Page 100 of 272 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4078

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its the kind of thing DC could really use right now; a series about friendship, adventure, and the main characters bonding together. And if Gleason just so happened to ignore a certain something over in the Superman books, he could include Jon, Kathy, and the Bizarro Sons as well.
    The whole gang together again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its the kind of thing DC could really use right now; a series about friendship, adventure, and the main characters bonding together. And if Gleason just so happened to ignore a certain something over in the Superman books, he could include Jon, Kathy, and the Bizarro Sons as well.
    Hopefully Gleason can get off YJ, which doesn't deserve him, and back to the Supersons.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Hopefully Gleason can get off YJ, which doesn't deserve him, and back to the Supersons.
    I believe Gleason's off YJ after issue 6 though not sure if it's permanent. John Timm is the new artist for YJ

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    So going through reviews of Tec 1000 something was brought to my attention.

Damian is a stinky kid.

Supersons and Dynomutt

And of course who can forget animated Nightwing telling Damian that he needs to change his uniform more

Not sure how I feel about that.
    Heh, it appears that you have forgotten Robin: Son of Batman issues 1 and 6, where Abush upon meeting Damian declares he needs a bath and Talia upon conquering the country declares the first order of business is Damian needs a bath. Which is pretty normal for unsupervised children and young teenagers. Considering that Damian tends to sleep on and with his pets, run around like crazy, and roam sewers, rooftops, caves, and various other unsavory places he's bound to be funky. At least Teen Titans shows him paying attention to personal hygiene and showering due to the presence of girls he's attracted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Heh, it appears that you have forgotten Robin: Son of Batman issues 1 and 6, where Abush upon meeting Damian declares he needs a bath and Talia upon conquering the country declares the first order of business is Damian needs a bath. Which is pretty normal for unsupervised children and young teenagers. Considering that Damian tends to sleep on and with his pets, run around like crazy, and roam sewers, rooftops, caves, and various other unsavory places he's bound to be funky. At least Teen Titans shows him paying attention to personal hygiene and showering due to the presence of girls he's attracted to.
    Lol I had forgotten about Abush but I vividly recall Talia ordering a bath in RSOB because it reminded me of Prince Eddie Murphy and his Royal Bathers in Coming to America.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I read Ian Wayne. I posted a mini review a couple on pages back. The story wasn 't really engaging. It was focused on Jon trying trying to save his mum and Damian trying to save his father's wall.

All while helping this girl Candice.
    Damian is pretty much how I would expect him to have been when he lived with Talia. A super rich super spoiled kid who likes fighting and orders personal assistants to buy companies on a whim just because he has issues with the owners kids or some aspect of the business.

Jon is moody and no fun though that could be down to him being overcome with worry for his mum and being treated like an unwanted immigrant/asylum seeker at school.

It deals with a lots of topical issues like climate change and discrimination but It misses the mark on everything that made/makes supersons so beloved.

I remember Damian saying about revelling in excrement and all I can say is "eww. Have a wash and change your uniform you stinko"
    The story seems also really unfocused.
    It starts with someone destroying the flood walls, then it is suddenly about people getting sick by sick by some mysterious virus (even if we don't see anybody getting sick besides Lois). And then the people who spread the visrus seem for no good reason be connected with the gangs that attack the flood refuges.

It is also unclear why Damian wants to work with Jon, since he doesn't seem to no that he is the son of Superman. And I can still not really see a reason why add a character like Candance to the book, who seems to have her own plot going on which doesn't really seem to be connected with the rest of the story.

It is also wired that the book despite being TPB length seems only to tell a part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The story seems also really unfocused.
    It starts with someone destroying the flood walls, then it is suddenly about people getting sick by sick by some mysterious virus (even if we don't see anybody getting sick besides Lois). And then the people who spread the visrus seem for no good reason be connected with the gangs that attack the flood refuges.

It is also unclear why Damian wants to work with Jon, since he doesn't seem to no that he is the son of Superman. And I can still not really see a reason why add a character like Candance to the book, who seems to have her own plot going on which doesn't really seem to be connected with the rest of the story.

It is also wired that the book despite being TPB length seems only to tell a part of the story.
    damian seemed to be working with Jon to help Candance which wasn't really explained very well. because Damian is supposed to have manipulated Jon into working with him but I don't get how.

My understanding is that Jon was investigating his mother getting sick and Damian was investigating people damaging his dad's Flood walls and that sort of brought them together.

but yep the story is all over the place.

It's an on going story in 3 parts.

The book is a major disservice to the Supersons series. If they wanted to attract new people they should have just stuck with the winning formula they already had.
    Imagine Tomasi's series given the promotion and backing this horrible title got? This series had tv adverts for goodness sake. That's bullshit.

Extraordinary Member

The book is a major disservice to the Supersons series. If they wanted to attract new people they should have just stuck with the winning formula they already had.
    Imagine Tomasi's series given the promotion and backing this horrible title got? This series had tv adverts for goodness sake. That's bullshit.
    I can see why would make it more child friendly, and a better starting point for new readers.

Many of the creative decisions are just wired.

I mean why make Damian "Bat-Kid" instead of Robin, especially since that wordplay probably doesn't work in any language but English.

And why add Candance.

I can see why would make it more child friendly, and a better starting point for new readers.

Many of the creative decisions are just wired.

I mean why make Damian "Bat-Kid" instead of Robin, especially since that wordplay probably doesn't work in any language but English.

And why add Candance.

The book has a high level of social conscience and responsibility. Robin isn't the healthiest of concepts in especially in todays world of child soldiers and Robins famously dying so easily.

That's the reason why that batman didn't have a child helper and was against Damian helping. bat kid wasn't official. Superboy if you notice the story followed him more and there was less issues or secrecy surrounding his crime fighting because he has powers so the writer seemed to have less problems endangering him.

The same reason why Bat kid had a helmet and all those padding because he was just a boy with easily damaged parts.

candance was there for diversity. Black and a girl. Again underlining how du mb it was to have anyone other than Tomasi or someone familiar with the franchise handling it.

The new writer failed to understand that Supersons is supposed to be that about the sons.
    He also didn't know enough about Damian to know that there was already a minority on the cast which led to the whitewashing and forced diversity.

Astonishing Member

candance was there for diversity. Black and a girl. Again underlining how du mb it was to have anyone other than Tomasi or someone familiar with the franchise handling it.

The new writer failed to understand that Supersons is supposed to be that about the sons.
    He also didn't know enough about Damian to know that there was already a minority on the cast which led to the whitewashing and forced diversity.
    To be fair, even if the writer know about Damian and Supersons, it's easy forgot Damian is part of a diversity. Many writers and artists tend to forgot this.

Tomasi Supersons wasn't the exception, since it never show this aspect of Damian either (he even look as white as Jon).

Even if he knows Damian is a minority, he would probably still add Candance in this, since he wants to add girls in the comic (also, it doesn't exist a limit to represent diverse races).
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-12-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I get that, but thats not really a good reason. Especially since she really feels forced into the story opposed to the other girl.

And honestly not every book needs to appeal to both genders, if you make a title like Super Sons it is imo totally OK make it for primarily for boys (I haven't read the Mera Zoom Comic, but I doubt they added an additional male protagonist).

Finally.

Congratulations for the 100th page damian.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I really miss her. Even gleason voted one of my comments saying that in his twitter recently.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-12-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

I get that, but thats not really a good reason. Especially since she really feels forced into the story opposed to the other girl.

And honestly not every book needs to appeal to both genders, if you make a title like Super Sons it is imo totally OK make it for primarily for boys (I haven't read the Mera Zoom Comic, but I doubt they added an additional male protagonist).
    Arthur, who has black hair, is a big part in Mera Zoom Comic (practically a deuteragonist), so they don't need an additional male protagonist.

Page 100

Damian and Goliath

http://vipadafai.tumblr.com