Page 84 of 272 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    The DNA thing and me not liking most of his new team were more things he's been involved in that I just don't like. But everything else, yeah, it does make me feel like he's going backwards as far as his development goes. Especially when, as you said, they've been foreshadowing for a while that Damian's gonna end up doing something he can't come back from, if not make an outright whole face-heel turn. If that isn't a backpedal, after everything that happened right before all of this, I don't know what is.

Just...none of what's going on right now feels right, given where's he come as a character up until this point. The only saving grace about it is that nothing he's done has been out of selfishness, like it would have been back when he was first introduced. His intentions are still good, which I am thankful for, but that kinda just makes it feel like we're getting early Damian with the conscience of more recent interpretations. He's doing bad things with the intent to do good...but he's still doing bad things.

IDK, that's just how I see it. Clearly you think different and that's alright. I've also been interested in seeing Damian mature and come into his own like all of the Robins before him...this just was not what I had in mind, at all.

Hence why I never listed his interaction with the rest of the family in my complaints with him in Rebirth. That and his relationship with Djinn are really the only signs I've seen of him taking steps forward. I like that he and Tim are seeing eye to eye now, and that he and Jason were working together...until recently. I liked his interactions with Selina.

Why isn't it? Like you said, they never suddenly stopped being close. Twice, he needed a team and both times, he went out and recruited people he didn't know and had no experience working with, when there was at least one person out there who should have been his first choice. Hell, given her background and the overall theme of the second group, she'd have been perfect. That's better than being left to collect dust in Hamilton. Like...at least show him consider recruiting her, if not actually trying to.
    Damian has come into his own like the robins before him. His own just isn't like the Robin's before nor should it be.
    I don't disagree with you the fact that his actions are wrong. He is doing bad things.
    His deciding to do thing's his way is a step forward since he has pretty much just done what his mother, father or Grayson wanted.
    Him reaching out to others to form a team is development. Before Rebirth he gave up on trying with the TT saying Grayson was the only friend he needed. This time he even struck around despite all the hostile work environment.
    Maya in story made the decision to stay in Hamilton. She has a life there.

Fantastic Member

I feel like Damian right now is going through the same writing that Batman had in Omac Project. This, will be Damian's version of that where he struggles to trust and makes mistakes. Then build the team into a stronger force after and truly is able build relationships with his teammates. I think this makes sense for Damian's character after No Justice, after this cross over I feel like Damian and the team will have made mistakes but, will become stronger in the end.

We seen this happen before with Batman after Infinite Crisis.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    pretty much most of the stuff you mention have nothing to do with Damian developing in reverse.

The personality of his new team
    The DNA arc
    The writers ignoring what's going on in other titles:

Alfred saying Damian was acting like Bruce when Glass has had him repeat beat for beat thing Bruce and Alfred are currently doing in his own title / ignoring the Nightwing situation. Those are bad story telling and continuity issues nothing to do with Damian.

Not bringing Maya isn't him going back since we in the real world know it's not that simple not to mention that Maya was been used in Hamilton. It's not like he suddenly stopped being pals with her.

DC has been foreshadowing that Damian will go evil. Even the title where he gives his life for others foreshadowed him going evil. Aside from Dick that's par for the course for batkids.
    Rebirth he acknowledged other members just as he did prior to rebirth. Agreeing to working with Jason, missing Tim and Duke in Nightwing, missing Tim in TT, being pally with Tim in Tec.

Point is while it's fair to be dissatisfied with those points above they have nothing to do with developing in reverse.

Damian is making a mistake right now. It sucks but I don't mind that. Just like I didn't mind him trying, failing, persevering in Percy's TT. I got so much joy watching him mature and by the time we got to Glass he was using words not kidnap to recruit.

People falter and I like Damian struggling. I want him for make mistakes [not all the time], fail and try to get up. That's interesting.

I just want it to be well written, the reasons to make sense and him not to become a killer.
    I really don't think they would make Damian a killer. But, Deathstroke faking his death is more likely. He has done it before in Judas Contract So, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened now. Also, this cross-over ends in Deathstroke. If he really died that would be the last issue of the series. To "fix" Damian he does not have to die, he just has to make Damian think he broke Batman's code. Also, that plan as all the added benefits of getting out of sights of superheroes and police.

Also, when does Detective Comics take place? I doubt Damian and Bruce would be able to patch up their relationship if Damian murdered Deathstroke. Also, I remember when the last cross over happened in Percy's run and they said that it would change Deathstroke and the Teen Titans forever. But, I felt like it really did not last long, nor did anyone care. I feel like this is going to be treated the same way regardless of the ending especially if this immediately goes into Crush fighting Lobo.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 03-20-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I really don't think they would make Damian a killer. But, Deathstroke faking his death is more likely. He has done it before in Judas Contract So, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened now. Also, this cross-over ends in Deathstroke. If he really died that would be the last issue of the series. To "fix" Damian he does not have to die, he just has to make Damian think he broke Batman's code. Also, that plan as all the added benefits of getting out of sights of superheroes and police.

Also, when does Detective Comics take place? I doubt Damian and Bruce would be able to patch up their relationship if Damian murdered Deathstroke. Also, I remember when the last cross over happened in Percy's run and they said that it would change Deathstroke and the Teen Titans forever. But, I felt like it really did not last long, nor did anyone care. I feel like this is going to be treated the same way regardless of the ending especially if this immediately goes into Crush fighting Lobo.
    I pretty much agree with the points you make.

Slade isn't going to die.

I just hope Damian doesn't attempt to kill him.

however my theory is that Damian will indeed try to kill him and this will confirming Bruce's worst fear that his son is becoming like him. His nightmare in Knightmares was that his way of life was harmful to Damian. Leading him down a dark path to slaughter by having him involved in Batman.

Thomas told him to give up Batman and be a father to his son. I can see the events of TT and City of Bane forcing Bruce to re-evaluate his life and make changes.

He decides to save his son and give him a chance at a future so he stops him from being Robin leading to Tim becoming Robin.

That is where I see this story heading. Rebranding. Obviously there's going to be more details and i'm not saying that Damian will just accept it or Stop being a hero but Termius Agenda is going to be a wake up call for Bruce.

I don't think it's coincidence that Damian is using the same questionable methods as a spiralling Bruce. I believe it's deliberate.

I'm not certain when Tec takes place. The Arkham Knight story that kicks off in 1000 might shed more light on the placing on the timeline. Damian's in that so his interactions with Bruce will help us judge.

I would guess Tec, batman and TT are happening pretty close.
    The issue where he treated Alfred was after Thomas showed for the 2nd time in batman but before Bruce started having Knightmares and before the terminus Agenda.

Fantastic Member

I pretty much agree with the points you make.

Slade isn't going to die.

I just hope Damian doesn't attempt to kill him.

however my theory is that Damian will indeed try to kill him and this will confirming Bruce's worst fear that his son is becoming like him. His nightmare in Knightmares was that his way of life was harmful to Damian. Leading him down a dark path to slaughter by having him involved in Batman.

Thomas told him to give up Batman and be a father to his son. I can see the events of TT and City of Bane forcing Bruce to re-evaluate his life and make changes.

He decides to save his son and give him a chance at a future so he stops him from being Robin leading to Tim becoming Robin.

That is where I see this story heading. Rebranding. Obviously there's going to be more details and i'm not saying that Damian will just accept it or Stop being a hero but Termius Agenda is going to be a wake up call for Bruce.

I don't think it's coincidence that Damian is using the same questionable methods as a spiralling Bruce. I believe it's deliberate.

I'm not certain when Tec takes place. The Arkham Knight story that kicks off in 1000 might shed more light on the placing on the timeline. Damian's in that so his interactions with Bruce will help us judge.

I would guess Tec, batman and TT are happening pretty close.
    The issue where he treated Alfred was after Thomas showed for the 2nd time in batman but before Bruce started having Knightmares and before the terminus Agenda.
    Yeah, I completely agree also, based on this newest issue I feel like this could lead to Emiko becoming the team leader. So, Damian can have a chance to get himself together. I hope after this cross over we see Damian step down as leader of the Titans. Not forever, but long enough for him to get himself back into mental and physical condition to handle it. He was already pretty physical hurt from his fight with Jason so I feel like he is not making the best decisions right now. But, that is one of the best things about the writing of the Bat family characters if they are physically and mentally exhausted writers often show that through there actions in their stories. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing where Teen Titans goes in this cross-over and after.

I've had qualms with the latest TT run but this last issue was highly entertaining.

Glass likes having these kids get wreaked I see.

Don't see how one can claim that Damian his been reversed when they only ever factor in a fraction of the writers who have used him in the last 3 or spotlight whenever he so much as sneezes wrong. If Damian's development is being reversed then so's that of every comic character. Characters stumble just like humans. mistakes offer chances to grow.

I agree with Dietrich. I like a Damian who stumbles. I don't want a Damian whose path is smooth and his future without mystery.

I don't mind Damian being Grey.
    I don't even mind him being more brutal than other Bats which he honestly isn't. Bruce still holds that crown. I don't mind any of that. Someone has to be that guy [Jason ought to be that guy]. So long as he is still helping those who need it and punishing those who deserve it. the ones above the law. I'm fine
    Last edited by Fergus; 03-21-2019 at 01:41 PM.

This reminds me of the tale of the Spartan boy who stole a fox. hid it under his shirt and the fox ate it's way through the boys innards. All the while the boy remains stoic and made conversation as normal. never once crying out or showing any signs of discomfort up till his dropped down dead.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I've had qualms with the latest TT run but this last issue was highly entertaining.

Glass likes having these kids get wreaked I see.

Don't see how one can claim that Damian his been reversed when they only ever factor in a fraction of the writers who have used him in the last 3 or spotlight whenever he so much as sneezes wrong. If Damian's development is being reversed then so's that of every comic character. Characters stumble just like humans. mistakes offer chances to grow.

I agree with Dietrich. I like a Damian who stumbles. I don't want a Damian whose path is smooth and his future without mystery.

I don't mind Damian being Grey.
    I don't even mind him being more brutal than other Bats which he honestly isn't. Bruce still holds that crown. I don't mind any of that. Someone has to be that guy [Jason ought to be that guy]. So long as he is still helping those who need it and punishing those who deserve it. the ones above the law. I'm fine
    Completely agree, thinking about it now that probably why I love this Teen Titans run so much. I there is so much mystery with not only with the new characters but, Damian as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Yeah, I completely agree also, based on this newest issue I feel like this could lead to Emiko becoming the team leader. So, Damian can have a chance to get himself together. I hope after this cross over we see Damian step down as leader of the Titans. Not forever, but long enough for him to get himself back into mental and physical condition to handle it. He was already pretty physical hurt from his fight with Jason so I feel like he is not making the best decisions right now. But, that is one of the best things about the writing of the Bat family characters if they are physically and mentally exhausted writers often show that through there actions in their stories. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing where Teen Titans goes in this cross-over and after.
    Damian is really dealing with a lot at the moment. You are right he isn't making the best decisions if only there was a place he could go to help with his psychological well being without risk of murder

I sometimes forget that Damian is only 13 and already severally scarred. I keep expect him to hold up as older heroes.

I don't mind Emiko taking over for a while. She's certainly capable

Protecting the little Birdie

https://twitter.com/ShantillyOwO
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-21-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Nightwing and Robin

https://twitter.com/0022212t