Page 242 of 272 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4078
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Also, based on this I am not against this version of Damian being the "other." I like villains with alternate reality connections because you get to see what happens if a character made a certain decision over another. Just my opinion wouldn't mind if Glass used this idea in Teen Titans. Almost like his own version of the Titans of Tomorrow story.
    Personally I'm burned out on evil alternate versions of anyone, but especially evil alternate versions of the batfamily. DC metal had a bunch of evil Bruce Waynes and Snyder pushes The Batman Who Laughs pretty hard, evil future Tim/Saviour, Tim and Stephanie in the multiverse arc in Young Justice, Damian in Batman Beyond, Injustice and as the Robin to TBWL... I feel like I'm forgetting some stories.
    And together with The Infected and Tales from the Dark Multiverse I'm ready to see something different.
    Plus I'm annoyed that every single time a masked villain appears people start screaming that it has to be future Damian.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Personally I'm burned out on evil alternate versions of anyone, but especially evil alternate versions of the batfamily. DC metal had a bunch of evil Bruce Waynes and Snyder pushes The Batman Who Laughs pretty hard, evil future Tim/Saviour, Tim and Stephanie in the multiverse arc in Young Justice, Damian in Batman Beyond, Injustice and as the Robin to TBWL... I feel like I'm forgetting some stories.
    And together with The Infected and Tales from the Dark Multiverse I'm ready to see something different.
    Plus I'm annoyed that every single time a masked villain appears people start screaming that it has to be future Damian.
    I get what your saying but I never get burned out by those stories because the concept of morality and choice is such a huge part of the Batfamily's storytelling. Weather or not killing is right? How far do we go to protect the world and the people we love from evil? What do we have to give up be successful in our mission? Batman and his supporting cast are characters that the most interesting to read about in a dark multiverse because every thing they do is based on personal choices. Not just to be good or evil but weather or not they choose get up and fight at all.

Bruce Wayne could have chosen to a path of anger and vengeance and never have any compassion for his fellow citizens of Gotham and only focusing on the mission.

Babs could have viewed her life being over after she got shot by the Joker but instead chose to become the DC Universe information broker.

Damian could have tried to conquer the world but instead chooses to protect people it and deny a darker part of his family legacy. That's the main reason I think most people read these stories and still like them with with Batman characters especially because at the core Batman is about choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Steph wasn't evil in YJ.
    Damian saved the world, got Red Hood to stop being evil and saved Batman [in the spin off] in Injustice 2
    Beyond Damian did try to carry out Ra's plan but later became good so not evil.

Injustice 2 and batman Beyond are two of the best thing's that creators have done with Damian since Rebirth. beyond gave me my ideal future for Damian since he goes on to surpass both his father and his grandfather and then change the LOA.

Injustice was a spectacular turnaround. Taylor did amazing work turning Injustice Damian from annoying Superman follower to the hero. The middle ground between two extreme ego's of Batman and Superman.

I don't mind evil versions of characters that's something that's always going to be around for majority of often used characters. I have no interest in seeing heroes who aren't flawed , challenged or who've not taken a different path to their main universe counterparts.

Damian due to his past and being part Al Ghul is always going to have his other side explored. Same with Jason due to his struggles.

heroes will always have their dark side explored. I know some fans always get upset or complain about regression or all of Damian's progress being walked back [even though this isn't the case at all] but they have to realise Damian isn't special. If other heroes can have such stories then why not Damian. Just because it's explored doesn't mean he'll turn out bad in the end.

The Leviathan speculation was due to the clues that pointed to him. If the writer sets up clues that point to a character fans can't help but follow.

Damian as the Other is interesting. I don't think it is though.

I don't mind evil/dark alternates so long as the story is well done. Titans of Tomorrow world already has a Damian so I'd prefer something fresh.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-14-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    What the S**t? Deathstroke #50

So another Dark Universe Damian? And he's got a juice box? This should be interesting.

The Titans but why is everyone wearing their old costumes aside from Dick?

I wonder if this Damian is Dark Uni. Slades kid?

Fantastic Member

I may go back and give Deathstroke a shot. I know some people may not like seeing evil or dark versions of character's but DC has a huge multiverse. Why not play around with it in storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I may go back and give Deathstroke a shot. I know some people may not like seeing evil or dark versions of character's but DC has a huge multiverse. Why not play around with it in storytelling.
    Exactly. It fun and interesting to explore. I like creators getting creative, exploring what if's. That's part of the pro's of having a Multiverse with lots of versions of one character. Exploring what happens depending on choices taken.

Deathstroke I feel is one of the better titles since 2016

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t mind the use of the multiverse to explore “what if” and forcing characters to evaluate their own choices, but I do wish there was a little more balance, you know? Surely there must be more story telling potential if you explore everything instead of just milking the “dark and evil” section.

Extraordinary Member

Why Damian and not one of his own kids

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why Damian and not one of his own kids
    Priest has a thing for Damian and Deathstroke. Don't know why, but he does.

Fantastic Member

This is a different universe for all we know this version of Damian could be his son. Also, one of the best ways that Slade has often tried to harm Batman is by turning one of the Robins against him. In the pre 52 long before Damian, he used to try to get Dick to join him and try to turn him against Bruce. But, in the end Dick ended up influencing Rose to become a hero instead. Trying to turn Damian is just a continuation of this part of his character.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 11-14-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Their relationship over the last 5 years, plus all the animated films jeez
    Their practically rivals now

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It started before Priest to be fair way back in Morrison's run.

It does make sense. Damian is batman's Son and Deathstroke does kind of mirror batman.
    Damian is the Protege/surrogate son of Deathstroke's arch Rival from way back. Dick Grayson. [he never did manage to carry out his assignment with them which must hurt]
    Damian has similarities to Slade. Both are assassins
    There's the Movie with the LOA and talia
    Damian is Robin and leads the TT. Deathstroke was/is a TT villain.

So it not just Priest having a thing but more because it makes a lot of sense with foundations/connections set down before Damian was a thing.

There's a lot to mine.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-14-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It started before Priest to be fair way back in Morrison's run.

It does make sense. Damian is batman's Son and Deathstroke does kind of mirror batman.
    Damian is the Protege/surrogate son of Deathstroke's arch Rival from way back. Dick Grayson. [he never did manage to carry out his assignment with them which must hurt]
    Damian has similarities to Slade. Both are assassins
    There's the Movie with the LOA and talia
    Damian is Robin and leads the TT. Deathstroke was/is a TT villain.

I makes a lot of sense actually
    Not to mention Dick also helped to make Slade's kids heroes. In the original Judas Contract he became Nightwing at the same time Joseph became Jericho and joined the Titans. Also, Dick later trained Rose and influenced her to become a hero and join Tim's Teen Titans team. So, it's not surprising that Slade would later try to harm his greatest enemy sidekick/little brother.

I think Priest just finds Damian interesting, and would like to explore his relationship with his father or lack there of. So he does what he can with what he has. Which is Deathstoke. I don’t think he is comfortable with children killers being glorified or just left to their own devices. Priest’s Slade doesn’t want to harm Damian, but to crudely teach him to not be him or his dad even. Cause his dad doesn’t seem to be doing that in his perspective. He doesn’t want them killing people or having to live with that kind of weight (which I think reflects Priest own views), and so Damian makes his Slade uncomfortable. Slade wants kids to be like Dick, not little killers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-15-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Came across a tweet by Tomasi at a Panel this year. The real reason why Synder doesn't like writing Robin [aside from non human Jarro] and the likely reason he didn't fully utilise Duke

Replying to @multiversitycom
    “Is there a character in the Bat family that is yours?”

5:42 PM - Mar 23, 2019

Multiversity Comics
    @multiversitycom
    Replying to @multiversitycom
    Tomasi: absolutely Damian. It’s been a privilege to get to take him from Morrison and run. Damian is the perfect Robin. He’s built to be Robin.

5:42 PM - Mar 23, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    See Multiversity Comics's other Tweets

Tomasi: Scott Snyder doesn’t like writing Robin cause he feels it’s irresponsible of Batman to do that. But Damian takes care ofhimself.