Page 172 of 272 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4078

Bruce receiving advices from Damian.. He is still having 10 years in the films?

Is his only revelant moment in this film.. right?

I saw one BIG gallery of images and ONLY NIGHTWING and CATWOMAN are revelant as Bruce allies..

I am not one BatxCat fan.. See her more revelant even than Nightwing in this film is not interesting for me..
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-28-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Bruce receiving advices from Damian.. He is still having 10 years in the films?

Is his only revelant moment in this film.. right?

I saw one BIG gallery of images and ONLY NIGHTWING and CATWOMAN are revelant as Bruce allies..

I am not one BatxCat fan.. See her more revelant even than Nightwing in this film is not interesting for me..
    I enjoyed Damian in this. Wasn't expecting him to have a big role since Robin didn't have a large role in Hush though from the fuss some fans are making you'd think Robin had the starring role in the original story.

I enjoyed this movie. Didn't mind the changes be I was expecting an adaptation also wasn't a huge fan of the original story so I welcomed the changes.

Damian is much older than 10 here.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-29-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Then we have to agree to disagree before this discussion about Morrison's Jason goes even more off-topic (maybe we can continue it somewhere else at another time when you have re-read Batman & Robin and I have read Battle for the Cowl - which won't happen very soon. I already know the basic story, and I don't like it).

But I also don't believe that Damian hitting Joker with a crowbar was anywhere near a retaliation for Jason (even if the thought is nice). For the Robin mantle in general, sure, but for Jason personally? I don't believe so. The story is only a few issues after the Flamingo story. And Damian hates Jason in that story. That would be a big change of heart for Damian that he suddenly cares about Jason. Even nowadays it seems still questionable if Damian cares about Jason or not. Maybe it sounds a little pessimistic but after Damian has accused Jason twice this year of being a villain (The Other's ally, Leviathan) I'm losing faith that Damian accepts Jason as a brother.

Which is a shame. Dick and Damian is great and all, but there is more than one way of having a brotherly relationship and Damian could explore this with Jason (and Tim, and maybe even Duke).
    Considering that Aside from Babs that Damian is the smartest member of the family I find it extremely OCC that he made the extremely call that Jason is Leviathan. Why and how ? That's just nonsense. Not to mention that Damian while I don't believe he hates Jason clearly doesn't rate him enough to believe that he can possibly pull off something like be leviathan. That isn't supported by any material. Which is why everyone and no one buys the premise. You are the 1st person I've seen take that accusation seriously.

He didn't even suspect his mum who was Leviathan or grayson who was a Spy and is currently more traumatised than Jason. The whole thing is nonsense.
    Same with the half a story of TT. The fact that Damian would attack Jason without evidence or even accept his help is OCC. Why would you go to someone who you view as a failure to help you overcome a failure.

It seems to me that DC is determined to ensure that Damian and Jason are just at loggerheads which is a shame but the even greater shame is that this is being achieved by throwing Damian under the bus and sabotaging his character.

He has been written by over 16 writers since Rebirth and it's under these new writers that he's stupid and when it comes to Jason.

If this is DC's idea of brotherly relationships then I'd rather they just stick to Dick and Damian at least that way no brother is getting ruined and the relationship is mutually beneficial.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Considering that Aside from Babs that Damian is the smartest member of the family I find it extremely OCC that he made the extremely call that Jason is Leviathan. Why and how ? That's just nonsense. Not to mention that Damian while I don't believe he hates Jason clearly doesn't rate him enough to believe that he can possibly pull off something like be leviathan. That isn't supported by any material. Which is why everyone and no one buys the premise. You are the 1st person I've seen take that accusation seriously.

He didn't even suspect his mum who was Leviathan or grayson who was a Spy and is currently more traumatised than Jason. The whole thing is nonsense.
    Same with the half a story of TT. The fact that Damian would attack Jason without evidence or even accept his help is OCC. Why would you go to someone who you view as a failure to help you overcome a failure.

It seems to me that DC is determined to ensure that Damian and Jason are just at loggerheads which is a shame but the even greater shame is that this is being achieved by throwing Damian under the bus and sabotaging his character.

He has been written by over 16 writers since Rebirth and it's under these new writers that he's stupid and when it comes to Jason.

If this is DC's idea of brotherly relationships then I'd rather they just stick to Dick and Damian at least that way no brother is getting ruined and the relationship is mutually beneficial.
    I don't think it's that hard to believe Jason (or any of the Robins really) could do a Leviathan type event if they he was motivated enough to do so. The problem is Bendis didn't even attempt to present a believable argument on why it could've been him in favor of saying he did because of Roy's death. Because of that, nobody (myself included) believes he did it because the audience has yet to be given a reason to believe it. Damian being the one to originally suggest it didn't help either.

There's no denying Glass has failed to properly develop the Damian and Jason partnership. A mistake that doesn't seem likely to corrected anytime soon which is a shame since there's so much untapped potential there. For the most part, DC's attempts to explore and develop it so far have been... underwhelming to say the least.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I disagree. You are actually the first person I've seen that thinks that Damian was joking in Event Leviathan. What else am I supposed to do than taking Damian serious? It's not funny to accuse someone of being a villain - and Damian doesn't strike me as a comedian anyway. It would be pretty cruel of him to accuse Jason out of sheer fun so that everyone else hunts him down. Doesn't he realize that the others will probably throw Jason into prison or - depending on who gets to him first - hurt him physically?

And at no point I've claimed that Damian's actions are in-character. But OOCness isn't a reason that the whole story stops to exist. Otherwise a lot of stories with Jason after Under the Red Hood and before New52 would have been erased immediately (instead of waiting for the next big crisis in order to do some "cleaning") and Ric Grayson would have never happened.

I also disagree with Damian being the second smartest member of the family. But I'd also disagree with any ranking. There is more than one way of being smart. There are at least nine types of intelligence - and there are infinitely many fields of knowledge. It would be idiotic to compare Einstein with Sherlock Holmes, Mozart with Mahatma Gandhi or Leonardo da Vinci with Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for example. They are all smart in their own way. Yes, there are a lot of fields that Damian excels in. It would be strange if that wasn't the case, because after all Damian was created that way. He has the best genes and the best education given in an optimal surrounding for molding a kid into - to keep it short - a little Batman. But there are also areas in which other batfamily characters excel. That's how life is. You can't be the best or one of the best in everything.

Not defending the writer, but that's not the first time Damian attacks Jason out of nowhere and for no good reason. Back in Batman & Robin #11 Damian hid a crowbar in Jason's bed and then attacked him from behind - and back then Jason was already a sane person having his own adventures while occasionally fighting alongside the batfamily. The same is true even sooner for Batman Inc. when Jason and Damian team up as Wingman and Redbird. Damian completely ignores Jason's messages and rather prefers to feed his cat although Jason's messages are clear that the situation is bad. So Glass' didn't start the trend.

It sucks when the favorite character gets thrown under the bus and sabotaged - I know from experience, obviously. But I still hope that there'll be a writer who prefers stories about four brothers (maybe even about five brothers and a sister) more than cheap drama. Maybe we are even lucky and Glass is going to fix the broken relationship between Damian and Jason, we can't forget that Glass also wrote a good crossover together with Priest, and the other Teen Titans are enjoyable. It's just the strange relationship between Damian and Jason that rubs me the wrong way.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-29-2019 at 11:30 AM.

02png

And something from 2016. It's old, but it's cute - and cute stuff has to be reposted every once in a while so that new fans can experience the cuteness too.

0yongyong0

What even happened to Goliath? I can't remember the last time I've seen him in main continuity. Although I do remember his Batman Beyond appearance.

02png

And something from 2016. It's old, but it's cute - and cute stuff has to be reposted every once in a while so that new fans can experience the cuteness too.

0yongyong0

What even happened to Goliath? I can't remember the last time I've seen him in main continuity. Although I do remember his Batman Beyond appearance.
    Goliath popped up early on in Super Sons. More than that, no clue.

I disagree. You are actually the first person I've seen that thinks that Damian was joking in Event Leviathan. What else am I supposed to do than taking Damian serious? It's not funny to accuse someone of being a villain - and Damian doesn't strike me as a comedian anyway. It would be pretty cruel of him to accuse Jason out of sheer fun so that everyone else hunts him down. Doesn't he realize that the others will probably throw Jason into prison or - depending on who gets to him first - hurt him physically?

And at no point I've claimed that Damian's actions are in-character. But OOCness isn't a reason that the whole story stops to exist. Otherwise a lot of stories with Jason after Under the Red Hood and before New52 would have been erased immediately (instead of waiting for the next big crisis in order to do some "cleaning") and Ric Grayson would have never happened.

I also disagree with Damian being the second smartest member of the family. But I'd also disagree with any ranking. There is more than one way of being smart. There are at least nine types of intelligence - and there are infinitely many fields of knowledge. It would be idiotic to compare Einstein with Sherlock Holmes, Mozart with Mahatma Gandhi or Leonardo da Vinci with Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for example. They are all smart in their own way. Yes, there are a lot of fields that Damian excels in. It would be strange if that wasn't the case, because after all Damian was created that way. He has the best genes and the best education given in an optimal surrounding for molding a kid into - to keep it short - a little Batman. But there are also areas in which other batfamily characters excel. That's how life is. You can't be the best or one of the best in everything.

Not defending the writer, but that's not the first time Damian attacks Jason out of nowhere and for no good reason. Back in Batman & Robin #11 Damian hid a crowbar in Jason's bed and then attacked him from behind - and back then Jason was already a sane person having his own adventures while occasionally fighting alongside the batfamily. The same is true even sooner for Batman Inc. when Jason and Damian team up as Wingman and Redbird. Damian completely ignores Jason's messages and rather prefers to feed his cat although Jason's messages are clear that the situation is bad. So Glass' didn't start the trend.

It sucks when the favorite character gets thrown under the bus and sabotaged - I know from experience, obviously. But I still hope that there'll be a writer who prefers stories about four brothers (maybe even about five brothers and a sister) more than cheap drama. Maybe we are even lucky and Glass is going to fix the broken relationship between Damian and Jason, we can't forget that Glass also wrote a good crossover together with Priest, and the other Teen Titans are enjoyable. It's just the strange relationship between Damian and Jason that rubs me the wrong way.
    Well I guess we have to disagree and since this is an appreciation thread it isn't the right place to continue but at least we are in agreement that it'll be wonderful if a writer comes along who is more interested in exploring their relationships in a positive and balanced way. Damian and Jason occupy different enough roles that it really isn't necessary to sabotage /nerf one for the other.

Fingers crossed Glass picks up the thread and does more in a positive way. That was what i had hoped for when he first announced they were working together. The batverse already has more than enough angst and drama no need to force more.
    And rebirth started the bat boys on such a positive note.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-30-2019 at 01:45 AM.

02png

0yongyong0

Great art uploads thanks @ Sergard
    02 I recently discovered but I've really been loving his art.
    0Yongyongtata I've always loved his baby Damian and batfamily art and mini comics.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The War of the Robins is pretty straight forward Damian set out to best the robins and take something from them to prove that he was worthy of the mantle. That isn't attacking Jason out of nowhere and the fact that Damian would ignore Wingman and didn't see why his father would be working with Jason Todd indicates that Damian thinks he can best Jason, doesn't trust him and that he doesn't respect him or value him. That makes him accusing Jason of being head of Leviathan 100% not believable.
    It also makes him accepting Jason's offer for advice/mentor-ship again unbelievable. You don't tend to go to people you look down on for advice.

I guess Segard is right that no matter how OCC it is that's still canon so I guess in canon Damian doesn't trust Jason but he also totally trust Jason enough to take his advice on stealing from his dad [another occ and contradictory characterisation]. Lord forbid two stories not outright contradict each other.

I'm not holding my breathe for Glass. I don't think the guy likes or even understands Damian not to mention that based on his handling of Damian and his SS run he loves Cheap drama. This is the guy that strapped a bomb to a Muslim character with little regard to accurate justification.

The crossover the difference is clear in the Priest parts and the Glass parts. The Damian /Deathstroke part that Priest has been working on long before Percy even got TT was the bases of the crossover. the meat of it that's way it worked. The traitor rubbish that glass has been writing wasn't. So I wouldn't give Glass credit for ideas that were around long before he was anywhere near a TT's book.

It's a shame writers are so reluctant to explore healthy relationships between the robins. I think that concept would be very popular and successful. One only needs to look at social media to see how popular the concept is.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 07-30-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Here's the page with Flamingo and Damian.

Oops

10 characters

Since when is Damian Muslim?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The War of the Robins is pretty straight forward Damian set out to best the robins and take something from them to prove that he was worthy of the mantle. That isn't attacking Jason out of nowhere and the fact that Damian would ignore Wingman and didn't see why his father would be working with Jason Todd indicates that Damian thinks he can best Jason, doesn't trust him and that he doesn't respect him or value him. That makes him accusing Jason of being head of Leviathan 100% not believable.
    It also makes him accepting Jason's offer for advice/mentor-ship again unbelievable. You don't tend to go to people you look down on for advice.

I guess Segard is right that no matter how OCC it is that's still canon so I guess in canon Damian doesn't trust Jason but he also totally trust Jason enough to take his advice on stealing from his dad [another occ and contradictory characterisation]. Lord forbid two stories not outright contradict each other.

I'm not holding my breathe for Glass. I don't think the guy likes or even understands Damian not to mention that based on his handling of Damian and his SS run he loves Cheap drama. This is the guy that strapped a bomb to a Muslim character with little regard to accurate justification.

The crossover the difference is clear in the Priest parts and the Glass parts. The Damian /Deathstroke part that Priest has been working on long before Percy even got TT was the bases of the crossover. the meat of it that's way it worked. The traitor rubbish that glass has been writing wasn't. So I wouldn't give Glass credit for ideas that were around long before he was anywhere near a TT's book.

It's a shame writers are so reluctant to explore healthy relationships between the robins. I think that concept would be very popular and successful. One only needs to look at social media to see how popular the concept is.
    Damian may be Arabic, but the al'Ghuls are most certainly NOT Muslim.