Page 265 of 272 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Yep. And DC not doing anything to stop Synder outright stating otherwise is a big deal.
    That line never was a good one. It makes batman looks incompetent. if Batman needs some random kid to be his morality/stop him from going too far then he has no business being a hero. not to mention that the stories after don't reflect that.

The only robin who we can see from the stories ever making a difference is Dick Grayson.

That line was pure BS no wonder they had a stalker, lonely kid who idolised Robin say it and batman himself never once utter it. It robs batman of agency.
    This is why Damian can so easily fill Tim story place any film

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This is why Damian can so easily fill Tim story place any film
    But then they usually just make him more of a standardized Robin.

It's only been in the adult animated films where it feels like they've really been able to capture his Robin from the comics well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It's only been in the adult animated films where it feels like they've really been able to capture his Robin from the comics well.
    Somewhat since his comic counterparts changes depending on the writer

Yeah but unless you have someone like Bendis who clearly never read a past Damian book in their life, he usually doesn't change THAT badly when going from writer to writer, as far as his personality is concerned. The biggest gripe I have with certain writers are when they exaggerate just how bratty and uncooperative he is, like we're still back in the days when he first joined the family.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Tim is the standardised Robin so Damian do become that when he's taken Tim's place eg in things like those unlimited series.

Obviously I prefer Damian as himself but I get why they have him as standard Robin in some thing's.

Damian as the official Robin is forced to fill the generic Robin Role and the true Damian Role.

However even in things that are aimed at kids,where he's playing generic Robin there's still an element of Damian there

Superson'sn dressed in their Bros YJ Outsiders gear

https://twitter.com/OtterTheAuthor

The little Lads go Carolling

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Oh my God. Damian, Jon, and Bart are dressed like the South Park boys. The fact that Connor isn't dressed like Kyle makes me wonder whether or not that was on purpose or if it was a huge coincidence xD

That art confused me, because he's blonde, and of course Conner Kent isn't. But of course, it's actually Conner Hawke, the Green Arrow who got erased from continuity when New 52 happened. I would never have expected someone to use him and Jon together, because Jon didn't exist until shortly before Rebirth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That art confused me, because he's blonde, and of course Conner Kent isn't. But of course, it's actually Conner Hawke, the Green Arrow who got erased from continuity when New 52 happened. I would never have expected someone to use him and Jon together, because Jon didn't exist until shortly before Rebirth.
    Sometimes fanfic authors just end up with great ideas. This and JL8 come to mind for example.