Page 213 of 272 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member

On the one hand this voice for Damian doesn't feel right but, I forgot how long its been since Damian has been around someone he can be his true self, and by that I mean his more vulnerable side. Damian is alot more childish when he and grayson get together, again it been so long with supersons over and Dick being ric, he probably on guard all the time, the titans hate him, he and bruce were estranged, and lets not even get into what happening in gotham, His mother is inconsistent in all area's.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
    So i guess its not wrong, its just been a while since he has gotten to be a kid, which kinda tells us their is somthing wrong with the teen titans

Even though, not too long ago, I was arguing with someone on this forum about why I appreciate Jon bringing the kid out in Damian...I think this issue went a bit overboard with it. To the point where Damian didn't even feel like himself. The page you linked is the only part I really liked and only because I'm a sucker for sappy exchanges like that. The hug was also a nice touch. But...there was a way to do all of this and to the exact same effect... without making Damian sound like a completely different person. I don't even know how Bendis managed to screw his dialogue up THAT bad. He's a complex character but he's not really that difficult to write.

Superman was awful. I’m usually pretty forgiving when it comes to Damian characterizations, but that was just bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Even though, not too long ago, I was arguing with someone on this forum about why I appreciate Jon bringing the kid out in Damian...I think this issue went a bit overboard with it. To the point where Damian didn't even feel like himself. The page you linked is the only part I really liked and only because I'm a sucker for sappy exchanges like that. The hug was also a nice touch. But...there was a way to do all of this and to the exact same effect... without making Damian sound like a completely different person. I don't even know how Bendis managed to screw his dialogue up THAT bad. He's a complex character but he's not really that difficult to write.
    Your right, and I agree it didnt feel quite right here. I meant what i said Damian only lets his guard down a with a few people but he still sounds like him, the could have been billy bastion right now. Then again Its been so long, I am almost desprate for the fun interaction from him, I will be picking this up physically, my first since July when superson concluded

And see that right there, that interaction with Dick. That is WAY better than what we got today.

As much as I loved Tomasi's Batman and Robin, part of me does wish Damian had stayed with Dick even after Bruce returned.

Extraordinary Member

And see that right there, that interaction with Dick. That is WAY better than what we got today.

As much as I loved Tomasi's Batman and Robin, part of me does wish Damian had stayed with Dick even after Bruce returned.
    They have not talked for year

Superman 16 by Bendis is the worst thing I've ever read. I wonder how some one like Tomasi feels when he see's the mess Bendis has made of something he built

Damian woo's an Amazon

Wrong Jason he learnt that from Robzarro

https://twitter.com/ShimtarOfGods

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Superman 16 by Bendis is the worst thing I've ever read. I wonder how some one like Tomasi feels when he see's the mess Bendis has made of something he built
    There's someone on Tumblr who met Tomasi at a con and they described that Tomasi compared Bendis to a bull in a china shop... and then stopped talking about him as he realized he talked too much.

Forgot which user was it so right now it's unverifiable, and I want it to be unverifiable so Tomasi won't get any trouble, but I'm keeping that image because it's amusing and I agree
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-09-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Yeah, same here. I had no problems with that short-lived "Two Batmen" period, either.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    On the one hand this voice for Damian doesn't feel right but, I forgot how long its been since Damian has been around someone he can be his true self, and by that I mean his more vulnerable side. Damian is alot more childish when he and grayson get together, again it been so long with supersons over and Dick being ric, he probably on guard all the time, the titans hate him, he and bruce were estranged, and lets not even get into what happening in gotham, His mother is inconsistent in all area's.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
    So i guess its not wrong, its just been a while since he has gotten to be a kid, which kinda tells us their is somthing wrong with the teen titans
    I think the reason why the hug feels wrong with me is that it looks like a child hugging his big brother, which works with Grayson because he is a big brother and he thought he died, but Damian has viewed Jon as a little brother so far, and just one issue shouldn't be enough for him to change his mindset.

I do think Damian can be childish or to use the correct word, childlike, but it's a different type of childlike behavior when it's with Dick and Jon because how he views them.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-09-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There's someone on Tumblr who met Tomasi at a con and they described that Tomasi compared Bendis to a bull in a china shop... and then stopped talking about him as he realized he talked too much.

Forgot which user was it so right now it's unverifiable, and I want it to be unverifiable Tomasi won't get any trouble, but I'm keeping that image because it's amusing and I agree
    You have no idea how much this made my day XD

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Forgot which user was it so right now it's unverifiable, and I want it to be unverifiable so Tomasi won't get any trouble, but I'm keeping that image because it's amusing and I agree
    I can believe it. Barring characters that Bendis has said he likes, well, he can't write the rest at all and so slaps some generic speech on them and calls it good. And can't forget the brain drain he put on the Kents in Man of Steel.

And the rumors of this 5G crap... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And the rumors of this 5G crap... Yeah.
    5G too? I can see Bendis characters here.. Like Naomi..

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian woo's an Amazon

Wrong Jason he learnt that from Robzarro

https://twitter.com/ShimtarOfGods
    Good work Damian. You have good taste too to show that education in front of her