Page 218 of 272 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4078
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    As good as it was not to have Jason job, Bendis took it too far in the other direction. Jobbing everyone else.
    The only reason I didn’t mind Jason’s display in Event Leviathan is because he fought them primarily one on one & he was fighting to escape the entire time. I can buy he’s a capable enough fighter to do that but had he utterly crushed all of them (individually or all at once) that would’ve been a different story.

With Dick currently off the table, I’m kind of disappointed they didn’t take the opportunity to further develop Damian’s relationship with the Batfam. Would’ve been a perfect time to do so but the most we got was one undercooked subplot that didn’t go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The only reason I didn’t mind Jason’s display in Event Leviathan is because he fought them primarily one on one & he was fighting to escape the entire time. I can buy he’s a capable enough fighter to do that but had he utterly crushed all of them (individually or all at once) that would’ve been a different story.

With Dick currently off the table, I’m kind of disappointed they didn’t take the opportunity to further develop Damian’s relationship with the Batfam. Would’ve been a perfect time to do so but the most we got was one undercooked subplot that didn’t go anywhere.
    Same. I was so excited when I learnt they were working together. I kept hoping we would get more. Flashbacks or something. Anything but nope. To make it worse it's like there's some decision to double down on the rift by having Damian point the finger at Jason in Leviathan out of nowhere. It's frustrating. Heavens forbid the batboys have amicable/functioning relationships barring a couple of them at a time.

Jonboy Meyers Damian

https://twitter.com/Jonboy007007

I miss Meyers' art on Teen Titans, SO MUCH.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to him drawing the series, but he seemed to abandon interior work in comics pretty fast (after being committed to 1-2 books).

There seemed to be creative differences where he wasn't happy with where the book was going. I wasn't either, so I would've preferred to switch out Percy over Meyer. Maybe we would've gotten a good run instead of whatever we got.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    There seemed to be creative differences where he wasn't happy with where the book was going. I wasn't either, so I would've preferred to switch out Percy over Meyer. Maybe we would've gotten a good run instead of whatever we got.
    What we got was at least decent, but I'm curious what the creative differences were specifically over since it happened so soon.

Not entirely sure, but all of Meyers design work had me very interested. Between details for the Tower and transport as well a civilian wardrobe for each member, it seemed like he was bringing some needed fleshing out that we didn't get.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Anyone else reading Batman v Ra's? Think Bendis writes an awful Damian? Well....

Who talks like that? What is this dialogue?

Bruce not remembering being Batman makes me wonder how he thinks he got Damian in the first place. Being Batman and conceiving Damian are pretty interconnected.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Anyone else reading Batman v Ra's? Think Bendis writes an awful Damian? Well....

HAHAHAHA that's about as much as I expect from Neal Adams. When he made Odyssey, even his Bruce and Dick don't sound right.

Extraordinary Member

Damian is too paranoid to fall for this?

this jumbo smurf has got to go, I'm tired of him being blamed for everything,

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Damian is too paranoid to fall for this?
    I think that even though Damian was on edge, he was probably so taken aback by what Djinn said he let his guard down. Even if he was suspicious Djinn under orders is so powerful wasn't really much he could do.

Maybe Roundhouse knows Damian is grandson of Ra's and thats why he doesnt trust Robin. Its weird he would specifically hate Robin so much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think that even though Damian was on edge, he was probably so taken aback by what Djinn said he let his guard down. Even if he was suspicious Djinn under orders is so powerful wasn't really much he could do.

Maybe Roundhouse knows Damian is grandson of Ra's and thats why he doesnt trust Robin. Its weird he would specifically hate Robin so much.
    I am jsut so done with Roundhouse

Fantastic Member

I don't know if we are going towards the team being mad at Damian. If anything it maybe this event that helps the team pull themselves together. Roundhouse can say its Damian's fault for what happened to his sister. But it could also be Roundhouse simply not wanting to take responsibility for his actions. Damian may mess up but he always takes responsibility for the decisions he makes and Glass writes him that way. So I don't mind this plot point. To me it sounds like Roundhouse just wants to blame others for his mistakes. If you look at the entire series to this point Roundhouse was incredibly manipulative. I mean look at how he took advantage of Crush's jealousy of Damian and her crush on Djinn. All while saying he is doing these things to protect the team from Damian. I don't think this is going to lead to more fallout for Damian if anything Roundhouse is the one that is going to suffer. Damian could have made a mistake in the past but, he always takes responsibility and tries to move ahead which is a theme in Tomasi's and Glass's writing of his character. Roundhouse on the other hand based on what I understand of his character wants to redirect the blame for his actions to some else.

Fantastic Member

Agreed. I was a huge fan of Crush and Djinn but now it's just off putting. I don't like how Glass makes her violent and ott when it comes to Djinn . It's like calm down girl.

I've cooled on Damian and Djinn
    Same, which is why I like Damian and Djinn relationship more. Glass actually writes that like a real relationship like it has it ups and downs. They have personal and more deep conversations then the moments that happen with Crush. I like Crush but from moment she realizes that she likes Djinn her attitude as been focused on total jealousy. I get liking someone but I wish Crush would calm down a bit. Jealousy is normal but being jealous all the time is not. Damian is protective of Djinn but not point of being over protective or extremely jealous like Crush.