Page 261 of 272 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    What's with Damian posing as he walks down the street here? Is he a JoJo's character?

That first one is a pretty common "relaxed/cool/aloof" walk in anime.

Incredible Member

timthumb.jpeg.jpg
    timthumb.jpeg-1.jpg
    But Lucius, I'm already not taking care of my own orphans let alone my own blood son, you can't seriously expect me to look after strange orphans now too...

I'm looking forward to read Detective Comics 1017 either way, but I would be happier if all that talk about the importance of having people who love and care for you in the flashback isn't just about orphans but is used to reflect how Bruce treats his children as well.

Having Damian show up only so Bruce can teach him something about how orphans have it hard and Damian needs to learn a lesson about humility or something would be disappointing in my opinion. Yes, in contrast to most orphans Damian has always been a wealthy child (same as Bruce), but not being able to rely on your parents for love, support, and care for your physical and mental wellbeing is kinda a core theme for Damian. When Bruce had amnesia and Talia was still dead he was practically an orphan. Alfred, Dick and Jon are all in their own way gone right now. Bruce hasn't been written as caring or loving towards his family in a long time. The one who needs to think about Martha's words is Bruce, not Damian.

Please don't make me read something along the lines of "You always knew where your place in life was, because your last name is Wayne" nonsense again.

Edit: I do have faith in Tom Taylor to give us a good story and so far he has done a good job with Damian, but the last year has made me develope trust issues when it comes to the batfamily and writers brushing aside how shitty Bruce is to them.
    Last edited by Ansa; 12-09-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    timthumb.jpeg.jpg
    timthumb.jpeg-1.jpg
    But Lucius, I'm already not taking care of my own orphans let alone my own blood son, you can't seriously expect me to look after strange orphans now too...

I'm looking forward to read Detective Comics 1017 either way, but I would be happier if all that talk about the importance of having people who love and care for you in the flashback isn't just about orphans but is used to reflect how Bruce treats his children as well.

Having Damian show up only so Bruce can teach him something about how orphans have it hard and Damian needs to learn a lesson about humility or something would be disappointing in my opinion. Yes, in contrast to most orphans Damian has always been a wealthy child (same as Bruce), but not being able to rely on your parents for love, support, and care for your physical and mental wellbeing is kinda a core theme for Damian. When Bruce had amnesia and Talia was still dead he was practically an orphan. Alfred, Dick and Jon are all in their own way gone right now. Bruce hasn't been written as caring or loving towards his family in a long time. The one who needs to think about Martha's words is Bruce, not Damian.

Please don't make me read something along the lines of "You always knew where your place in life was, because your last name is Wayne" nonsense again.

Edit: I do have faith in Tom Taylor to give us a good story and so far he has done a good job with Damian, but the last year has made me develope trust issues when it comes to the batfamily and writers brushing aside how shitty Bruce is to them.
    Since it's about Bruce reaching out to Damian who's already estranged from him I get the feeling this is a story about healing. It sounds like a story about Bruce making amends, learning from the case and trying to do better by his son.

At the very least in order to get Damian to come work with him Bruce is going to have to address and heal whatever the cause of their current fallout is about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Since it's about Bruce reaching out to Damian who's already estranged from him I get the feeling this is a story about healing. It sounds like a story about Bruce making amends, learning from the case and trying to do better by his son.

At the very least in order to get Damian to come work with him Bruce is going to have to address and heal whatever the cause of their current fallout is about.
    That's what I'm hoping for. That Bruce remembers that every child deserves to be loved and cared for and that his own family might be a good starting point. I'm interested in other aspects of this story too, but I would be lying if I said this wasn't one of the most important things I want to see from this premise.

It's just some writers do this thing where Batman talks to a kid, or someone who is supposed to take care of a child, about love and support and it clashes hard with the way he acts towards his own family in most comics. I don't think Batman is the best person to lecture other people about this topic. Or maybe he should start heeding his own advice more.

Remember Robin War? Marvel's doing a larger scale version, Outlawed. Instead of just one legacy being banned, it's all teen heroes, and nationally instead of just in one city. Funny thing is, if DC did the same thing, it wouldn't affect Damian and his Teen Titans at all, as they already operate in secret. But that doesn't stop me wondering how he'd react to such a status quo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Remember Robin War? Marvel's doing a larger scale version, Outlawed. Instead of just one legacy being banned, it's all teen heroes, and nationally instead of just in one city. Funny thing is, if DC did the same thing, it wouldn't affect Damian and his Teen Titans at all, as they already operate in secret. But that doesn't stop me wondering how he'd react to such a status quo.
    Wasn't aware the TT were secret. I mean Bruce knows about them.

I feel Damian would rebel and carry on even if Teen heroes were banned though I expect it depends banned by whom and the reason.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Wasn't really a lot in the way of Damian and Bruce reconciling today. Like every other comic they're just sorta...cool again. Damian hinted at some frustration with Bruce's inattentiveness but it was fairly minor and really only one of several things they need to talk about.

That said today's Tec was still pretty good. Felt a bit rushed in some parts, particularly the resolution, but still pretty damn enjoyable.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    This looks like a reference to an anime but I don't know what

Satisfying issue from Taylor.
    The story was touching and emotional and I quite liked Lucius as the new Alfred.
    I wish we had more issues like this. Stories that focus on the human elements, emotional beats and interactions with regular Gotham folks.
    Batman and Robin not fighting a major foe rather saving kids.

It was nice seeing them ditch the costumes and going to confront the bad guy as the Waynes because this was personal. Wayne Foundation/orphanages had their name so it had to be Bruce Wayne and Damian Wayne taking care of it not B&R. No secret Identity.

Highlights for me

spoilers:
    Bruce calling the kids in the orphanage his children
    Bruce apologising
    Damian calling Bruce out on how he's distant with his own kids but when it's kids he doesn't know then he 's caring. A thing that happens a lot. We've all seen panels that make fandom melt of Batman the caring hero being sweet to random kids in need.
    Damian calling the orphanage a store full of Back up Robins
    Damian saying Bruce is more brood than man
    Bruce and Martha
    Damian giving his hood and cape to the cold kid
    The montage of Damian pounding the street for days in really awful weather searching for the kid.
    end of spoilers

It seems the estrangement is down to Bruce being in a mood and closing himself off likely due to Alfred