Page 186 of 272 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4078

Squad

Dick Grayson a much better Batman than Thomas and King's Bruce
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-22-2019 at 02:20 AM.

Damian was the only good part of this issue. Yet again The Batman gets outshined by another in his own title. A regular occurrence in this run. I now also realise that King has a great understanding of certain characters it's just that he chooses to write them to fit his story. His Damian was delightful and on point.

Damian's mission was a failure but this issue was a big win for the character. I almost wish King has used him more in his run. This was Damian's issue.

Alfred was a dead man walking and i hope it sticks. Might that be King's plan. Out with the old and in with the new. Selina has been elbowing Alfred out in the MVP to Batman stakes and the who can't Batman function without stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Squad

Dick Grayson a much better Batman than Thomas and King's Bruce
    Dick teaching Damian to talk smack

Incredible Member

I think Damian needs to update his title to Robin: brother, son and grandson of Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I think Damian needs to update his title to Robin: brother, son and grandson of Batman.
    I like it

Issue 77 had some beautiful Damian action scenes and the way Janin draws him. You can see his personality in every drawing. Just lovely art. The panels between Thomas and Damian were a pleasure. Damian's Wayne's deadliest weapon is his wit and his words.

He cut that man to shreds.

This title also gave Damian his biggest wins since Rebirth began. Taking down Zasaz, scarecrow [ no one hurts an animal on Damian's watch]

Dodging bullets.
    It was so satisfying seeing him take down Gotham Girl who was annoying as heck this issue.

Those leaked concepts from the planned Damian game look so sick. Damn it WB I was looking forward to Gotham GTA style but I guess Injustice will have to do.

Not too happy that they seemed to have gone for boring Batman style for their would be Damian which is very bad. Damian has the most distinct and badass batman style ever why would they swap that for generic.

Rest of the concepts and designs were amazing and unique. DC is excellent at missing opportunities.
    I liked the designs but sadly fans are idiots as this video demonstrates i n a world where Damian has grown to become batman how old would one expect the villains that were Bruce's agemates to be. What do you think Selina and harley will look like remember that in BB Harley is a grand mother who uses a cane.

why would one expect that the same villains will still be behind the mask? batman has a different person behind the cowl.
    I particularly like Black mask and Ivy. now we k now where BOP got their inspiration for Black Mask from.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I liked the designs but sadly fans are idiots as this video demonstrates i n a world where Damian has grown to become batman how old would one expect the villains that were Bruce's agemates to be. What do you think Selina and harley will look like remember that in BB Harley is a grand mother who uses a cane.

why would one expect that the same villains will still be behind the mask? batman has a different person behind the cowl.
    I particularly like Black mask and Ivy. now we k now where BOP got their inspiration for Black Mask from.

BOP Black Mask is flamboyantly gay not female but I see what you mean.
    That Ivy I guess we are expected to play these games with our d**ks why else would the presenter be down on her because she wasn't designed for the male gaze.

i thought a woman would find it refreshing that the redesign gave us something different from the objectification that these female characters often subject to

That White Rabbit though....

Incredible Member

I think it's funny how some people say that the difference between Damian and Bruce is that Bruce would have had a plan going into the city and would have thought of the consequences...even though Bruce has shown repeatedly in this run that he's going into fights alone without doing enough research and ends up losing, causing City of Bane in the first place. Even in this issue his plan is: Don't recover from your injuries, enter Gotham alone, explicitly without the help of the bat-family and here comes the best part, he doesn't even plan on winning, he thinks he's going to die. It's Selina who has to tell him it's a terrible idea and that he will need help.
    People forget that King's Bruce is a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I think it's funny how some people say that the difference between Damian and Bruce is that Bruce would have had a plan going into the city and would have thought of the consequences...even though Bruce has shown repeatedly in this run that he's going into fights alone without doing enough research and ends up losing, causing City of Bane in the first place. Even in this issue his plan is: Don't recover from your injuries, enter Gotham alone, explicitly without the help of the bat-family and here comes the best part, he doesn't even plan on winning, he thinks he's going to die. It's Selina who has to tell him it's a terrible idea and that he will need help.
    People forget that King's Bruce is a dumbass.
    Bias. Fans will stretch, twist and ignore the hell out of facts/truth and in-world-logic to suit what they want to believe. Even when the truth is starring them in the face.

Much like Bruce having an illegal Prison, using a pulse point or Bruce being the most morally grey of the family.

This latest issue though was particularly jarring since the truth was literally in the same issue.

Incredible Member

Bias. Fans will stretch, twist and ignore the hell out of facts/truth and in-world-logic to suit what they want to believe. Even when the truth is starring them in the face.

Much like Bruce having an illegal Prison, using a pulse point or Bruce being the most morally grey of the family.

This latest issue though was particularly jarring since the truth was literally in the same issue.
    Thomas even says: "You are your father's son" while stomping on Damian. It was pretty obvious to me that we were supposed to see parallels between Bruce and Damian in this issue, but some people apparently didn't pick up on that.

Extraordinary Member

Djinn the traitor aint she, he gonna be giving her space now

its be fitting since then neither crush or robin could have her

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Djinn the traitor aint she, he gonna be giving her space now

its be fitting since then neither crush or robin could have her
    Wow! Very Interesting. Still haven't read this. They are sold out at my comic shop [not many comic shops where I live. Only the one shop]

Djinn is the traitor huh. Damian looks so sad. DC is really heaping on the angst. Talk about losing one's support system and yet he's not throwing a tantrum.*

Lately Damian has been learning from his dad how to cope [illegal prison's, hitting family members etc] but i'm glad he's keeping it together more than Bruce and still is trying to handle his responsibilities. He hasn't given up and keeps fighting. There's a lot the father can learn from the son.

just to clearify when talk about heaping on the Angst and losing one's support I mean Dick, Alfred, his dad. I'm talking about all the badness since Rebirth began not anything to do with his thoughts on Djinn here.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-24-2019 at 02:49 AM.