Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
Am I the only one who is a bit irritated by batcat fans who cling to this run, because they think their ship will get a happy ever after? I know it's not unlikely that Bruce and Selina will be married or at least be together after all of this is over, but do they really believe it will stay that way forever? Even when a batman story has a happy ending, you can bet that the next writer will create a new problem, a new tragedy, to tell a new story. I don't see this working for long, especially with Dan Didio running DC.
Shippers will ship. They are obsessed and will cling to even the slightest hope that their dream pairing will be made canon. It doesn't matter how little sense the pairing makes, how bad and unbelievable the story, it doesn't matter who gets trashed. It doesn't even matter if the next writer breaks them apart.,

What matter to these fans is that they can claim that batcat were once married in canon making it THE OTP. That is all that matters.

I don't blame King for catering to that starving base. It's made him A Superstar.

I doubt they will get married. DC isn't ready to retire Batman but the fact that the same fans who are praising this run are expecting Batcat to retire with baby Helena that should tell you how naive or deluded these fans are.

Even if they do get married it won't be a happily ever after. That's boring after a while.

I am irritated especially when they act like Bruce had no idea what love was until Selina. It irritates me when they and King underplay and undermine every other character in Bruce's life to elevate Batcat.

I don't even care about Bruce's love life but I was irritated by King throwing other women in Bruce's life under the bus.
I'm super irritated that Dick [the actual character that saved Bruce and brought love and family back into his life. The one who has been there the whole time] was benched so that the role of Knight who rides to the rescue can go to Selina and these ho's don't care.

I'm super irritated that I'm forced to deal with ships in a Batman run.