Page 259 of 272 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    If anyone cares, apparently Damian is set to appear in the third Legion issue.

Bear in mind, it's Bendis' Damian so I'd lower whatever expectations you have if they weren't already low. He's already implied he doesn't care for Damian and you can tell he means it by the way he's written him before.
    I don't have high hopes. I expect damian to just be there to get punked. A spectacular. How will this legion crew reaction to this mouthy teen that never stops talking. bendis Damian never shuts up and to make the over abundance of word vomit worse he lacks any of the wit, articulation or sass that regular Damian has when he speaks.

I shared this panel from the issue erlier

Incredible Member

The solicitation for that issue pretty much screams that Bendis will do a terrible job.

Damian written by Bendis isn't Damian. I have no reason to aknowledge anything that Bendis writes about him since it's pretty obvious he has no idea how to write him and doesn't care.
    Last edited by Ansa; 12-06-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Incredible Member

I haven't followed his Young Justice book. Was it ever explained why Tim was back to being Robin again? Tim went from Red Robin to Robin and now he goes by Drake. Why did Tim go back to Robin if there were plans to change his name and costume after less than a year anyway? Did DC tell Bendis he couldn't make Tim the main Robin again even if he's his favourite?
    Last edited by Ansa; 12-06-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    The solicitation for that issue pretty much screams that Bendis will do a terrible job.

Damian written by Bendis isn't Damian. I have no reason to aknowledge anything that Bendis writes about him since it's pretty obvious he has no idea how to write him and doesn't care.
    This. Bendis is incapable of writing Damian for a variety of reasons.

Incredible Member

On a brighter note, we'll get Tom Taylor with a Batman and Robin story next week in Detective Comics. Unlike Bendis he seems to care. I just don't know if Taylor will improve Bruce's relationship with his son or if he'll write more drama.
    On one hand I would like to see those two on better terms, on the other hand Bruce deserves to be called out for his failures as a father. Just please don't put all the blame on Damian if they fight. I'm so tired of that.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I haven't followed his Young Justice book. Was it ever explained why Tim was back to being Robin again? Tim went from Red Robin to Robin and now he goes by Drake. Why did Tim go back to Robin if there were plans to change his name and costume after less than a year anyway? Did DC tell Bendis he couldn't make Tim the main Robin again even if he's his favourite?

Nope. In the latest issue he has been changed to only having ever been RR in this run.

Basically it was a con to lure the fans who have being screaming since before the nu52.
    The fans who keep wishing and telling us that Tim had Robin taken from him unfairly and prematurely, keeping hoping that Damian dies and Tim becomes Robin again.

Nostalgia.

DC and Bendis profiting off their desperation and hopes to maximise profits nothing more.

Clever gimmick but so cruel when you see how excited Tim Tumblr were at the return and Tim being Robin. Most believed it was a permanent change and speculated that Damian due to his actions in TT was finally getting the boot.

Didn't help that Bendis kept tweeting stuff Tim is the best robin and Damian being the worst [I don't think Bendis likes Tim at all]

It's all a sham. Bendis just teasing/telling fans what they want to hear.

They could have been more sleek. That tweet about Tim being best robin came just a month or so before he announced that tim's going to be getting a name change.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Nope. In the latest issue he has been changed to only having ever been RR in this run.

Basically it was a con to lure the fans who have being screaming since before the nu52.
    The fans who keep wishing and telling us that Tim had Robin taken from him unfairly and prematurely, keeping hoping that Damian dies and Tim becomes Robin again.

Nostalgia.

DC and Bendis profiting off their desperation and hopes to maximise profits nothing more.

Clever gimmick but so cruel when you see how excited Tim Tumblr were at the return and Tim being Robin. Most believed it was a permanent change and speculated that Damian due to his actions in TT was finally getting the boot.

Didn't help that Bendis kept tweeting stuff Tim is the best robin and Damian being the worst [I don't think Bendis likes Tim at all]

They could have been more sleek. That tweet about Tim being best robin came just a month or so before he announced that tim's going to be getting a name change.
    Firing Damian for his actions in Teen Titans would have been dumb as hell. Taking Robin away from him would probably push him further away from being a hero and not help anyone involved. I remember seeing some posts that wished to see Bruce beat up Damian for his actions.
    The irony of wanting to see Bruce teach Damian a lesson about not solving problems with violence by using excessive violence seemed to be lost on them.

Tim going back to his role as the main Robin would be a setback for him. He was Robin for 20 years and hasn't been Robin for 10. It's time to move on.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Nostalgia.

Tbh all it did was create more arguments with Damian and Tim fans. Wouldnt have minded if he was just stated as Red Robin from the beginning.

I'm assuming Glass' run will end in June. I wonder if TT and Titans will be packaged together and how long will that take? Maybe Damian will go back to Tec until that inevitable re-launch. Or maybe the book keeps going and they go for another direction.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I'm assuming Glass' run will end in June. I wonder if TT and Titans will be packaged together and how long will that take? Maybe Damian will go back to Tec until that inevitable re-launch. Or maybe the book keeps going and they go for another direction.
    Wouldn't mind if Damian goes back to Detective Comics. Tomasi is one of his best writers and with Alfred gone Bruce is missing someone he can talk to.

Yeah if TT is ending just give Damian back to Tomasi. He's been more of a father to him than Bruce or Morrison xD

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah if TT is ending just give Damian back to Tomasi. He's been more of a father to him than Bruce or Morrison xD
    Tomasi wants Damian to suceed. He writes him with flaws, failures and conflicts, but at the end of the day he wants Damian to be a hero and I really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Tbh all it did was create more arguments with Damian and Tim fans. Wouldnt have minded if he was just stated as Red Robin from the beginning.

If they replace TT with a book using the older Titans, then Damian would probably be out in favour of Dick (who should finally be back to normal at around that time). Ideally, they'd both relaunch, but we need to know what this 5G stuff is first. A timeskip could turn the older Titans into the Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they replace TT with a book using the older Titans, then Damian would probably be out in favour of Dick (who should finally be back to normal at around that time). Ideally, they'd both relaunch, but we need to know what this 5G stuff is first. A timeskip could turn the older Titans into the Justice League.
    Doubtful. The 5G stuff, barring Jon Kent, is supposed to replace the big names with "unexpected" characters. For the Titans and other similarly placed characters, I have no clue.

I hope that he only appears 1 ISSUE in BENDIS Legion of superheroes.

On a brighter note, we'll get Tom Taylor with a Batman and Robin story next week in Detective Comics. Unlike Bendis he seems to care. I just don't know if Taylor will improve Bruce's relationship with his son or if he'll write more drama.
    On one hand I would like to see those two on better terms, on the other hand Bruce deserves to be called out for his failures as a father. Just please don't put all the blame on Damian if they fight. I'm so tired of that.
    I remember him.. He made one Good work with Damian in INJUSTICE II.

Wouldn't mind if Damian goes back to Detective Comics. Tomasi is one of his best writers and with Alfred gone Bruce is missing someone he can talk to.
    Without Glass I hope see him returning with Batman.
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-06-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I remember him.. He made one Good work with Damian in INJUSTICE II.
    Damian in Dceased was also good.