Page 20 of 272 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    On another note baby Jon just showed up in Young Justice so clearly they are setting up Super Sons to be a thing

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You are probably right about the reason why he was talking like that.

About the eye colour it really doesn't take much to send a memo out what eye colour he should have. Along with skin colour but I don't think DC is that much into the detailing.
    Well, as you said on the previous thread, some people have a very difficult time telling the difference between DCAU Damian and comic Damian. Comic and video games Damian had blue eyes. It's a literal plot point in different series that he has Bruce's eyes. Tallant from Brotherhood of the Bat had Bruce's eye color and Talia's eye shape. The original vanguard of Damian fans prefer that and complain about the green eyes. Since they're the ones that convinced WB that Damian was the Robin to make movies about, drove the digital first and digital in general market, named their children after Damian, and scare creators other than Bendis enough that no professional writer will publicly admit to disliking Damian anymore, blue eyes are thrown out to show that their Damian still matters.

Since Didio is an idiot and doesn't understand that an older fan base is outrageously loyal, and that he'd secured with Damian the holy grails in publishing fan bases (women over 25 and military), he's courting the teenagers and younger with green eyes because they came in from the movies and can't accept that they're two different characters. Ironically, almost every live action and animated version of Dick has brown eyes, yet no one gets confused over his eye color. The same with Bruce and Selina, who have regularly had brown eyes in the past, and even Tim. It's just Damian.

But at least with Damian we have the explanation of the Lazarus Pits and his grandfather and mother having eyes that don't stay the same color. In fact, it's been a thing for over 20 years that the Lazarus Pits will temporarily change a person's eyes if they're having strong, negative emotions like jealously or rejection; the stronger the emotion the more unnatural the eye color. Jason used to have flashes of green eyes after his return pre reboot, Stephanie had a flash of green eyes in Red Robin when she found out Tim and Tam were engaged, Cass had flashes of green eyes when she led the League, and in the new 52 and Rebirth Lady Shiva's eyes regularly turn green, and Ra's and Talia's sometimes go back to brown (or if Ra's is really happy, like in All Star, blue). But it all boils down to the readers comprehension and observation abilities if it works or not.

On another note baby Jon just showed up in Young Justice so clearly they are setting up Super Sons to be a thing
    I'm that elmo on fire meme right now, thank you WB gods for blessing us with the super babies

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I'm that elmo on fire meme right now, thank you WB gods for blessing us with the super babies
    So many super babies! Next gen of the Team is on standby!

... I am surprised for say this but... I think that without matter this saga events soon I will forgive her for all her past and future mistakes..

Compared with other things she is a minor problem for Damian..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-18-2019 at 06:36 PM.

He didn't speak like Damian.

That was just creepy and that costume malfunction... not sure what's going on.
    I'm sure Manhke has drawn Damian before in an issue of Pat and Tomasi's Superman and I don't remember we had a problem with it before, which makes me think he should know how Damian's costume look like, so maybe like what everyone's been saying it's planned, especially with how Tomasi is a writer who pays attention to details as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I dont think he brought up Damian or Leviathan. He just said Jon's going to be in every issue of Superman moving forward and that obviously his new status is going to rock everyone around him.
    This doesn't sound good at all...

I've seen images and Jon seems older than Damian like maybe a year older.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    It's hard to tell because YJ's art has been hit or miss as far as I can tell, but I'd say Jon isn't quite a year old yet and Damian's a few months. Given that Damian, despite being three years older, still looked and kinda acted like he was Jon's age in Super Sons, it's fitting.

Tec was excellent. I feel Damian's portrayal this issue was intentional not in error.

We'll see how this develops.

So SuperSons in YJ. Smart thinking DC

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    ... I am surprised for say this but... I think that without matter this saga events soon I will forgive her for all her past and future mistakes..

Compared with other things she is a minor problem for Damian..
    I've been enjoying Bendis however not looking forward to him writing Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    Jon looks about 2 years older than Damian. Even more evidence that this Damian is going to be accelerated while Jon ages naturally

Teen Titans v Deathstroke Terminus Agenda

Looks like they managed to capture Slade.

So from Tec Bruce is aware of the new team but he's not bothered to check them out. He trusts Damian
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-20-2019 at 03:37 AM.

I like the Western look on the boys

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Teen Titans v Deathstroke Terminus Agenda

Oh Man look at Variant 2 Damian looks phenomenal. I know what I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

I like the Western look on the boys
    Damian just looks the same wish he had more of a western getup