Page 263 of 272 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4078
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Which comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Stuart's still the best Damian VA we've had. But as the years go by, they're gonna need to replace him sooner or later. I'm actually kinda surprised he's held on this long, even with them slightly aging him.

As for this kid...yeah he definitely sounds more like a ten year old than Stuart did when he first started out (though, he honestly wasn't THAT much older). But damn is it weird hearing Damian actually sound like a...LITTLE little kid.
    That's the thing with Damian. He should sound really young, but he doesn't talk like that, so it's kind of hard to get someone who can really capture that middle ground.

Damian clip from the Harley Quinn show

I see this was already posted earler.

I like Allen for Damian. I'm used to it I suppose but this new guy also good and he's an Oscar nominee. Damian Wayne Robin is a difficult character to get right unlike the other Robins. I'm talking both Voice Acting and Live Action.

You need to balance opposing characteristics. A young voice with a mature stilted way of speaking.

Pompous middle aged Alfred Pennyworth but with a kid's voice is what I hear when I read Damian.
    That's a tough act to cast.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-14-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    REALLY? Maybe I will give it a chance.. Only that episode to see Damian.

I am TIRED to heard Harley name and don´t see STEPH in any comic as relevant character..

Harley is even in Birds of prey with Cass.
    Funny you say that because I hear the same complaints about Damian.

characters that fans love to hate on for no good reason. Fans often claim that they are over exposed or 'shoved down our necks. I say they are popular and so DC has to meet demand.

I don't mind Harley. She's in a lot but that's because she's a Break Out Star. She's changed from her early days and at times she's put in books /teams she's no business being in but that expected of characters that fans like.

Also you mean Cass is in Harley's Birds of Prey Movie

TEEN TITANS #40
    written by ADAM GLASS and ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    “Djinn War” continues! Elias and his army of genies have begun their assault on heaven, and the only person capable of stopping him is his younger sister Djinn—who is currently trapped in purgatory. But Robin, Crush and the rest of the Teen Titans have a plan to bust her out—and the road to purgatory goes through hell itself. But how do you get to hell, you ask? Simple...you only have to die!
    ON SALE 03.18.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

This title just keeps getting crazier and I like it.

ROBIN 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1
    written by MARV WOLFMAN, CHUCK DIXON, DEVIN GRAYSON, TIM SEELEY, TOM KING, JUDD WINICK, JAMES TYNION IV, AMY WOLFRAM, ROBBIE THOMPSON, ADAM GLASS, PETER J. TOMASI, and more!
    art by TOM GRUMMETT, SCOTT McDANIEL, MIKEL JANÍN, KENNETH ROCAFORT, FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II, JAVI FERNANDEZ, NICOLA SCOTT, DUSTIN NGUYEN, ANDY KUBERT, FRANK MILLER, and others
    cover by LEE WEEKS
    1940s variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    1950s variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    1960s variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    1970s variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    1980s variant cover by FRANK MILLER
    1990s variant cover by JIM CHEUNG
    2000s variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    2010s variant cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    blank variant cover
    DC Comics celebrates Robin the Boy Wonder’s 80th anniversary in style with an all-star creative team representing each iteration of the iconic character across eight decades of history! From the high-flying adventures of Dick Grayson to the tragedy of Jason Todd, the enthusiasm of Tim Drake and the arrogance of Damian Wayne, the persistence of Stephanie Brown and the rebelliousness of Carrie Kelley—the mantle of Robin has been worn by many, but always represents one thing: a hero.
    ONE-SHOT
    PRESTIGE FORMAT
    ON SALE 03.11.20
    $9.99 US | 96 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with 11 covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian clip from the Harley Quinn show

I see this was already posted earler.

I like Allen for Damian. I'm used to it I suppose but this new guy also good and he's an Oscar nominee. Damian Wayne Robin is a difficult character to get right unlike the other Robins. I'm talking both Voice Acting and Live Action.

You need to balance opposing characteristics. A young voice with a mature stilted way of speaking.

Pompous middle aged Alfred Pennyworth but with a kid's voice is what I hear when I read Damian.
    That's a tough act to cast.
    In the comics Harley wouldn't last two minutes against Damian .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the comics Harley wouldn't last two minutes against Damian .
    Did you forget she can take on batman now and slip past as kyrptonian and amazon

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where Harley got her skills from (especially if her Amazon training isn't canon anymore) but she's no pushover. Could she easily incapacitate Damian like that? Of course not. I still have a hard time believing she could beat any Batfam member in a fair fight aside from maybe Duke. But the girl's got skill, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Did you forget she can take on batman now and slip past as kyrptonian and amazon
    Well, maybe the idiot ones in the Justice League, but the Outlaws ones...

Mighty Member

I don't hate Jacob Tremblay's voice work for Damian, but I think he would have benefitted greatly from not having Stuart Allan Bertman coming before him. I think he was cast because they needed to play up the arrogant brat far out of his league rather than arrogant jerk.

Harley shouldn't be able to beat any Robin but she does appear to have gotten a power up recently.

Harley beating the JL is BS from the same writer that gave us Catwoman beating 3 Flashes so not surprising.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yeah in New 52 Dick and Harley debut in the same year. Dick's 16 and Harley fresh out. They never said how long did it take for Joker to convert her but she went straight to Arkham after university.

About Robins, 90s Harley can't beat Batman, but she's still plenty agile. I feel like standard Harley, no powers would be an even match for a standard Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where Harley got her skills from (especially if her Amazon training isn't canon anymore) but she's no pushover. Could she easily incapacitate Damian like that? Of course not. I still have a hard time believing she could beat any Batfam member in a fair fight aside from maybe Duke. But the girl's got skill, regardless.
    I think she's honestly more slippery then strong combat-wise, at least if we're pitting her against an actual Superhero.

Original Harley (BTAS) was a gymnast. So, flexible and agile, but that does not make a master fighter.