Page 45 of 272 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    lol not quite. I just remember Ric and Damian being isolated and I get pissed off. In place of the stupid Red Hood whatever that was Why couldn't we have Damian reaching out to the brother he actually respects and trusts? no we get PIS.
    So you’d of preferred that Damian accused and attacked Ric in a bar instead of Jason? Because that’s what would’ve happened had Dick been used in this particular story.

I don’t know about you, but that’s not how I’d like to see that reunion go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Because DC is running with the whole "I'm Ric not Dick!" thing. Thus making "Ric" not the brother Damian respects and trusts.

With Jason, at least the two share similarities on not going easy on criminals. Making it more partnership of convenience than much else.
    Where that falls on it's face is that regardless of what similarities they supposedly share Damian would never partner with Jason since he views him as a f-up. Aside from the time he tried to prove he was as good as the other Robins when has Damian ever shown that he even considered Jason as competent as his cat? As oCC as it is we have the one panel where Damian talks about Tim as a hero. Do we have anything similar for Jason

We didn't/haven't seen Jason actually do anything to back up the whole mentor claim or justify Damian reaching out to him. He was useless at the end of the day [worse if it turns out he was useless and a betrayer]

The advice that we sea him give was basic, unnecessary or contradicted by other titles. Like the funding source. A kid that can personally donate millions to a shelter one issue doesn't need to steal to run a base etc.

Not reading Jason's book but I'm certain he is as tough on criminals as all the members of the family. I know he shot penguin and is having a tantrum following Bruce beating him up but before that he wasn't doing anything your basic bat branded vigilante wasn't doing so makes little sense for Damian to go to him.

Do we have anything to show that Damian knows about Ric ?
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-17-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So you’d of preferred that Damian accused and attacked Ric in a bar instead of Jason? Because that’s what would’ve happened had Dick been used in this particular story.

I don’t know about you, but that’s not how I’d like to see that reunion go down.
    I want writers not to try to force or make characters act the way they wouldn't for their **** stories.

If Damian had attacked Dick/Ric sure he would have handled it with the same class he did the last time Damian tried to attack him. Memory loss or not.

Since Ric has been dreaming about Rob that might jog his memory. It's plausible and it's a better story than what we've had so far since we haven't had any story just one page and a fight.

Extraordinary Member

With Jason, at least the two share similarities on not going easy on criminals. Making it more partnership of convenience than much else.
    They have even more in common, like the connection with the League and Talia.

At the moment it is of course hard say, if Jason will play a role in upcoming issues and what exactly this role will be. So it is hard to say why he was used here.

But "Ric" would at the moment not really of any help for Damian, and he would have even as Nightwing maybe not been able to provide Damian with intel about "the Other" (but that's hard to say at the moment).

Interesting Question would be anyway be if Nightwing is actually set at the same time as Titans and Red Hood. Since in Nightwing, there have iirc allready several month past, since he was shot but the other books didn't had such a time jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    They have even more in common, like the connection with the League and Talia.

At the moment it is of course hard say, if Jason will play a role in upcoming issues and what exactly this role will be. So it is hard to say why he was used here.

But "Ric" would at the moment not really of any help for Damian, and he would have even as Nightwing maybe not been able to provide Damian with intel about "the Other" (but that's hard to say at the moment).

Interesting Question would be anyway be if Nightwing is actually set at the same time as Titans and Red Hood. Since in Nightwing, there have iirc allready several month past, since he was shot but the other books didn't had such a time jump.
    It's not just about who would have been more help. Damian would never go to or accept Jason 's help.
    That's a good question when is this set?

Redhood now is after Roy was shot, TT and Titans is set after No Justice, King said HIC was set before Nightwing was shot which is why batman is more cheery in that series.

It's not just about who would have been more help. Damian would never go to or accept Jason 's help.
    That's a good question when is this set?

Redhood now is after Roy was shot, TT and Titans is set after No Justice, King said HIC was set before Nightwing was shot which is why batman is more cheery in that series.
    Teen Titans, at least, has caught up somewhat to Red Hood. During the crossover, Jason mentioned he already heard about Roy's death before Damian started attacking him.

I want writers not to try to force or make characters act the way they wouldn't for their **** stories.

If Damian had attacked Dick/Ric sure he would have handled it with the same class he did the last time Damian tried to attack him. Memory loss or not.

Since Ric has been dreaming about Rob that might jog his memory. It's plausible and it's a better story than what we've had so far since we haven't had any story just one page and a fight.
    ok. That sounds like a great story to tell in Nightwing's book but that doesn't explain why Ric should've been used in the Teen Titans book or how he even fits into the story that Glass is telling.

BANNED

Because DC is running with the whole "I'm Ric not Dick!" thing. Thus making "Ric" not the brother Damian respects and trusts.

Does Damian even know Dick got shot?

I don’t know if this is new news or not but Bendis recently confirmed on Twitter that the new supersons reunion will happen later this year and he’s already written the first draft of it

I don’t know if this is new news or not but Bendis recently confirmed on Twitter that the new supersons reunion will happen later this year and he’s already written the first draft of it
    Hopefully it’s just one issue. I’d rather Damian steer clear of this new Jon. If dc wants an older friend for Damian to pal around with, just bring back Dick. I can’t think of much that this older Jon can bring to the table that Dick or any of Damian’s older brothers can’t. Jon being in Damian’s age range was what set him apart the most.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Hopefully it’s just one issue. I’d rather Damian steer clear of this new Jon. If dc wants an older friend for Damian to pal around with, just bring back Dick. I can’t think of much that this older Jon can bring to the table that Dick or any of Damian’s older brothers can’t. Jon being in Damian’s age range was what set him apart the most.
    Maybe Bendis plans to shove Damian through a portal and make him age 5 or 6 years so that they’re equal again.

I had heard something but was hoping it was just a bad dream. So long as it's just the one issue my only thing I hate is the thought of the man who alleged to to the cancellation of supersons using the supersons to bump the the mediocre sales of his Superman run.

I hate that he will benefit from this.

Bendis isn't Damian's writer and is a writer that has a reputation of bending characters so he can't really hurt Damian.

But I still rather he didn't write him. When a writer can't even spell a character's name correctly .......

BANNED

Bendis got Supersons cancelled?

Maybe Bendis plans to shove Damian through a portal and make him age 5 or 6 years so that they’re equal again.
    I can't see DC letting him do so. However It solves the problem of how to age and progress Damian without ageing batman. We know how much Didio hates characters that age the Batman.

It would be funny if Damian comes out older than Tim and it makes Damian Didio safe and free from the trap Tim found himself in.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Bendis got Supersons cancelled?
    according to rumour and some comments Tomasi allegedly made at con