Page 260 of 272 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4078
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Doubtful. The 5G stuff, barring Jon Kent, is supposed to replace the big names with "unexpected" characters. For the Titans and other similarly placed characters, I have no clue.
    Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman are the new Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman are the new Titans
    Nope. JSA (aka, Retirement Home for Heroes).

Damian in Dceased was also good.
    I almost forgot it..

I was thinking in one Taylor interview where he mentioned Damian and for this I was thinking in him only as INJUSTICE WRITER.

Doubtful. The 5G stuff, barring Jon Kent, is supposed to replace the big names with "unexpected" characters. For the Titans and other similarly placed characters, I have no clue.
    There's currently three JL books, no reason for that to change. And there's sure to be members without solo books. Seems likely to me that Titans characters are going to fill some of those spots. For example, Miss Martian takes Martian Manhunter's place (something that already seems to be happening!). Raven would fit in on the Dark team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's currently three JL books, no reason for that to change. And there's sure to be members without solo books. Seems likely to me that Titans characters are going to fill some of those spots. For example, Miss Martian takes Martian Manhunter's place (something that already seems to be happening!). Raven would fit in on the Dark team.
    Are you including JL oddessy?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Tbh all it did was create more arguments with Damian and Tim fans. Wouldnt have minded if he was just stated as Red Robin from the beginning.

I'm assuming Glass' run will end in June. I wonder if TT and Titans will be packaged together and how long will that take? Maybe Damian will go back to Tec until that inevitable re-launch. Or maybe the book keeps going and they go for another direction.
    Yep. I don't know why Bendis started the comparisons. To go so far as to even put those in official solicits is just unprofessional and juvenile.

It's also hollow. If you want to show your love and support for a character you do that by using them to their best potential. Doing whats best for the character not making him a gimmick and a laughing stock.

Having Tim who's supposed to be smart make such a bone head decision re his identity is out of character. The line the most dangerous bird just comes off as mocking.

I like the idea of Robin on Tec but honestly DC has been trying since the 90's to put distance between Robin and Batman.
    Tim's Robin was notoriously absent from the batman titles once his actual training was done. Batman instead would show up in the Robin solo.
    The trend continued with Damian though with Damian the B&R made it seem like Robin was back in the Bat titles but he wasn't. That was a different title.

Jason's tenure was the last time Robin was a feature of the batman main titles.

So I doubt Robin will become a regular on Tec. DC want's Robin to be as independent as possible.

I hope TT continues. I don't want Damian to become exclusive to Batman titles.
    I want him to have stories and interesting relationships that have nothing to do with Batman.

Priest did this so well.

It's not in Damian's best interest to be so tied up with Batman and his universe. To have a shot at progressing beyond sidekick or even staying in that Robin for a long time he must prove that he can survive outside of batman stories.

In an ideal world I want Damian on Tec and TT

Wouldn't mind if Damian goes back to Detective Comics. Tomasi is one of his best writers and with Alfred gone Bruce is missing someone he can talk to.
    ahh you forget he has Selina and she's the bestest. Who needs Alfred.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-07-2019 at 06:27 PM.

I really love Otter's art. His little lads series is excellent

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I almost forgot it..

I was thinking in one Taylor interview where he mentioned Damian and for this I was thinking in him only as INJUSTICE WRITER.
    He said that his son was a fan of the super sons and that's why they had a bigger role in Dceased. I certainly didn't expect them to show up when they announced the title but I was pleasently suprised.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    ahh you forget he has Selina and she's the bestest. Who needs Alfred.
    If they try to put Selina in Alfred's place I'm giving up on dc. It would be wrong on so many levels.

Dc has been pulling weird stunts left and right for two years, it's enough. We'll see batcat in the main title, Batman and Catwoman and probably in the Catwoman book too. Give me at least one big Batman title where other relationships get some focus. I'm so done with those two.
    Last edited by Ansa; 12-08-2019 at 07:58 AM.

If they try to put Selina in Alfred's place I'm giving up on dc. It would be wrong on so many levels.

Dc has been pulling weird stunts left and right for two years, it's enough. We'll see batcat in the main title, Batman and Catwoman and probably in the Catwoman book too. Give me at least one big Batman title where other relationships get some focus. I'm so done with those two.
    Maybe they're trying to make Catwoman a thing. You trying to see if she can be a breakout Superstar like Harley Quinn? Hoping that if they keep pushing her by leveraging the power of the Batman she might finally take off beyond fetishy eye candy.
    I know her current solo is selling well but that's thanks to the variants. Artgerm ran a survey asking how many fans bought the Catwoman title for the variant alone and how many were enjoying the book and the results were disgusting.

I don't want to say men are pervs but some men are pervs or some men really really love Art. The survey can be seen on their twitter page.

How thing's change Catwoman fans are dying for her to become a married woman while Harley is broke free and is success as a female Icon and survivor. I didn't see that coming.

She likely will fill the emotional support role but not for long and never in a way that Alfred did and not in all books. DC doesn't really care for focusing on any of those types of relationships. they only care for the Hero villain relationship.

If Superman couldn't have stories focused on his relationships with his wife and family then no hope for Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I almost forgot it..

Injustice is interesting to me because you can see Tom's feelings about Damian change. You can tell as the story started that Damian was written by someone who didn't care for the character but as the story progressed you feel the writers love and understanding of the character grow.

By Injustice 2 we seemed to get a writer who was keen to make amends. A writer who now understands the character and was keen to do them Justice.

Going back to flesh out Damian as a kid.

Adding more info like the panels that showed that all this while Damian had been patrolling and Protecting the weak and the innocent.

Details that were left out at 1st such as making a case for Damian's reasons for leaving Batman. A justification. No longer was he a traitor rather he was making sense. Calling out Batman on his double standards much earlier than society did [Bruce was later charged by the courts]

Making him the best option in a world caught between 2 harmful Regimes. The hero the universe needed.

Then I saw the interview and Tom Taylor confirmed it. He wasn't a fan of the character at first he said but as he got to know him and read more Damian became a favourite. Writers shouldn't let their feelings on characters affect their writing but in this case I'm glad Taylor gave in to bias.