Page 202 of 272 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4078

I'm really glad with the revelations of batman #78. I fully thought they were going to go with the Damian as scapegoat route [they might still do. I still don't trust King] but that was a good save though it made Bruce look like a horny coward and an idiot.

Why send your kid to take on people who've handed you arse on multiple occasions?

However the fact that this plan seemed to just involve Alfred and Damian continues the theme that's been running through Rebirth and King's Batman. The only ones that matter are Alfred and the blood child. Which I don't like at all.

The concept of family being a lot more than blood is one that has always been a part of Batman. It's part of what I enjoy the most about the family. It's a significant part of Dick and Damian's dynamic. What makes em so special. Damian was rejected by his blood and made family by one who was adopted by his father.

So nice save but I still hate it.

On TT now that we know the traitor I hope we get to find out the truth about the brainwashing idea. I don't mind Damian having a prison or being brutal. I don't mind him manipulating and lying. I do mind him imposing his will on to others. That should be something a character with his background should never do.

He has experience of what it's like to have another take over your will. He has been a puppet so he shouldn't ever wish that on others. I get that it's difficult watching a planet die. It's difficult following your fathers methods when you know that Metal and it's aftermath are all his fault but I hope it turns out that the idea to brainwash those baddies wasn't Damian's.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    However the fact that this plan seemed to just involve Alfred and Damian continues the theme that's been running through Rebirth and King's Batman. The only ones that matter are Alfred and the blood child. Which I don't like at all.

The concept of family being a lot more than blood is one that has always been a part of Batman. It's part of what I enjoy the most about the family. It's a significant part of Dick and Damian's dynamic. What makes em so special. Damian was rejected by his blood and made family by one who was adopted by his father.
    Hmmm, I 100% agree that dc trying to erase the importance of adopted families needs to stop immediatly, Bruce adopting orphans is one of his most endearing qualtities, but when it comes to Damian being more valued because he is the blood son... idk. I always got the feeling that dc tried to get rid of the batfamily for some time now (erasing the adoptions, changing origin stories, breaking the family apart over and over again and never properly bringing them back together again,...) and the only reason Damian was spared was, well being related to Bruce by blood is kinda a core trait of his character. It's hard to get rid of that (Deathstroke vs Batman proved how ridiculous that idea is) and so while Damian rarely appears together with his father anymore, Bruce gets to tell people, yeah sure I love my son, he's really important to me and stuff, so Bruce doesn't look too terrible but they don't have to actually include the relationship in a Batman book.

The only recent proper Batman and Robin team up I can think of is the Arkham Knight arc written by Tomasi. They do appear together in Event Leviathan, but Bendis has no idea who he's writing so it doesn't count in my book. They appeared as a team in Superman a few times which was also written by Tomasi.
    Don't get me wrong, Snyder making Damian the first thing Bruce thought of when Clark asked him what could motivate him to save the universe during metal or Damian being the first thing Bruce wanted Thomas to know about during the button is awesome, but a good father doesn't just tell people that he loves his children (while they are absent may I add) but interacts with them. A good parent takes care of of their well-being. A good parent invests time and effort into his relationships with his children. We haven't seen Bruce attempting to do any of this on a regular basis in forever, not even for Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Hmmm, I 100% agree that dc trying to erase the importance of adopted families needs to stop immediatly, Bruce adopting orphans is one of his most endearing qualtities, but when it comes to Damian being more valued because he is the blood son... idk. I always got the feeling that dc tried to get rid of the batfamily for some time now (erasing the adoptions, changing origin stories, breaking the family apart over and over again and never properly bringing them back together again,...) and the only reason Damian was spared was, well being related to Bruce by blood is kinda a core trait of his character. It's hard to get rid of that (Deathstroke vs Batman proved how ridiculous that idea is) and so while Damian rarely appears together with his father anymore, Bruce gets to tell people, yeah sure I love my son, he's really important to me and stuff, so Bruce doesn't look too terrible but they don't have to actually include the relationship in a Batman book.

The only recent proper Batman and Robin team up I can think of is the Arkham Knight arc written by Tomasi. They do appear together in Event Leviathan, but Bendis has no idea who he's writing so it doesn't count in my book. They appeared as a team in Superman a few times which was also written by Tomasi.
    Don't get me wrong, Snyder making Damian the first thing Bruce thought of when Clark asked him what could motivate him to save the universe during metal or Damian being the first thing Bruce wanted Thomas to know about during the button is awesome, but a good father doesn't just tell people that he loves his children (while they are absent may I add) but interacts with them. A good parent takes care of of their well-being. A good parent invests time and effort into his relationships with his children. We haven't seen Bruce attempting to do any of this on a regular basis in forever, not even for Damian.
    Well according to King they are only soldiers.

DC doesn't like those kind of stories as Tomasi found out on Superman. They like action and plenty of it. Plus Batman must be overloaded with angst.
    Do comics in general care bout families? I don't read Marvel so I don't know if a lot of them are allowed families but I can only think of a handful of DC heroes in publication who have families that feature in the comics.

Damian

Damian and Tim

https://yumi0626.tumblr.com

Incredible Member

Well according to King they are only soldiers.

DC doesn't like those kind of stories as Tomasi found out on Superman. They like action and plenty of it. Plus Batman must be overloaded with angst.
    Do comics in general care bout families? I don't read Marvel so I don't know if a lot of them are allowed families but I can only think of a handful of DC heroes in publication who have families that feature in the comics.
    Yeah, that might be true. I remember a lot of people loving Batman 70 because Bruce one punched a bunch of criminals. If that is all it takes to impress people I want to be a writer at dc comics. I was just bored and disappointed that this was apparently the only thing King could come up with after months of the boring Knightmares arc.

Bruce thinking of the batfamily only as his soldiers is so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Yeah, that might be true. I remember a lot of people loving Batman 70 because Bruce one punched a bunch of criminals. If that is all it takes to impress people I want to be a writer at dc comics. I was just bored and disappointed that this was apparently the only thing King could come up with after months of the boring Knightmares arc.

Bruce thinking of the batfamily only as his soldiers is so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.
    Bruce dressing his kids in bright colours to fight rather than employing trained adults is already so questionable but to add that he views them as soldiers....

The thing is that while King put that in an issue of his Batman I don't think that's what he thinks. At least not when you look at past interviews or even his recent twitter Q&A [from yesterday no less]

Another case of King twisting the character to suit the story he wants to write.

Dick and Damian According to reports Damian might be getting his best bro back soon

https://twitter.com/akkiyamia

Alfred at Damian's grave

Dick and Damian According to reports Damian might be getting his best bro back soon

https://twitter.com/akkiyamia
    He is? When ? Do you have a source please?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Dick’s supposably coming back in Tynion’s Batman run sometime in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Dick’s supposably coming back in Tynion’s Batman run sometime in 2020.
    Thanks mate. Still excited even with Tynion writing. I hope they make is a big deal though with it being handled in another character's title I doubt it.