Page 82 of 272 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 4078

Last edited by dietrich; 03-18-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    There's also an Interview with the writer where he talks about re-imagining the characters and the reason for Damian's name change.

Here's the link

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...mpression=true

I read the interview earlier and He's not wrong on the secondary associations the Damian might have for a lot of people who are not aware of the meaning but in and out of story. So yeah.

Still don't like Ian. I mean the supersons are pretty much John and Jon! They are JoJo's

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I read the interview earlier and He's not wrong on the secondary associations the Damian might have for a lot of people who are not aware of the meaning but in and out of story. So yeah.

Still don't like Ian. I mean the supersons are pretty much John and Jon! They are JoJo's
    There's always time for a Jojo's reference

ohhh poor Bruce... That may just be the worst thing anyone has ever done to him :P

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    ohhh poor Bruce... That may just be the worst thing anyone has ever done to him :P
    Lol. Quick! Where's Thomas and a Horse when you need them?

Ugh Thomas... May he get stomped over by the Bat-cow. Damian can then adopt the Horse, the Horse is innocent...

There's also an Interview with the writer where he talks about re-imagining the characters and the reason for Damian's name change.

Here's the link

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...mpression=true

Curious to read this and find out what his re imagined origin is.
    My guess is still with the LoA because Bruce appears to be a pretty hands on single parent and Damian in another preview doesn't seem to be on good terms with his mother.
    I understand Bruce not letting his kid be Robin. No caring parent or adult lets a child become a vigilante. That has always made Bruce look bad and this title appears to be very socially aware.

I like the vibe I get from Damian in the panels shown and the video. His outfit still cracks me up though.

Teen Titans #28 preview

The Teen Titans haven’t always met with success since Damian Wayne reformed the team back in last summer’s TEEN TITANS #20…but they’d better find their A-game quickly. While Damian is still recovering from a recent battle with Red Hood (the less said about that, the better, as far as Robin is concerned), he’s nevertheless set his sights on a new criminal target—Deathstroke. In last week’s DEATHSTROKE #41, it was revealed that Damian has a plan in motion to bring down the longtime Titans nemesis, who seems to be an agent of the mysterious and deadly crime lord known as The Other.

Damian’s plan will come to light in Wednesday’s TEEN TITANS #28, which kicks off “The Terminus Agenda,” a thrilling new four-part crossover between Adam Glass and Bernard Chang’s Teen Titans and Christopher Priest and Carlo Pagulayan’s Deathstroke. However, first he’ll need to convince the Titans that they’re ready for this mission, something which they’re not the least bit confident about

Can you really blame them? In recent months, Damian, Red Arrow, Kid Flash, Djinn, Crush and Roundhouse have found themselves knocked down by super-villains and their own insecurities, and while they’ve all gradually grown closer to each other, they’re still not always tight as a team. But to bring down Slade Wilson, they’ll need to put all their doubts aside and work together more effectively than ever before. Because as Deathstroke has proven time and time again, he doesn’t lose often, and he doesn’t think twice about putting his enemies down permanently. No matter how young they happen to be.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...et-deathstroke

It begins.

That write-up is pretty BS since there's an illegal jail packed full of success's. The team has had one loss. An attempt to create shortcomings and weaknesses to compensate for the feat they are about to pull off.

Also the shade on Black Mask [some street level criminal]

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Curious to read this and find out what his re imagined origin is.
    My guess is still with the LoA because Bruce appears to be a pretty hands on single parent and Damian in another preview doesn't seem to be on good terms with his mother.
    I understand Bruce not letting his kid be Robin. No caring parent or adult lets a child become a vigilante. That has always made Bruce look bad and this title appears to be very socially aware.

I like the vibe I get from Damian in the panels shown and the video. His outfit still cracks me up though.
    He's got the **** eating grin down alright.
    Not sure what's going on with jon in that panel above. looks like He bit his tongue.

Teen Titans #28 preview

The Teen Titans haven’t always met with success since Damian Wayne reformed the team back in last summer’s TEEN TITANS #20…but they’d better find their A-game quickly. While Damian is still recovering from a recent battle with Red Hood (the less said about that, the better, as far as Robin is concerned), he’s nevertheless set his sights on a new criminal target—Deathstroke. In last week’s DEATHSTROKE #41, it was revealed that Damian has a plan in motion to bring down the longtime Titans nemesis, who seems to be an agent of the mysterious and deadly crime lord known as The Other.

Damian’s plan will come to light in Wednesday’s TEEN TITANS #28, which kicks off “The Terminus Agenda,” a thrilling new four-part crossover between Adam Glass and Bernard Chang’s Teen Titans and Christopher Priest and Carlo Pagulayan’s Deathstroke. However, first he’ll need to convince the Titans that they’re ready for this mission, something which they’re not the least bit confident about

Can you really blame them? In recent months, Damian, Red Arrow, Kid Flash, Djinn, Crush and Roundhouse have found themselves knocked down by super-villains and their own insecurities, and while they’ve all gradually grown closer to each other, they’re still not always tight as a team. But to bring down Slade Wilson, they’ll need to put all their doubts aside and work together more effectively than ever before. Because as Deathstroke has proven time and time again, he doesn’t lose often, and he doesn’t think twice about putting his enemies down permanently. No matter how young they happen to be.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...et-deathstroke

It begins.

That write-up is pretty BS since there's an illegal jail packed full of success's. The team has had one loss. An attempt to create shortcomings and weaknesses to compensate for the feat they are about to pull off.

Also the shade on Black Mask [some street level criminal]
    What was the point of Jason in this book? He did nothing aside from beat Damian up and advice / teach a kid who can afford to give 3 mil to charities to steal money to cover his costs. Which i suppose are thing's batman would never do but I expected him to offer alternatives in different way. I expected him to give tips on crime fighting techniques that we won't expect from Batman.

Deathstroke is the one that's going to make Damian extreme it looks like.

Looking forward to the face off but still disappointed with the mentor arc. Jason wasn't much of a mentor. Looks like Slade going to succeed and he's not a good mentor for a Robin.

Dick Grayson where are you? We need you. Everything's going to **** without you
    Last edited by Fergus; 03-19-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What was the point of Jason in this book? He did nothing aside from beat Damian up and advice / teach a kid who can afford to give 3 mil to charities to steal money to cover his costs. Which i suppose are thing's batman would never do but I expected him to offer alternatives in different way. I expected him to give tips on crime fighting techniques that we won't expect from Batman.

Deathstroke is the one that's going to make Damian extreme it looks like.

Looking forward to the face off but still disappointed with the mentor arc. Jason wasn't much of a mentor. Looks like Slade going to succeed and he's not a good mentor for a Robin.

Dick Grayson where are you? We need you. Everything's going to **** without you
    Times like this you need a good Dick but all we got is a Ric This is why Bruce gets the Ride of shame and Damian kills Slade.

All because we have Ric and not Dick Grayson. It's all on Ric

Times like this you need a good Dick but all we got is a Ric This is why Bruce gets the Ride of shame and Damian kills Slade.

All because we have Ric and not Dick Grayson. It's all on Ric
    Very funny .

Now we know the reason why it was so important that Grayson had to be Riced. He's function in the lives of Bruce and Damian. What he means to them.

The current batman and TT story arc's couldn't happen if Ric Grayson was still Dick Grayson
    Last edited by Fergus; 03-19-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Tomasi doing a Reddit AMA March 26 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET just fyi

Since we are not getting it in the comics here's Grayson to the rescue
    Taking care of a Damian who's made a bad decisions

https://twitter.com/MayhB