Page 225 of 272 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4078

Remember that time Alfred wrote a bad fan fiction with Damian as BatCat's bio kid who goes on become Dick Grayson's Robin?

Alfred is a man of many talents, sadly creative thinking and imagination aren't on that list.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-17-2019 at 12:01 PM.

NYCC
    Original art work from Batman 670 by Tony Daniels

Commission Batman and Robin by Chris Burnham

Chris with Flight Suit Damian cos Player

https://twitter.com/TheBurnham
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-17-2019 at 12:22 PM.

I was happy with that story Damian "first appearance"(different mother) in the animated world..

WOW I like that art.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah but you what there's a difference between beating someone to a pulp so that they end up laid up in bed and stopping an attacker. A 13yr old one at that even if it's a 13yr old that can be ruthless and has handed you you're arse a couple of times.

People vilify Bruce for beating Jason up but it's okay for Jason to do the same/actually much worse to Damian? One is a victim with a traumatised past the other is an entitled lil **** who needs to be put in his place?

Fans are biased towards their favourite but regardless of what context you put it in, Jason beat him to a pulp that went beyond self defence.
    Threatening to kill Damian and his team mates also goes beyond self defence.

The box was personal to Jason you what so was endangering Damian's Team and so was tarnishing the Bat symbol by shooting a villain[with blanks] after promising Batman you won't. There's the context.

Damian thought he had been betrayed by the guy who rang him up out of the blue offering his mentor-ship and info only for said info to lead to a set up.

Speaking of mentor-ship. How exactly did Jason mentor Damian? Damian didn't contact him and wouldn't have told him of his new team so how did he know and what is his role in Damian's covert activities? Glass never filled the blanks and no one brought this up but it is a gaping plot hole.

Jason knew about the prison. He also gave Damian info on at least one of the inmates. Did he suggest it or just supply Damian info on a list of possible jail candidates? I assumed Damian was picking up Bruce's bad habits but Jason also had Penguin locked up.

I wish Glass had put more effort into setting up and structuring his book. All the pages wasted on pointless romance plot would have been better used to give us all these missing necessary information.
    I kinda of feel like you could just remove Jason from the plot. I completely forgot about him being involved in this book and to be honest if Glass never addresses it again that would be fine by me. Jason and really most of the Batman characters don't need to be there. Dick and Alfred fine because of Alfred taking care of Damian and Dick's history as one of founding Titans. Other than that I would rather not see Bat family members involved in this book its Teen Titans it meant to take the Robin's outside of fold of the Bat family to establish them in wider DC Universe. Also, romance plots are kind of what Teen Titans is known for a lot of relationships in modern comics have their foundations in Teen Titans.

What happened with Round sister was one accident. Even Damian was more pacific than the usual here. He regrets about this.

But this guy hate forced him to make horrible things.. Poor Djin manipulated and sealed in the ring again to make him suffer.(and even more with crush)

Imagine that the criminals escape.. They will continue creating chaos again and killing innocent peopel thanks to this "hero" idea to release them..

I think that change their minds to force them to avoid the evil way is not anything terrible.

Djinn erased their past to give them a 2nd chance.. I canīt see anything terrible here..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-17-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    What happened with Round sister was one accident

Even Damian was more pacific than the usual here.

But this guy hate forced him to make horrible things.. Poor Djin manipulated and sealed in the ring again.

Imagine that the criminals escape.. They will continue creating chaos again and killing innocent peopel thanks to this "hero" idea to release them..

I think that change their minds to force them to avoid the evil way is not anything terrible.

Djinn erased their past to give them a 2nd chance.. I canīt see anything terrible here..
    I feel the same way about it. The more and more I look back at stories like this and Identity Crisis the more I think of you could stop the Joker and the Dr. Light's of the world this way without killing or having them go back and forth into prison why wouldn't you? Can we honestly say we wouldn't do this to the Joker? Whose to say we couldn't use this to turn people like Harvey Dent back to who they once were. Looking back the only problem I had with Identity Crisis was that they used on Batman and criminals like Selina.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I was happy with that story Damian "first appearance"(different mother) in the animated world..

WOW I like that art.
    Wasn't a fan. Altered a key part of the character. Robbed him of his personality. It presented a boring forgettable take on the character. A nothing character.

It was a unnecessary change just use Helena or an original character.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Is it just me or would anyone else buy the hell out of a series starring Damian, Jason, and Cassandra?
    Hmmm.. Incluso Steph too(I like her relation with Damian) and I buy all the serie.

Fantastic Member

I feel like Brave and the Bold did that simply because Damian was getting more well known at that point. Also, Helena Bertinelli was in the show as Huntress. Unless the viewer follows DC comics history they could come into the episode very confused. They are presented very similarly both are dark haired, purple costume wearing vigilantes with Bat family ties. Unless you keep them with their last names included you can easily think it's the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I kinda of feel like you could just remove Jason from the plot. I completely forgot about him being involved in this book and to be honest if Glass never addresses it again that would be fine by me. Jason and really most of the Batman characters don't need to be there. Dick and Alfred fine because of Alfred taking care of Damian and Dick's history as one of founding Titans. Other than that I would rather not see Bat family members involved in this book its Teen Titans it meant to take the Robin's outside of fold of the Bat family to establish them in wider DC Universe. Also, romance plots are kind of what Teen Titans is known for a lot of relationships in modern comics have their foundations in Teen Titans.
    I agree that the series doesn't need the rest of the batfamily. Just wish the writer had used the two in this arc well. Jason and Alfred.

I have no doubt that Glass is aware of what's going on in King's batman so odd choice to write Alfred acting pious and giving the 'I disapprove speech' when only a few weeks earlier we saw him manning Bruce's own personal jail. Not to mention that Glass as the TT writer knew that the whole plot for his next TT issue was have Damian attempt to give Jason the Bruce Wayne special.

It smack of hypocrisy and purposefully distorting the truth on Alfred's part. It added nothing yet made Alfred look bad. I could have done without it

Yet more wasted panels that could have been used elsewhere.

Glass wanted a voice of reason attempting to stop Damian as he crosses over to the dark side. To pull him back from carrying out his next big shocking plans with this hyped up so very dangerous mystery box. I get that but....

Why have Alfred say Damian was becoming like Ra's when all Glass has had him do is repeat the last 2 negative things of note the Batman was shown doing in comics. one with Alfred's help and the other Alfred wasn't present but is aware of and isn't bothered about.

I'm not even going to touch the part about Damian knowing who he was in contrast to Jason. Alfred is old but he's not senile. He knows both boys and their insecurities very well. He wouldn't say those nonsense words he'd make a different speech while trying to dis courage Damian

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I agree that the series doesn't need the rest of the batfamily. Just wish the writer had used the two in this arc well. Jason and Alfred.

I have no doubt that Glass is aware of what's going on in King's batman so odd choice to write Alfred acting pious and giving the 'I disapprove speech' when only a few weeks earlier we saw him manning Bruce's own personal jail. Not to mention that Glass as the TT writer knew that the whole plot for his next TT issue was have Damian attempt to give Jason the Bruce Wayne special.

It smack of hypocrisy and purposefully distorting the truth on Alfred's part. It added nothing yet made Alfred look bad. I could have done without it

Yet more wasted panels that could have been used elsewhere.

Glass wanted a voice of reason attempting to stop Damian as he crosses over to the dark side. To pull him back from carrying out his next big shocking plans with this hyped up so very dangerous mystery box. I get that but....

Why have Alfred say Damian was becoming like Ra's when all Glass has had him do is repeat the last 2 negative things of note the Batman was shown doing in comics. one with Alfred's help and the other Alfred wasn't present but is aware of and isn't bothered about.

I'm not even going to touch the part about Damian knowing who he was in contrast to Jason. Alfred is old but he's not senile. He knows both boys and their insecurities very well. He wouldn't say those nonsense words he'd make a different speech while trying to dis courage Damian
    I think Glass was trying to have a moment were Damian could see some disapproval of his actions but Glass went about it the wrong way. He did not need to use Aldred or Jason to make that point he just needs to use Damian's teammates and the consequences of his actions to make that point. Which I think he what he finally understood with the way he used Roundhouse in this issue and the consequences with Djinn.

Extraordinary Member

I think Glass was trying to have a moment were Damian could see some disapproval of his actions but Glass went about it the wrong way. He did not need to use Aldred or Jason to make that point he just needs to use Damian's teammates and the consequences of his actions to make that point. Which I think he what he finally understood with the way he used Roundhouse in this issue and the consequences with Djinn.
    did roundhouse set Crush up, i am suddenly wondering when he was geniune when he was planning stuff

Fantastic Member

Oh, I completely think he knew what he was doing. When Joystick said that Djinn could only think about Robin to Crush he was there. Yet, he is the one who later turns out to be the traitor and influenced Crush's jealousy of Damian. Not to mention if he didn't know about Damian's or Crush's feelings for Djinn why did he use her to manipulate them? Finally, if he wanted to hurt Damian he could have done it a number of ways and he did by hurting Djinn.

Roundhouse totally was manipulating the team he not only kept Djinn from stopping him by taking her ring but, he also got Crush to almost harm Damian multiple times because of her jealousy. I don't like Roundhouse but if look at the stuff he has done he really was a great traitor. Even better than Terra.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 10-17-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, I completely think he knew what he was doing. When Joystick said that Djinn could only think about Robin to Crush he was there. Yet, he is the one who later turns out to be the traitor and influenced Crush's jealousy of Damian. Not to mention if he didn't know about Damian's or Crush's feelings for Djinn why did he use her to manipulate them? Finally, if he wanted to hurt Damian he could have done it a number of ways and he did by hurting Djinn.

Roundhouse totally was manipulating the team he not only kept Djinn from stopping him by taking her ring but, he also got Crush to almost harm Damian multiple times because of her jealousy. I don't like Roundhouse but if look at the stuff he has done he really was a great traitor. Even better than Terra.
    Become a monster to expose one

Incredible Member

Does anyone think Damian's more personal trauma, not only losing Alfred as did everyone else but also having to watch it, will get adressed some way once this is over or are we in for several issues of only focussing on Bruce and his pain?
    I'm still miffed that we never got Damian's reaction to Ric, even though we know from Nightwing Damian was one of the people that were there when he woke up.