whole thing is odd. I really hope Leviathan doesn't turn out to be some version of Damian
    If it turns out to be a future version of him I vote for him, evil future Tim, Talon!Ric and the Batman Who Laughs to fight it out on a remote island. The winner gets nuked by the government.