Page 181 of 272 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4078

I guess he'll get his ass handed to him in the most shameful way (like, the spell will backfire on him, because Wand of Klarion and Klarion is a Lord of Chaos or because of the events of Justice League Dark, if he knows about them).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I guess he'll get his ass handed to him in the most shameful way (like, the spell will backfire on him, because Wand of Klarion and Klarion is a Lord of Chaos or because of the events of Justice League Dark, if he knows about them).
    Yeah, I can see that.
    Can't let anyone not named Selina do anything useful in this run, right?

Or King would do what he did several times, and highlight something as very important (*cough* Martha's body *cough*) only for it to be tossed aside really quick. In which case, Damian could win because Gotham-Girl defeated Captain Atom last issue and Tim and Damian agreed they had no plan (and clearly, now they have, and they had the time to track down the Wand of Klarion, but, well, that's King's run in a nutshell. What happens offscreen happens, no mater the hows and the whys).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Or King would do what he did several times, and highlight something as very important (*cough* Martha's body *cough*) only for it to be tossed aside really quick. In which case, Damian could win because Gotham-Girl defeated Captain Atom last issue and Tim and Damian agreed they had no plan (and clearly, now they have, and they had the time to track down the Wand of Klarion, but, well, that's King's run in a nutshell. What happens offscreen happens, no mater the hows and the whys).
    We already know from solicitations that Damian and probably Tim as well will be in some kind of hostage situation and that Bruce needs to save them. I don't have high hopes that anything those two will do will have a big impact on the story.

Edit: or a positive impact
    Last edited by Ansa; 08-18-2019 at 10:56 AM.

I'd rather Damian was left out of all this. No good can come of it

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Yeah, I can see that.
    Can't let anyone not named Selina do anything useful in this run, right?
    I had this same thought, lol

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'd rather Damian was left out of all this. No good can come of it
    I'm inclined to agree with you. Though ultimately I think it comes down to how Damian is handled overall. But given what we've seen in these type stories as of late, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up.

Adorable
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-18-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Daw. Poor Jon. Its little things like that, that really burn me up that Bendis did the age up (could have done Kara or Conner, but no).

Still, I love these little fancomics with the Super Kids.

Why? Why does King have to mess beloved, already established characters so badly in order to favor Gotham Girl and Selina? Why can't things work naturally? Does he really have to go so far as to undermine everyone's intelligence in order to force his little love story to work? This is so fanfiction-y it's getting hard to read it without worrying about King humiliating the family. I swear there was no need for him to utterly humiliate Captain Atom and yet here we are, and he's so bad working out everyone's personality he's written every single character with a different characterization. I suppose it depends on whether he wants us to pity them or to prop Selina up. Damian not caring about Alfred's safety is not coherent at all. Tim and Damian doing something so reckless and having to be saved by Batman (I suppose he'll use both of them to stop Batman from moping and do his damn job already) just so that the whole ship ordeal can work... this is just such an insult to everyone. He's already done a living parody of almost everyone in the family (apparently dying and reviving is not traumatic enough for a ten year old kid and someone who dug his way out of his grave to joke about) and now he's about to mock both Damian and Tim after handling them terribly and punching Tim down to the floor... not much I can expect out of this issue, but hell I can't wait until someone else takes over. The current Tomasi run in 'Tec is so much endearing and handles the characters properly for a change without the need to kick someone in the balls in order to push some ridiculous shipping agenda (reminder that Batman never stopped being Batman because his son died, and yet he's been moping for issues on end because of a failed relationship which has turned him into a psychopath moronic enough to break every tie he had with every person important to him over the course of only one arc).

Damn, I seriously hate this run. I swear I was so hyped when it started and it looked like Batman was getting better. Now it's just self depricating fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arthur IV View Post
    Why? Why does King have to mess beloved, already established characters so badly in order to favor Gotham Girl and Selina? Why can't things work naturally? Does he really have to go so far as to undermine everyone's intelligence in order to force his little love story to work? This is so fanfiction-y it's getting hard to read it without worrying about King humiliating the family. I swear there was no need for him to utterly humiliate Captain Atom and yet here we are, and he's so bad working out everyone's personality he's written every single character with a different characterization. I suppose it depends on whether he wants us to pity them or to prop Selina up. Damian not caring about Alfred's safety is not coherent at all. Tim and Damian doing something so reckless and having to be saved by Batman (I suppose he'll use both of them to stop Batman from moping and do his damn job already) just so that the whole ship ordeal can work... this is just such an insult to everyone. He's already done a living parody of almost everyone in the family (apparently dying and reviving is not traumatic enough for a ten year old kid and someone who dug his way out of his grave to joke about) and now he's about to mock both Damian and Tim after handling them terribly and punching Tim down to the floor... not much I can expect out of this issue, but hell I can't wait until someone else takes over. The current Tomasi run in 'Tec is so much endearing and handles the characters properly for a change without the need to kick someone in the balls in order to push some ridiculous shipping agenda (reminder that Batman never stopped being Batman because his son died, and yet he's been moping for issues on end because of a failed relationship which has turned him into a psychopath moronic enough to break every tie he had with every person important to him over the course of only one arc).

Damn, I seriously hate this run. I swear I was so hyped when it started and it looked like Batman was getting better. Now it's just self depricating fanfiction.

He doesn't have to. There's no need to embellish or throw others under the bus especially family members who are not love rivals to prop up his shitty ship.

Selina and the robins occupy different areas in his life and heart. There is absolutely no need to do this. I wonder if King is actually a Batcat fan How is it that in 70+ Issues he hasn't even tried to make Selina a part of the Batfamily?

I thought this run was funny to start with but now I feel like my intelligence is being insulted.

Mosameen

He doesn't have to. There's no need to embellish or throw others under the bus especially family members who are not love rivals to prop up his shitty ship.

Selina and the robins occupy different areas in his life and heart. There is absolutely no need to do this. I wonder if King is actually a Batcat fan How is it that in 70+ Issues he hasn't even tried to make Selina a part of the Batfamily?

I thought this run was funny to start with but now I feel like my intelligence is being insulted.
    He doesn't look like a BatCat fan. For me he is writer he want to sell his book and since his run is with every new issue becomes more boring and meaningless his only hope to continue selling is BatCat.

He's already done Talia dirty in order to show Selina as the kind of person motherly enough to fully comprehend Bruce's children in spite of her actual criminal background. This of course makes no actual sense. Selina has undergone decades of switching between half assedly trying to take on a hero posture and then afterwards throwing it all away to pursue her true goal of being a villain. This run has a bodycount for the characters that had to die in order to make Selina look like some kind of misunderstood hero. Why do we have to feel pity for her? Wasn't she a strong character prior to this run? She doesn't need King's validation in order to work, but his run makes her look moronic. The same with about everyone else. The reason the scene between Talia and Selina worked in Hush is coherence: Selina loves Bruce, but even throughout the body of work she doesn't act like she's dependent on his every emotion like they're some kind of creepy symbiote. She's on her own, there's no bat and cat shenanigans anywhere (I swear if I ever read a dialogue like that again I'll actually throw myself out a window).
    Last edited by Sir Arthur IV; 08-19-2019 at 09:19 AM.