Page 224 of 272 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4078
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Agree with all you guys. Pretty much covers how I feel about this run and this issue.

I never had a problem with the Prison [the brainwashing I had issues with] but I understood that Damian was at his limit after watching that Planet die so he went for extreme measures.

His choices were wrong but I was fine with him taking that path as long it's interesting and he learns and grows at the end of it.

Glass though has big problems with his story telling. A lot of thing's just happen without explanation. I would expect that since this is about Damian making these huge ethical decisions and such huge change in MO we would get more insight into what's going on in his head. Some scenes that show the turmoil or his thoughts on the actions he's taking and how it's affecting the team. How/why did he decide on a prison? Did he consider other options? How is his mental state?

We could have had some pages of Damian and Emiko talking just to let us into how he's feeling and how we got here.
    I think Glass gets better in this issue with that. We can some nice panels with Emiko talking to Olie on the phone. She telling him how much she appreciates and loves her brother but also talks about how she is scared that she may be like her mother. The early issues of Glass's run focuses so much keeping some mystery that I think he struggled with moments like this. Damian also gets moments like this when Glass shows him having nightmares about the team dying. As the secrets got exposed Glass was able to write the characters thoughts in a better way. That's just my view anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Agree with all you guys. Pretty much covers how I feel about this run and this issue.

I never had a problem with the Prison [the brainwashing I had issues with] but I understood that Damian was at his limit after watching that Planet die so he went for extreme measures.

His choices were wrong but I was fine with him taking that path as long it's interesting and he learns and grows at the end of it.

Glass though has big problems with his story telling. A lot of thing's just happen without explanation. I would expect that since this is about Damian making these huge ethical decisions and such huge change in MO we would get more insight into what's going on in his head. Some scenes that show the turmoil or his thoughts on the actions he's taking and how it's affecting the team. How/why did he decide on a prison? Did he consider other options? How is his mental state?

We could have had some pages of Damian and Emiko talking just to let us into how he's feeling and how we got here.
    we have on occasion just not in his book

presently their has been no one around for Damian to share how he is feeling with, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    we have on occasion just not in his book

presently their has been no one around for Damian to share how he is feeling with, anyway
    Poor kid. I feel for him. There's only so much pressure a person can handle and I tend to forget just how young and isolated he is. No one to vent to. That's one of the things I like about the character. his strength and resolve. He gets beat down and he gets up, doesn't whine or dwell on it. he carries on fighting trying to do better.

It doesn't break him.

That's why I love Batman Inc and the way he died. He fought to the end against multiple opponents including one major foe all at the same time, He never stopped. Never gave in, even calling them cowards as they fired multiple arrows at him as he faced the Heretic.

I hope they write him some lighter stories soon.

Well for a while he did have his moments where he got to unwind and have lighter stories...then everything changed when the fire natio-I mean, the Bendis attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Well for a while he did have his moments where he got to unwind and have lighter stories...then everything changed when the fire natio-I mean, the Bendis attacked.
    Lol.

Then Bendis turned it all to ash
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-17-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Is it just me or would anyone else buy the hell out of a series starring Damian, Jason, and Cassandra?

We haven't got to see that many Batfamily teamups involving Damian.

Damian, Jason and Damian, Cass would both be teamups which could be alot of fun.

I'd also love to see a Damian and Barbara team up. Im suprised they haven't teamed up as Robin and Batgirl together. Could be an interesting dynamic to explore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Is it just me or would anyone else buy the hell out of a series starring Damian, Jason, and Cassandra?
    Perhaps if Damian and Cassandra had said a word to each other, and after Jason just beat the crap out of him I dont think so

I would like to see duke and damian, they had some witty retorts,

Jason and Batwoman and Huntress would make a good team , seeing how they tend to be the less sociable of the bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Perhaps if Damian and Cassandra had said a word to each other, and after Jason just beat the crap out of him I dont think so

I would like to see duke and damian, they had some witty retorts,

Jason and Batwoman and Huntress would make a good team , seeing how they tend to be the less sociable of the bunch
    Context is everything. Damian attacked first.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Damian, but he did start the fight, and Jason didn't even retaliate until Damian brought out that box. Still no idea what's in it, but it really seems to be quite personal to Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Context is everything. Damian attacked first.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Damian, but he did start the fight, and Jason didn't even retaliate until Damian brought out that box. Still no idea what's in it, but it really seems to be quite personal to Jason.
    Yeah but you what there's a difference between beating someone to a pulp so that they end up laid up in bed and stopping an attacker. A 13yr old one at that even if it's a 13yr old that can be ruthless and has handed you you're arse a couple of times.

People vilify Bruce for beating Jason up but it's okay for Jason to do the same/actually much worse to Damian? One is a victim with a traumatised past the other is an entitled lil **** who needs to be put in his place?

Fans are biased towards their favourite but regardless of what context you put it in, Jason beat him to a pulp that went beyond self defence.
    Threatening to kill Damian and his team mates also goes beyond self defence.

The box was personal to Jason you what so was endangering Damian's Team and so was tarnishing the Bat symbol by shooting a villain[with blanks] after promising Batman you won't. There's the context.

Damian thought he had been betrayed by the guy who rang him up out of the blue offering his mentor-ship and info only for said info to lead to a set up.

Speaking of mentor-ship. How exactly did Jason mentor Damian? Damian didn't contact him and wouldn't have told him of his new team so how did he know and what is his role in Damian's covert activities? Glass never filled the blanks and no one brought this up but it is a gaping plot hole.

Jason knew about the prison. He also gave Damian info on at least one of the inmates. Did he suggest it or just supply Damian info on a list of possible jail candidates? I assumed Damian was picking up Bruce's bad habits but Jason also had Penguin locked up.

I wish Glass had put more effort into setting up and structuring his book. All the pages wasted on pointless romance plot would have been better used to give us all these missing necessary information.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-17-2019 at 10:38 AM.

I wish Damian would have more interaction with Jason, Duke and Babs.

Duke and Damian have the bases of a friendship and since they are both young it would be cool to see more of them. Duke managed to reach Damian. Bringing him out of his shell a little. Plus they have shown that they partner well together with Duke gets Damian. The real him and has shown that he knows just how to communicate well with him. A level of maturity and social skill that so far only Alfred, Dick, Duke and Steph have displayed.

Babs we've had a few panels/bits of casual lines of dialogue but I'm really curious to see more.

Jason has reached out to Damian a few times going way back to the new 52 but Damian has always been prickly. this is a real shame since this is a relationship I really want to see explored and fixed.

Jason seems to kind of understand Damian but unlike the Dick &co he takes the bait and engages him in a leading to childish bickering which although very entertaining I believe is a big factor in Damian's lack of respect for Jason.

Also the way other family members view and treat Jason impacts Damian's perception and treatment of Jason. He knew of him before he met him and what he knew wasn't all favourable. What he saw when they 1st met wasn't favourable either so I'd like him to get to know Jason better through personal interaction that's doesn't have to be always work related.

I would like to see Damian show more respect and the relationship fleshed out but if I can't I'd still take more of the two bickering.

Cass and Damian, fine if I get it but I'm not that bothered

Damian demon design based a bit on his Chinese heritage

WitchBoy Damian

https://twitter.com/gothamtwinks

With a new pet. A baby Dragon

https://twitter.com/4yottsu
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-17-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Nightwing and Robiun

https://twitter.com/tosa07888869

I miss them

Last edited by dietrich; 10-17-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

You can't compare what Bruce did to Jason and what Jason did to Damian because they are completely different: Jason walked away when it was clear his opponent was done while Bruce kept going.

In Bruce's case, he went out of his way to hunt down and engage Jason (twice) without making any effort to investigate nor diffuse the situation. Even when it became clear his opponent wasn't going to defend themselves, Bruce kept attacking regardless.

In Damian's case, Jason started off only defending himself while attempting to defuse the situation despite the fact that Damian attacked him. This, of course, changes once Damian seemingly crosses some kind of line by pulling out the box which leads to Jason going on the offensive for the first (and only) time during their fight. Once it became clear that Damian was staying down, Jason stopped his attack and walked away. That right there is the key difference between what Bruce did to Jason and what Jason did to Damian.

Had he continued his attack than Jason would have been no different nor any better than Bruce but that's simply not what happened.

While I was initially excited to see Jason and Damian work together, Glass needed to put a lot more effort into developing the relationship on panel before he had them fight. At the very least, the entire annual should have focused on that instead of splitting it into 2 different stories. I just wish somebody would finally tap into the gold mine of potential that's Damian & Jason. Jason is a random street rat who somehow caught the attention and favor of both Damian's parents. Surely Damian would be at least mildly curious to see what all the fuss is about, right?